REPORT: Patriots Special Teams Ace Slater Expected to 'Miss Time'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REPORT: Patriots Special Teams Ace Slater Expected to 'Miss Time'

Ian Logue

The Patriots have had one of the best special teams players in the game for a long time, but it sounds like they may be without him in the coming weeks.

Continue reading...

Back in college when a friend and I were following Phish for a summer, we got wrapped up on extracurricular activities and completely lost track of time. We hit the show a day late and had our own surreal, National Lampoon's "Vacation" moment.... "Man, we're gonna get a great parking spot!"

Is that the kind of missing time Slater has coming?

A shame Dropson couldn't fill his shoes on ST's :p sorry couldn't resist.:D That said the Nate Ebners and especially Tavon Wilsons of the world should begin to earn their keep.

Back in college when a friend and I were following Phish for a summer, we got wrapped up on extracurricular activities and completely lost track of time. We hit the show a day late and had our own surreal, National Lampoon's "Vacation" moment.... "Man, we're gonna get a great parking spot!"

Is that the kind of missing time Slater has coming?

For his sake I hope that it isn't the Whitley Strieber kind.

Some signs that Slater may have been nursing some earlier and possibly more chronic injury that finally caught up with him. The mystery now centers on the anatomical location that will follow this afternoon's DNP designation so we can ascertain nature of injury and timetable for return. Knee? Hip? Groin? Abdomen? Can mods assign Patsfans medical personnel to this case?

A shame Dropson couldn't fill his shoes on ST's :p sorry couldn't resist.:D That said the Nate Ebners and especially Tavon Wilsons of the world should begin to earn their keep.

Well you're kidding but in fact that would be a great opportunity for Dobson to make the game day active roster, and then getting to play a snap or 2 as WR. I am not sure he has the speed and burst to replicate Slater's role but, well, do something. I believe BB will always appreciate a positional player willing to make his way through special teams.

Well you're kidding but in fact that would be a great opportunity for Dobson to make the game day active roster, and then getting to play a snap or 2 as WR. I am not sure he has the speed and burst to replicate Slater's role but, well, do something. I believe BB will always appreciate a positional player willing to make his way through special teams.

Actally varjao: I think Keshawn Martin fills that role he can run some too unleash this STs Beast!:cool:

Happy he is not on the IR. He is very important to this team. Get well soon!

That's great news. Just be back for the playoffs

If Dobson was even comparable to Slater on special teams, he wouldn't be inactive. You might as well expect Wendell to take that role.

How has Nate Ebner not earned his keep?

Wilson and Dobson are dead-men walking.

Slater was the victim of a cheap shot by #27 for the Indiots. After the jerk hit him from behind and knocked him down, he jumped on him and injured what looked like his hip or leg. Dirty play all the way.

Some signs that Slater may have been nursing some earlier and possibly more chronic injury that finally caught up with him. The mystery now centers on the anatomical location that will follow this afternoon's DNP designation so we can ascertain nature of injury and timetable for return. Knee? Hip? Groin? Abdomen? Can mods assign Patsfans medical personnel to this case?

I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Marriott Courtyard last week which is an upgrade over a Holiday Inn.

I thought that I read he hurt his hip?

I meant a little sarcasm with Nate Ebner.

We need a "sarcasm" button. Thats two days in a row that I've completely misread the post's intent.

You had Dobson and Wilson in there which you can argue as have not brought to the team as much value as they could.

I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Marriott Courtyard last week which is an upgrade over a Holiday Inn.

I thought that I read he hurt his hip?

First read I thought you did stay at Marion Cotillard's , I was going to say well done Sir.

First read I thought you did stay at Marion Cotillard's , I was going to say well done Sir.

No kidding...although Mrs. RW might have had a slight issue with it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back