PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: 'A Chance' Garoppolo Could Start Thursday Night vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words,

tumblr_lyyax4c4MM1qz82gvo1_500.jpg

"d%#*!@t JIM, I'M A DOCTOR NOT A FOOTBALL COACH!!"

I would go with brissett for thursday. If you start JG you are risking him getting hurt, and if that happens, he can't play in the buffalo game and his trade value drops.

An injury vs Houston also likely means Jimmy is out vs Buffalo and that makes a winnable game less winnable.

A bruise on the shoulder is a helluva long way from the heart.

Well, sort of... I mean I guess the shoulder is close to the heart... but you know what I mean...

so your #1 priority is to maximize the trade value for garoppolo?

if he can play, he will play.......case closed.......not on a hunch of what the week to week trade value is going to be ..... especially if you're managing a team with large post season plans

Re-read my post. I said that his trade value is only a factor. Houston is a less important game than Buffalo. Why risk him against Houston? Give him a week to rest and let him go beat the bills. If you said at the beginning of the year we'd be 3-1 with JG everyone would have jumped at that.

This doesn't make any sense. Is Jimmy healthy? If he isn't, why haven't they signed a vet?

That exchange was pure gold.

Some of the twitter responses are so idiotic. Some moron is all “not sure why the press lets him get away with this … He’s an a-hole. Stop showing up.”

Let’s set aside for the moment that a press conference where no one shows up would be Belichick’s dream come true, the press is not his boss. They have no authority over him. What are they gonna do? Fire him?

I love how some people think that if they were the ones asking the questions, they would be able to get Belichick to crumble and break down and say anything they wanted.

Re-read my post. I said that his trade value is only a factor. Houston is a less important game than Buffalo. Why risk him against Houston? Give him a week to rest and let him go beat the bills. If you said at the beginning of the year we'd be 3-1 with JG everyone would have jumped at that.

eh, it’s a stretch to say Houston is a less important game than Buffalo. A team’s record doesn’t say anything about which teams you beat, and if you are talking about the value in tie breaker, division record only counts if we are tied for first place within the division, which I just don’t see happening. The only tie breakers I can see being important are the ones for HFA, in which case the game against Houston is equally important as the one against Buffalo.

(If anything, the game against Houston is more important since that would give a better strength of victory, but I highly doubt the tie breakers will come down to that).

I'd rather see Brissett start and win this one for the simple reason it would be demoralizing for the teams who actually think they have a shot at getting past the Pats this season because of the suspension.

Id pass on that just to never hear the "brady is a system QB" hater lines

eh, it’s a stretch to say Houston is a less important game than Buffalo. A team’s record doesn’t say anything about which teams you beat, and if you are talking about the value in tie breaker, division record only counts if we are tied for first place within the division, which I just don’t see happening. The only tie breakers I can see being important are the ones for HFA, in which case the game against Houston is equally important as the one against Buffalo.

(If anything, the game against Houston is more important since that would give a better strength of victory, but I highly doubt the tie breakers will come down to that).

I suppose the Houston game could be a conference tie breaker or something. Buffalo has no shot at winning the division.

I suppose the Houston game could be a conference tie breaker or something. Buffalo has no shot at winning the division.

Houston has a reasonably tough schedule but should go 11-5 or on the outside 12-4.

This game is very meaningful

this makes absolutely no sense........ever hear of a tie breaker? Houston could easily go undefeated in their division and they have an easier schedule than we do

if he can play, sitting him is one of the silliest things I have heard

this makes absolutely no sense........ever hear of a tie breaker? Houston could easily go undefeated in their division and they have an easier schedule than we do

if he can play, sitting him is one of the silliest things I have heard

First of all, see above - I corrected myself on the tie-breaker issue. Second, what does "if he can play" even mean? 50%? 75%? Fortunately, BB thinks long term and not in the moment like some people on this board. Houston's biggest weakness is their run game. If you are going to run in down their throats, you don't need JG. Besides, what if Brady gets hurt down the stretch? You got to think about the entire season.

Fortunately, BB thinks long term and not in the moment like some people on this board. .
Is that like when you were saying "Bennett is not the mini Gronk we thought he was" because Bennett did not go all out during a 4th PS game?

This doesn't make any sense. Is Jimmy healthy? If he isn't, why haven't they signed a vet?

Well, obviously he's not healthy or he'd be practicing and scheduled to start on Thursday. While there may be a sliver of hope that he can still play, Belichick is most likely just continuing his tradition of keeping his mouth shut regarding injuries.

I'm guessing there are two reasons as to why they didn't bring in another QB: 1) The short week makes it completely pointless and 2) They are hoping that JG will be healed enough for Buffalo. If not, they'll need to get through one last game without Brady. If Brissett was going to play 3-4 games they'd probably bring in an outside QB. They still may do that after Thursday's game, although I think they'd have already done it if that was the plan.

First of all, see above - I corrected myself on the tie-breaker issue. Second, what does "if he can play" even mean? 50%? 75%? Fortunately, BB thinks long term and not in the moment like some people on this board. Houston's biggest weakness is their run game. If you are going to run in down their throats, you don't need JG. Besides, what if Brady gets hurt down the stretch? You got to think about the entire season.

still makes no sense.....you have zero clue as to what BB thinks

and WTF does 50%/75% mean? either he can play or he can't if he can play, he will....if he can't, he won't......just like any other player or week outside of week 17

they're not going to put him in if he can't play and they most certainly will put him in if he can

you're the one ridiculously overthinking it

Well, obviously he's not healthy or he'd be practicing and scheduled to start on Thursday. While there may be a sliver of hope that he can still play, Belichick is most likely just continuing his tradition of keeping his mouth shut regarding injuries.

I'm guessing there are two reasons as to why they didn't bring in another QB: 1) The short week makes it completely pointless and 2) They are hoping that JG will be healed enough for Buffalo. If not, they'll need to get through one last game without Brady. If Brissett was going to play 3-4 games they'd probably bring in an outside QB. They still may do that after Thursday's game, although I think they'd have already done it if that was the plan.

or he's getting treatment and they'll check his capacities out tomorrow

based on what limited info there is, it may only be a pain thing and if that can be managed who knows?

not holding my breath because the pats win this one either way, but they'd win by more if he was a go

Or a variation of 1), being: with the game being only the day after tomorrow, no outside QB could come in that could do as good of a job at Edelman, who at least knows the system inside and out (and was a three year starter at QB who broke Josh Cribbs yardage records at Kent State).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3