PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: LAC at BAL, Who will win? Who do you want to win?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which option sums up how you feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heh,,, I voted Chargers and am happy that got the majority. I don't want to see the Ravens. I said in the game day thread I'd rather go to Arrowhead on the road then face this accursed nemesis. I let my emotions get the the better of me and of course I'd rather be playing at home. But, the reason why I hate and fear the evil that is the Ravens in both football and namesake is that every other team that consistently makes our team look mediocre, there the only ones that do it in an inexplicable manor.
We all no there's a good chance of loosing in Miami because of the heat and humidity. We all know Mile High is terrible because of the air, so the Bronco's also have our number. For some reason Coughlin had BB's number, so so the Giants were always scary (as are the Jags).
The Ravens are the one team I can't figure out why we have such a hard time with. I understand they've had some great all time defenses, but even when they lose players we still struggle with them. One could point to players, but most of their greats have retired. One could point to the coaching, but they changed that up to.
All I can come up with as a fair and reasonable explanation is that the team, the coaching staff, and quite literally, the entire community of Baltimore has been possessed by demons.
I realize how crazy this sounds, but Joe (Hale Mary for the flag) Flacco was actually considered by many to be elite.
OK,,, Sarcasm off. I still don't wanna face these Aceholes. They have nothing to lose. I hate playing teams with nothing to lose.

The Chargers play more dime defense than any team in the NFL and that’s part of what killed them last time. You’re just not going to plug all of those gaps with six DBs. If they do that again, Edwards and Jackson will have a field day on those dives out of the pistol. I see the Chargers playing more nickel and base in this game to get more size on the field and bet on Jackson not being able to get to the second read in his progression in the passing game. If that happens, the Chargers should walk out of there with the win.

I would rather the Ravens win, though. Even though we can’t stop the run worth a god damn, they’re just way too one dimensional on offense at this point in Jackson’s career to be a serious threat. I’m not even sure why anyone in their right minds would want the Chargers to win. They also possess a very good ground game and also have the ability to beat you through the air on top of bringing a pretty good defense into the dance. The Patriots match up much better with Baltimore.

Last edited:
Surely you can't be serious.

I am. Both have good ground games, both have good defenses. The difference in quarterbacks is what pushes the Ravens over the Chargers when it comes to ideal match-ups for the Pats.

I'd love a repeat of 2014's playoff opponents so I'm rooting for Baltimore and Indianapolis. I want to face Baltimore ASAP and knock those mother****ers out of the playoffs and then have another 59-0 type easy win against Indy

So as of right now 78% of the voters WANT the Chargers to win, with 65% of the overall voters thinking they actually will win.

So who do we root for now? I would think Baltimore...

I'll be rooting for the Ravens for sure.

We've seen the Giants adopt that "road dog" mentality twice. Baltimore the year they won. Jets to a lesser degree in back to back years. Chargers are 7-1 on the road this year, vet hof QB. If they get off to a nice start they could get that foaming out the mouth road mentality. I want the rookie in foxboro.

Suffice to say, whoever comes to foxboro will be the medias sexy upset pick

Chargers will win, would rather have the Ravens

I don't like the whole "Rookie QB's don't beat BB in Foxboro" streak, which I think is up to 0-10 now. Streaks are meant to be broken, and the way our season has gone it would be losing to that cryass little ***** coach, chicklet teeth wife beater, and the whole "they aren't afraid to go into Foxboro because they won a playoff game there 6 and 9 years ago!" media horseshit.

Want the ravens. Kid can’t throw. If there’s one thing bill does, is takeaway what you do. Let Jackson beat us from the pocket

Ravens but I want the chargers to win. They aren’t used to playing in freezing cold weather and I have a feeling our game will be freezing.

The thought of our ancient and slow defense chasing after Jackson as he strolls into the end zone time after time after time is very depressing!

since the Texans melted down, we will have to win a playoff game against a good defense. Sounds good if gronk heals up but the chargers have the best defense with regards to covering TEs. We haven’t really seen the chargers in a while but not many would trust Rivers in a cold weather game. As for the ravens, it’s been Joe Flacco that has given us fits but he’s gone. Jackson isn’t as prolific as a passer but he will gash you on the ground. They also have an elite defense led by Suggs and CJ Mosely. On paper I’d say that the ravens would be the worst matchup because our defense has had issues stopping the run and the ravens offense has been the best against the run. I could see us losing against both of these teams. It’s going to take us playing the best game of the year against one of these opponents.

since the Texans melted down, we will have to win a playoff game against a good defense. Sounds good if gronk heals up but the chargers have the best defense with regards to covering TEs. We haven’t really seen the chargers in a while but not many would trust Rivers in a cold weather game. As for the ravens, it’s been Joe Flacco that has given us fits but he’s gone. Jackson isn’t as prolific as a passer but he will gash you on the ground. They also have an elite defense led by Suggs and CJ Mosely. On paper I’d say that the ravens would be the worst matchup because our defense has had issues stopping the run and the ravens offense has been the best against the run. I could see us losing against both of these teams. It’s going to take us playing the best game of the year against one of these opponents.

It’s also going to take both of those teams playing their best game of the season if they’re going to win next weekend.

Most here only watch & have watched New England so that's all they know.
Winning any other way is confusing & hard to fathom for most.
Thing is when Brady retires every SB will be won by someone else, winning the game a different way.

I've heard what some say about Jackson & that offense & it's false. Their not predictable at all & Jackson can absolutely hurt you w his arm.

Agreed. Jackson started the season as a clear back-up, and has done more running than passing during his few games starting as a Raven. However, it should be pointed out that this is a guy who passed for more than 9000 yards in three years in college with a 143 QB rating, it isn't like he hasn't demonstrated the ability to throw the ball, at least at the college level. Of course, being productive in college doesn't always translate to the pros, but at least give him a few games before writing him off as a passer. Wasn't Goff considered to be the worse passer in history his rookie year, and then turned it around with a coach who understood offense in year 2? If Jackson is getting it done primarily with his legs, as a rookie, good for him.

....Man, I am really looking forward to Ozzie Newsome retiring this year, he has just been too freaking competent over the years. ;)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back