PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Patriots Special Teams Ace Slater Expected to 'Miss Time'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slater' best assets that have kept him around without EVER being an O or D starter are his speed and brains.

The brains ain't going anywhere, but he is getting long in the tooth for an nfl player. It would be a crying shame if this injury was one that took a gear off his top speed after recovery. ...... But I wouldn't be shocked either.

Missing time was pretty much a foregone conclusion when he had to be helped off the field and carted to the locker room. As long as he's just missing time, and not missing the rest of the season on IR, I'm cautiously encouraged.

Some signs that Slater may have been nursing some earlier and possibly more chronic injury that finally caught up with him. The mystery now centers on the anatomical location that will follow this afternoon's DNP designation so we can ascertain nature of injury and timetable for return. Knee? Hip? Groin? Abdomen? Can mods assign Patsfans medical personnel to this case?
Slater. "Body part."

Thrilled to see him on the practice field today!! :)
Love his speed, hard work, leadership and overall excellence in everything he does on the field.
Make's my day , given how bad it looked on Sunday.

I like how trainers didn't even get a chance to come on the field: the team gathered around, put his arms around their necks and took him off the field... almost like "Leave No Man Behind"... Slater commands respect from his mates.

If there's ever a jersey I buy for myself, it's a #18 Slater.

Love me some Slater. Embodies what BB is trying to keep going in Foxborough. Elite STer with excellent leadership skills. Will be missed if he can't go for a while.

Having said that : his absence doesn't worry me like a Collins/Butler/Brady injury would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3