PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread..... Chargers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read your "analysis". With my having read it, and seen how flawed it was, excuse me if I don't worry about your take on mine.
Right. My analysis is looking at exactly what happened on the field. Yours is choosing not to and making a stab at it.

Last year’s defense: played a very weak schedule

This year’s defense:

Texans 30.7 PPG (1st)
Chiefs 29.6 PPG (3rd)
Saints 27.3 PPG (6th)
Bucs 21.1 PPG (18th, 4th in yards)

Chargers 22nd PPG in part due to us
Panthers offense sucks

In hindsight, the defense is absolved IMO for letting Deshaun Watson go superman on them. The dude is on pace for 47 total TDs and just tore Seattle apart.

The defense imploded in 2/8 games (Chiefs, Panthers) as opposed to 1/8 games last year (Seattle).

In the end, it would be no surprise if the defense is 18-19 PPG with a much tougher offensive schedule than last year.

Last year’s defense: played a very weak schedule

This year’s defense:

Texans 30.7 PPG (1st)
Chiefs 29.6 PPG (3rd)
Saints 27.3 PPG (6th)
Bucs 21.1 PPG (18th, 4th in yards)

Chargers 22nd PPG in part due to us
Panthers offense sucks

In hindsight, the defense is absolved IMO for letting Deshaun Watson go superman on them. The dude is on pace for 47 total TDs and just tore Seattle apart.

The defense imploded in 2/8 games (Chiefs, Panthers) as opposed to 1/8 games last year (Seattle).

In the end, it would be no surprise if the defense is 18-19 PPG with a much tougher offensive schedule than last year.

the prob is that all the good offenses we faced, were in the first 4 games, rather than last 4....meaning the defense has not been tested for the last 4 games

Post-game thoughts:

Inexcusably awful throw by Brady to a wide-open Cooks right after the Dion Lewis KO return. He had only one man to beat for a TD.

Speaking of awful throws by Brady, can somebody please suggest to him to Stop Feckin Throwing Bombs into Double and Even Triple Coverage? Thanks.

Skippy McD's redzone play-calling is Shyte, and has been Shyte all…season…long.

And for the love of Ganja, stop running White straight up the middle behind Thuney & Andrews. That play is a waste of a down.

Bill should've just paid the Vinitraitor.

Does Cassius Marsh even understand what "Setting The Edge" means? I've never seen anybody be so bad at it so often.

And thank you Chargers for being the Chargers.

Clearly Captain Stoner is living up to his name again.

- White rarely runs up the middle behind Thuney and Andrews..
- Gostkowski has been better than Vinatieri.
- Marsh has set the edge a few times..

- You clearly haven't looked in the mirror when it comes to someone being so bad so often..

I'm leaning towards that, if I had to guess.

It looked like he took the helmet hit, right to the bicep.

Yup, it looked like to me that he took hit on his bicep/upper arm area way it was just hanging there and he was trying to flex it.

Hogan has bad luck..teeth knocked out now this

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye