PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: LAC at BAL, Who will win? Who do you want to win?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which option sums up how you feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it’s a different team on the road. Honestly, we’re better off having the Chargers, a team fully familiar with KC, to go into Arrowhead. Can’t trust Lamar Jackson on the road in the playoffs right now. I can see Dee Ford and Justin Houston overwhelming Jackson from start to finish.

Less than a month ago, the Ravens went ahead of KC 24-17 - in Arrowhead - with 5 minutes remaining in regulation. KC answered with a TD of their own with less than a minute left. KC ended up winning on a FG in OT.

Jackson was 13 of 24 for 147 yards and 2 TDs, zero INTs. He was sacked only twice, and ran for 67 yards on 14 carries. The Ravens rushed for 194 yards and a TD on 40 carries.

Less than a month ago, the Ravens went ahead of KC 24-17 - in Arrowhead - with 5 minutes remaining in regulation. KC answered with a TD of their own with less than a minute left. KC ended up winning on a FG in OT.

Jackson was 13 of 24 for 147 yards and 2 TDs, zero INTs. He was sacked only twice, and ran for 67 yards on 14 carries. The Ravens rushed for 194 yards and a TD on 40 carries.

Do you really see a 21 year old QB, the youngest in NFL playoff history, go to the AFCCG his first year? Because I don’t. If the Ravens somehow beat the Chiefs, it would mean a trip for them to the AFC title game or the super Bowl.

Do you really see a 21 year old QB, the youngest in NFL playoff history, go to the AFCCG his first year? Because I don’t. If the Ravens somehow beat the Chiefs, it would mean a trip for them to the AFC title game or the super Bowl.

Why the hell not?

Look, all I know is how the Ravens have been playing since Jackson took over as starting QB for the 7 games after their BYE. They've gone 6-1, with the lone loss being ... at Arrowhead ... in overtime ... on a FG.

Honestly, that seems far more meaningful to me than anything about Jackson's age (it's never happened before - so what?), the thing about him not being a "real" QB, the fact that "well, it's the playoffs!"

The fact is that, whatever Jackson and the Ravens' offense and defense have been doing - the Ravens' team has been doing - these last seven games appear to be working quite well. And that fact is the one fact that seems to be getting consistently ignored or totally dismissed based on reasons that have nothing to do with actual play on the field.

I'm not saying that the Ravens will win. I'm just saying that dismissing the possibility for the reasons I've been reading just seems ridiculous.

I want the Chargers to win since I think they have the experience to deal with the Arrowhead environment successfully in the divisional round. They can score with KC and have a better D. Of course if Houston loses I will want the Ravens to win and come to NE.

I think this is exactly right. The crowd noise at Arrowhead will be at a different level at playoff time, especially at night after their fans spent the whole day drinking. Lamar Jackson is not used to playing in tough environments where he needs to go to the silent count.

I don't think Rivers will lose to Jackson.

While I think either team could beat KC, I think LA with Rivers at the helm, has a better chance to deliver home field to us--assuming we're still standing.

Rivers doesn't play against Jackson. He plays against the Ravens' defense. And he lost to them just two weeks ago - playing at home in LA. And Rivers followed that up with an almost equally dismal performance against the Broncos defense this past week.

I want SD to win but fear that they have to play perfectly - plus get lucky - in order for that to happen.

The last time I rooted for a Ratbirds PO win was when they were in Denver for the 2012 AFC Divisional. Never again. Besides, rooting for those dirty, filthy murderer-worshippers, whether Houston loses or not, makes no feckin sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
Why the hell not?

Look, all I know is how the Ravens have been playing since Jackson took over as starting QB for the 7 games after their BYE. They've gone 6-1, with the lone loss being ... at Arrowhead ... in overtime ... on a FG.

Honestly, that seems far more meaningful to me than anything about Jackson's age (it's never happened before - so what?), the thing about him not being a "real" QB, the fact that "well, it's the playoffs!"

The fact is that, whatever Jackson and the Ravens' offense and defense have been doing - the Ravens' team has been doing - these last seven games appear to be working quite well. And that fact is the one fact that seems to be getting consistently ignored or totally dismissed based on reasons that have nothing to do with actual play on the field.

I'm not saying that the Ravens will win. I'm just saying that dismissing the possibility for the reasons I've been reading just seems ridiculous.
Most here only watch & have watched New England so that's all they know.
Winning any other way is confusing & hard to fathom for most.
Thing is when Brady retires every SB will be won by someone else, winning the game a different way.

I've heard what some say about Jackson & that offense & it's false. Their not predictable at all & Jackson can absolutely hurt you w his arm.

I say Chargers will win and that's what I want because they have the best chance of winning with an actual QB and then going into KC and taking them out for us. Then if we take care of business (against the Texans, I am assuming) they'll have to either do another coast-to-coast flight here in less than a week, or stay here, hopefully upsetting their routine enough to give us a big advantage at home in the AFCCG. But, I am mindful that I should be careful of what I wish for...

who I want to win depends on what happens in the Houston-indy game. if indy wins, i want Baltimore to beat LAC. if houston wins, i want LAC to beat Baltimore.
Good answer! I wish I had thought of it.

Most here only watch & have watched New England so that's all they know.
Winning any other way is confusing & hard to fathom for most.
Thing is when Brady retires every SB will be won by someone else, winning the game a different way.

I've heard what some say about Jackson & that offense & it's false. Their not predictable at all & Jackson can absolutely hurt you w his arm.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. My comments had nothing to do with Jackson's ability as a player. My concern with him has to do with a rookie QB going to what will be the lion's den at Arrowhead. Playoff experience matters. Could he win there? Sure, but I'd put my money on KC in that game if I were a betting man.

Want the Ravens to win. Chargers are a different team when Gordon and Ekler plays. I expect them to handle business there, especially when they get Hunter Henry back.

Teams are 0-12 with rookie QBs against BB in the playoffs. I’ll play the percentages here.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. My comments had nothing to do with Jackson's ability as a player. My concern with him has to do with a rookie QB going to what will be the lion's den at Arrowhead. Playoff experience matters. Could he win there? Sure, but I'd put my money on KC in that game if I were a betting man.
All good. Honestly it really was towards some of the general comments here, not you.

Lamar Jackson is not used to playing in tough environments where he needs to go to the silent count.

This is another bit of "common wisdom" about rookie QBs that mystifies me. Do people really not understand that kids who played college ball in conferences like the ACC, SEC, Big-12, Pac-10, etc. have played about half their games in front of drunken, loud, hostile crowds every bit as large as (if not larger than) the 76,000 at Arrowhead?

Auburn = 87,000, Clemson = 81,000, Florida State = 79,000 ....

When the Ravens played the Chargers at the StubHub in LA (cap. 27,000), that may have been the smallest crowd Jackson had played in front of since high school.

I've never been to a game at Arrowhead, but if you want to experience LOUD, try Michigan Stadium (cap. 107,600) on a typical Saturday afternoon. Even with the rain and drizzle dampening the crowd noise for Brady's last home game for UofM (against Brees, btw), my ears still rang for about a day afterward.

...I've never been to a game at Arrowhead, but if you want to experience LOUD, try Michigan Stadium (cap. 107,600) on a typical Saturday afternoon. Even with the rain and drizzle dampening the crowd noise for Brady's last home game for UofM (against Brees, btw), my ears still rang for about a day afterward.
What an awesome game to have seen...those two go Way back then.

All good. Honestly it really was towards some of the general comments here, not you.

He’s clearly limited as a passer at this point in his career

He’s been Improving though

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye