PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: LAC at BAL, Who will win? Who do you want to win?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which option sums up how you feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know when the chargers are supposed to arrive in Baltimore

This is another bit of "common wisdom" about rookie QBs that mystifies me. Do people really not understand that kids who played college ball in conferences like the ACC, SEC, Big-12, Pac-10, etc. have played about half their games in front of drunken, loud, hostile crowds every bit as large as (if not larger than) the 76,000 at Arrowhead?

Auburn = 87,000, Clemson = 81,000, Florida State = 79,000 ....

When the Ravens played the Chargers at the StubHub in LA (cap. 27,000), that may have been the smallest crowd Jackson had played in front of since high school.

I've never been to a game at Arrowhead, but if you want to experience LOUD, try Michigan Stadium (cap. 107,600) on a typical Saturday afternoon. Even with the rain and drizzle dampening the crowd noise for Brady's last home game for UofM (against Brees, btw), my ears still rang for about a day afterward.

When was the last time a first year QB won the Super Bowl? It was 2001, essentially Brady’s rookie year. When was the last time a rookie QB took his team to a conference championship? If memory serves me correctly, it was in 2004 and that was a pretty stacked steelers team. The pressure in a divisional or conference championship is a lot more than the Tire Bowl or whatever.

d45af97d388ed856717b66c8d8f16b87.jpg

He is but like I said he can absolutely hurt you w his arm.

I think of all things the ravens should be concerned about, it’s his fumbles. Eventually that’s going to catch up with them if he doesn’t fix that

I think of all things the ravens should be concerned about, it’s his fumbles. Eventually that’s going to catch up with them if he doesn’t fix that

Every rookie makes rookie mistakes. Not everyone can be Brady :)

Every rookie makes rookie mistakes. Not everyone can be Brady :)

He has an absurd fumble streak going. I forget what it’s at, but that’s more than just rookie mistakes when it’s happening that much IMO

I will decide this after the Texans game to know if winner of this plays us or kc

I think I’d slightly rather play the chargers and I think the ravens may have a slightly better chance to win in kc. Get Mahomes off his game, exploit chiefs run D. I still give the chargers a chance, but I’m not sure the ravens would let it slip away this time.

I think the Ravens have the better chance of upsetting KC in the 2nd round, assuming Houston gets by Indy. And while beating the Ravens at home would be tough, I'd be confident in that matchup.

What an awesome game to have seen...those two go Way back then.

I spent a lot of Saturday afternoons in Michigan Stadium between the late 60s and 2000, and I actually remember most of them. Those occasions typically involved conspicuous consumption, so there are a few games I "attended" that had to me described to me later.

Don’t care if he played in front of a million people. Crowd noise is obsolete when it comes to a game plan that you just can’t figure out.

When was the last time a first year QB won the Super Bowl? It was 2001, essentially Brady’s rookie year. When was the last time a rookie QB took his team to a conference championship? If memory serves me correctly, it was in 2004 and that was a pretty stacked steelers team. The pressure in a divisional or conference championship is a lot more than the Tire Bowl or whatever.

When was the last time that a team won the SB with a mediocre QB, a solid ground game and a very good defense?

Stuff happens in football that defies conventional wisdom.

Chargers....because I'll have action on them....to at least cover .

He has an absurd fumble streak going. I forget what it’s at, but that’s more than just rookie mistakes when it’s happening that much IMO

Twelve. IIRC, only four of them lost, because nearly all of them happened at the RPO mesh point when there were no defenders in the backfield, and the couple I've seen were at least partly the fault of the RB.

Meanwhile, his INT% was a touch better than Brady's.

When was the last time that a team won the SB with a mediocre QB, a solid ground game and a very good defense?

Stuff happens in football that defies conventional wisdom.

Hey, if Lamar Jackson takes his team to the AFCCG it’ll be something special (as long as it doesn’t come at our expense ;)). No doubt they have a special QB there in Baltimore.

No doubt they have a special QB there in Baltimore.

I don't know yet about "special". He's certainly been "unique" compared to today's prototype. Credit Harbaby and the Ravens coaches for configuring an effective offense that optimizes his current strengths while minimizing exposure of his weaknesses.

Jackson has certainly been more successful for them than Flaccid was. They were 4-5 going into their week-10 BYE, and then went 6-1 after making Jackson the starter.

The unconventional (and very simple) "Jacksonian Offense" has certainly helped out the Ravens' defense by keeping them fresh - with a ground game that has allowed them to dominate ToP in several games. It's also limited opponent possessions/scoring opportunities.

I don't think there's anything conceptually difficult about defending against this offense. It's mostly about executing fundamentals extremely well - especially in run-defense - and getting quick stops to keep them from eating clock. "Bend, don't break" may not be the optimal strategy.

That is true. They also lost to Ravens at home if I am not mistaken.
And that's the only win they had against playoff teams. They lost to the Saints and Chiefs.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back