PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread..... Chargers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
And only got 21 points out of it.

That was good enough for today, but it won't be when playing the iron. So they need to work the kinks out before then.

It'll be good enough against Denver too. And the way Oakland's looking lately, probably them too.

Who's the "iron"?

Far too many blown coverages for me to agree with that, which is not to imply, by any means, that I think the front 7 was getting it done early on, because it wasn't. Remember what Gilmore has been, though, which is a man cover guy who lines up on one player and is supposed to just stick with him. He's had to try converting from that since coming to N.E., and it seems pretty obvious that there's been some struggling with that.

That's well stated and a defensible argument. But the supposition by some was Gilmore was the reason for the poor play (he's the new guy, they aren't playing well, A=B). I'm betting it would be pretty easy for me to show in games 1-4 that throws well away from Gilmore were still being completed too noncompetitively.

Games 1-4 saw a rank and porous D. If that was largely based on Gilmore's presence at LCB or RCB then game 1-4's defensive scheming needed serious reexamination to begin with.
But I'm on drink #6 so far this evening. There's probably a number of non footaball things that need more pressing reexamination :):)

It'll be good enough against Denver too. And the way Oakland's looking lately, probably them too.

Who's the "iron"?
Raiders are a slew of penalties in their favor at 0:00 of the 4th from being 2-6. Shocking.

Raiders are a slew of penalties in their favor at 0:00 of the 4th from being 2-6. Shocking.

Eh. Not that shocking, really.

16458098_BG1.jpg

Post-game thoughts:

Inexcusably awful throw by Brady to a wide-open Cooks right after the Dion Lewis KO return. He had only one man to beat for a TD.

Speaking of awful throws by Brady, can somebody please suggest to him to Stop Feckin Throwing Bombs into Double and Even Triple Coverage? Thanks.

Skippy McD's redzone play-calling is Shyte, and has been Shyte all…season…long.

And for the love of Ganja, stop running White straight up the middle behind Thuney & Andrews. That play is a waste of a down.

Bill should've just paid the Vinitraitor.

Does Cassius Marsh even understand what "Setting The Edge" means? I've never seen anybody be so bad at it so often.

And thank you Chargers for being the Chargers.

Inexcusably awful throw by Brady to a wide-open Cooks right after the Dion Lewis KO return. He had only one man to beat for a TD.

Speaking of awful throws by Brady, can somebody please suggest to him to Stop Feckin Throwing Bombs into Double and Even Triple Coverage? Thanks.

Especially since Hogan was WIDE OPEN on the fleaflicker. You see a DB (#31, I think) bite on the fake and take a step and a half toward the line and Hogan's left-to-right crossing route was left completely wide open. But Brady instead forces it to multiply-covered Cooks and was damned lucky to not have it picked off.

ha ha... Patriots Planet.... the Ocean State Job Lot of forums....

:rolleyes:

A link would be nice.

A link to posts on a message board? I have difficulty with that stuff while on my phone, but it's not like they are hidden or anything.

How the mighty have fallen. Last year, prior to Carr's injury, a good argument could have been made that the Raiders and ATL were offensive superpowers and the cream of the NFL crop.

Especially since Hogan was WIDE OPEN on the fleaflicker. You see a DB (#31, I think) bite on the fake and take a step and a half toward the line and Hogan's left-to-right crossing route was left completely wide open. But Brady instead forces it to multiply-covered Cooks and was damned lucky to not have it picked off.

I've seen about enough of the fleaflicker for a while. We can stick that puppy in the back of the playbook again.

That was just a cluster from the start. I don't know if Burkhead had even run it before, because he tossed it back so early, that the secondary didn't have a chance to bite on it (Addai did, but he's the Chargers Polamalu, as we saw today - they adjusted to that well), and then Brady forced it into Cooks when Hogan was cutting wide open (like the AFCCG kind of open)...maybe that one's run its course for a while.

No link is needed. Two people from PatriotsUniverse stated the two people from PatriotsPlanet got their information directly from two people at PatriotsGalaxy. And two people at PatriotsOuterSpace confirmed PatriotsPlanet was PatriotsGalaxy's source.

In all seriousness, the longer Gilmore remains out the more the sad case of Mike Wright comes to mind. For Gilmore's sake I hope that isn't the case(I'm sure it isn't). But anyone saying Gilmore is out because he hasn't been playing well, that is just lame. It's not lame to think he isn't playing well -- that's a judgment call -- it's lame to think BB/MP would give up on a guy with an established 4+ years of starting at CB (a decent 4+ year record too) because he hasn't played well for 4 games.

If it isn't concussion related and it is not play quality related? Then what is behind PatriotsPlanet's door #3?

I'm not sure why some of you are having a hard time with this. There is nothing to belittle or scoff at, the members have inside sources that have been known for some time.

You can choose to not believe it, but that doesn't make the information any less reliable.

I'm not sure why some of you are having a hard time with this. There is nothing to belittle or scoff at, the members have inside sources that have been known for some time.

You can choose to not believe it, but that doesn't make the information any less reliable.

I know for a fact about one of those posters, and I know who their source is as well, and I have heard similarly, although to go further, I wouldn't be so quick to put all the blame on Gilmore in the situation either.

Naming sources is the media's job, not mine. If this poster wants to continue getting said information from their source, it would be beyond stupid to blow up their spot.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

Why don’t you link what you are talking about so we can decide to believe it or not.

Why don’t you link what you are talking about so we can decide to believe it or not.

It was a private conversation, not something discussed on the general boards.

And truth be told, I don't care whether you believe it or not. It will all come out in a book someday, I'm sure.

And truth be told, I don't care whether you believe it or not. It will all come out in a book someday, I'm sure.
Yeah I call bs.

The other poster just said it was on that board.
People claiming to have sources smells shaky to me.

I'm not sure why some of you are having a hard time with this.
Call me crazy but, as a rule, I do not believe things I read on the internet when it is an anonymous person quoting an anonymous source.

That rule has steered me quite well in my years of posting.

And yet here we are, on a general board, discussing it.

Wait you are saying this was a private conversation YOU had with a guy who claims he has a source?
What exactly did the source say?

I won't dispute your reasoning for asking but I will say that Oswlek has been a quality poster since I've been here. So for me that gives his post some credibility.

Isn't Malcolm Mitchell eligible to return for Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft