PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quote the Patriots' Play: STFU negative nancies

I hear you but Brady proved with us and then with Tampa that he is organizational transformative player. He brings more to the table than just his on field talents. He elevates everyone including coaches and mgmt. Whatever team he landed on in 2000 would eventually have become playoff contenders and then champions.

I just don't agree with this. Every player is made in part by their circumstances. A QB alone can't take a poor team and elevate it to champions. That's magical thinking, a movie plot where one cop or one cowboy goes into a town and cleans it up. Just doesn't happen.

I also have admitted in the past, that I do think after Brady retires, I am done following the NFL. I really hate the product on so many levels from the rules, to the shady officiating, to the expanded season. It is not an appealing product anymore but I do want to see Brady finish things out and see what else he possibly could add to the greatest resume in NFL history.

I hear ya. Pro football is gradually being reengineered to be a tool for the gambling industry. Decisions about rules, # of games, # of teams, etc. are all being made in service to gambling. The billionaire owners are one by one buying in to the sports gambling businesses. And I include fantasy football in the "gambling" category.

Probably the most fortunate aspect of the Pats' 20 year run is that the values that led to it are old school, team-first football from Belichick. Once he's gone, I can't see another individual being strong enough to withstand the pressures of individualism, personal freedom, and celebrity marketing that reshape professional team sports. Players are entertainers now more than athletes, and driven by those principles.

A clear case where statistics don't reflect how BAD he was. Passes used to tumble end over end. JOKER can back this up. I swear I saw a couple tumble sideways. I've thrown a lot of passes and I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: OK I just figured out how, assuming an NFL football acts like a small rubber little kids football.
WFT, I mean WTF tries to throw a baseball curve ball or sinker with a football???
How dare you criticise our former pro bowl QB!

LOL! I was throwing back the top 5 BS at you. Sorry dude. You are an anonymous internet tough guy. Couldn’t give a crap about you. Don‘t confuse my internet arguing style with me giving a crap about you. I thought it was a bit pathetic for you to dig up decade old thread to throw in my face, but hey, you be you!

But for the rest of your post, I will let you have the last word because quite frankly most of your post was tldr.
Rob, you were so wrong in that thread. I’d be embarrassed if I were you.

A clear case where statistics don't reflect how BAD he was. Passes used to tumble end over end. JOKER can back this up. I swear I saw a couple tumble sideways. I've thrown a lot of passes and I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: OK I just figured out how, assuming an NFL football acts like a small rubber little kids football.
WFT, I mean WTF tries to throw a baseball curve ball or sinker with a football???
Kapp threw 7 TD's in a game once...hard to believe THIS was the zero that played for the Pats at the end of his career. After he broke his wrist he never threw another spiral...tough ba$tard...

Kapp threw 7 TD's in a game once...hard to believe THIS was the zero that played for the Pats at the end of his career. After he broke his wrist he never threw another spiral...tough ba$tard...

He gave just as much effort at the end, as at the beginning. Great team mate.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back