REPORT: 'A Chance' Garoppolo Could Start Thursday Night vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REPORT: 'A Chance' Garoppolo Could Start Thursday Night vs Texans

Ian Logue

After seeing Jimmy Garoppolo in pain following the shoulder injury he suffered Sunday against Miami, it looked like it might have been the final time we saw him this season before the return of suspended quarterback Tom Brady.

Continue reading...

So the Texans lose a day flying to New England on a short week, and now cannot be sure which QB they will face and have little to no film on either one.

BB playing mind games if nothing else.

Yea...I'm thinking it's just gamesmanship of sorts

7427574b5762b00e6be194fce918d08c.jpg

Wow. I hope he does and I hope he performs well. He was making the most of his opportunity and it would suck if it ended because of a shoulder injury.

If Jimmy plays in this game after that injury, and manages to play well and win the next two weeks, some team is going to trade their entire draft to get him next year.

A cortisone shot have worked wonders in the past with Jimmy G's quick release it wouldn't matter if Texans have a Pass Rush! The 2016 Patriots have some awesome skilled position players on Offense look at what they are doing without Gronk unreal.

And there are people talking about Edelman being slotted as backup to Jacoby-wan Kenobi (our only hope).

In other word, we are all in the dark with no idea what BB is cooking up. Why do we always expect otherwise?

I'll just join the chorus of those who are saying this is just another Belichickean head game...unless it isn't...which is kind of what makes it a "head game."

I'd be willing to bet that BB and Josh spent many pre-season hours game-planning for a Brissett start in weeks three or four.

If you're Houston, how do you game plan for this with two days to get ready? I'm just imagining the looks that the Pats could throw at them. I'd be surprised if we don't see both Edelman and Brissett lined up behind center a few times. How's about the old Hook and Ladder?

But the game will rest on the shoulders of the D and Blount.

Last edited:
You know this might not actually be a mind game. He rests the next two days, comes in on Thursday and they shoot him up and test him to see if he can go.

doesn't take much imagination to know what the pats are going to do.......run the damned ball

the texans defense is no different than last year......they averaged 77ypg against the run at home and 122ypg on the road....it is not the same defense away from home

right now, the 2 WR's are getting more than half the targets......

I see a double digit win by the Pats

Bill is just using gamesmanship to keep the Texans guessing...lol

I'll by VERY surprised if Jimmy recovers quickly enough. It'd be incredible if he plays through an injury, in that much pain.

For Jimmy, it's all about pain management. Some can tolerate it better than others. Toss in some medication and, who knows?

If he does start, I can't imagine he'll be tossing bombs down the field. Some short passes and a ton of handoffs would seem to be the gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back