REPORT: Garoppolo Expected to Miss Thursday Night, Possibly Longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REPORT: Garoppolo Expected to Miss Thursday Night, Possibly Longer

Ian Logue

It sounds like Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to miss Thursday night's game against the Texans due to the injury he suffered Sunday and possibly longer.

Garoppolo may have escaped suffering a fracture after the hit he took from Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso, which knocked him out of Sunday’s game, but it sounds like the blow may be enough to cost him any more time on the field this season unless someone else knocks Tom Brady out when the veteran returns in three weeks.

According to the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe, Garoppolo is expected to miss Thursday night’s game against the Texans due to the injury, and possibly longer since the injury was to his throwing shoulder and could take up to six weeks to heal.

Continue reading...

I am trying to remember what the new rules instituted this season are in regards to in-season injured reserve.

Previously a team could only bring one player back, but you had to designate him at the team of the injury.

I know that teams don't have to designate an injured player to be eligible to return later now, but are they still limited to only bringing one player back? Or can teams now bring two or more players back once they go on IR?

Edit: found my answer. Teams can still only bring one player back from IR.

Dion Lewis, Sebastian Vollmer and Tre' Jackson are all on reserve/PUP, not on IR.
No designation was needed to be made with Rob Ninkovich due to his four game suspension.

So if the Pats wanted to they could place Garoppolo on Injured Reserve (with the idea of returning later) they could do so. JG would have to miss at least eight weeks though. Once on IR a player needs to stay there for at least six weeks, and then would not be able to return to the active roster for another two weeks after that.

EEI and CBS Boston are both reporting him to be out 6 weeks :(

EEI and CBS Boston are both reporting him to be out 6 weeks :(

Since it's not broken, it's likely an AC joint sprain. Definitely going to be tough on a short week for Brissett and you add in the fact they need to find a back-up QB.

Since it's not broken, it's likely an AC joint sprain. Definitely going to be tough on a short week for Brissett and you add in the fact they need to find a back-up QB.

They probably have to IR Jimmy to attract a decent enough player who can then be signed for the remainder of the season instead of 2 weeks. Brissett will have to play Thursday and might have to also play vs the Bills unless we find a pretty good QB out there. I think Jimmy gets the rest of the season to learn how to get tackled without injury.

Yeah, looks like the search for a backup qb is on. And that Jimmy is heading for the IR. Wow, all this in a split second--outside the pocket.

So....the only question is:

What happens when brissett throws for over 300 yards each of the next 2 weeks and the pats are 4-0

What happens then?
What happens is that won't happen.

feel bad for Jimmy G. This has to be a major kick to the scrotum for him.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

feel bad for Jimmy G. This has to be a major kick to the scrotum for him.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

But... I feel great for Jacoby Brissett! Just kidding. Echo your thoughts on this.

Mark my words... by next weekend, more Haterade about how the Pats are "faking" that it's worse than it is to avoid a QB controversy.

Odds still long on the NFL* picking up the charge, although I would not put it past them to insinuate it into their "network's" coverage.

But... I feel great for Jacoby Brissett! Just kidding. Echo your thoughts on this.

Mark my words... by next weekend, more Haterade about how the Pats are "faking" that it's worse than it is to avoid a QB controversy.

Odds still long on the NFL* picking up the charge, although I would not put it past them to insinuate it into their "network's" coverage.

I've been drinking the Belichick kool aid. I ignore the noise so to speak. I try and avoid the trash reporting on ESPN and NFLN. Its been said that it's just stupid people saying stupid things. so true.

Oh jeez....the expert speaks.....LOL
You needn't be an "expert" to feel reasonably certain Brissett won't throw for 300 yards in each of the next two games.

You needn't be an "expert" to feel reasonably certain Brissett won't throw for 300 yards in each of the next two games.

What does this even mean?

I put out a hypothetical and you responded by being....well, yourself......'uhhhh gee.....I know what's not going to happen' LOL

He actually was 10ypa today and seemed to only have an issue making one kind of throw

Carry on

What does this even mean?

I put out a hypothetical and you responded by being....well, yourself......'uhhhh gee.....I know what's not going to happen' LOL

He actually was 10ypa today and seemed to only have an issue making one kind of throw

Carry on
Your hypothetical is silly. I responded in kind. But, hey -- here's nothing wrong with hoping Jacoby does really well and surprises everyone in the process.

They probably have to IR Jimmy to attract a decent enough player who can then be signed for the remainder of the season instead of 2 weeks. Brissett will have to play Thursday and might have to also play vs the Bills unless we find a pretty good QB out there. I think Jimmy gets the rest of the season to learn how to get tackled without injury.
Why would someone turn down a paycheck unless they're on the cusp of retirement?

Your hypothetical is silly. I responded in kind. But, hey -- here's nothing wrong with hoping Jacoby does really well and surprises everyone in the process.

Won't surprise me.....

Not well thought out like your friggin prognostications?

The buzz out of camp is that he's lazy and a self-promoter, that football is not his No. 1 priority. I think BB tried to light a fire under him giving him ample snaps in the exhibition games. It would not surprise me to see him let go, but that also would be a huge disappointment. We just might see a trio of Gronk, Derby and Harbor.

You surprised with what Bennett has done?

I'm not

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back