PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady doesn't need All Pro wide receivers. He doesn't demand them either. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks he would now. They can retool this offense and do better next year. I think a change in OC can bring a fresh outlook and someone has to fix the Red Zone.

Don't discount the fact that Brady had some good offensive supporting players (minus this year) since 2007. In 2006 he had garbage and fans back then remember the talk about his body language because he was throwing to guys like gaffney, gabriel, old reliable, caldwell. total chit show and it's so difficult especially for a guy who's 42 to want to go back to that. I can't even blame him. If you got talent and you have a couple of years left you want to go out guns blazing. That's what Tommy's going to do and it's not here in NE.

In what bizzarro world do you think the patriots will not try to improve their team? In what bizzarro world can you name a team that does a better job of it?
You are acting like this is the browns.

I think last offseason improvements is what brady is looking to avoid.

Give him some wideouts and a tight end or hes out.

Brady doesnt have time to wait around.

If he had 10 years in the tank this would be a non discussion but you acting like it's a given hes coming back is actually insulting to him.

As for your chargers retort, if that chargers team had brady and we had rivers this year, that non sense about records would have you scouting a top 3 pick right now.

So you think Tom Brady would rather make more money and have better WRs and lose than stay with the team that he goes to half the SBs with?
Chargers SB window. Lololol

I’ll mark you dorm as thinking that chargers are better at building winning teams then the patriots as soon as I get off the floor laughing.
By the way if the 12-4 patriots “weren’t competitive” what were the 5-11 last place chargers? Sb window. Thanks for showing me your football intellect.

And Brady was a big reason why we won 6 super bowls. People act like only the Patriots can play good defense. Put Tommy on the Vikings, Titans or Saints and they are probably playing winning the super bowl this year.

And Brady was a big reason why we won 6 super bowls. People act like only the Patriots can play good defense. Put Tommy on the Vikings, Titans or Saints and they are probably playing winning the super bowl this year.
Put Brady on the patriots and we KNOW he wins 6 including 3 of the last 5.

They are really different offensive systems. Not easy or quick transition for brady as it sounds on paper. Bedard touches on this a bit

Sorry, Vegas, Tom Brady to Raiders is highly unlikely

If he had 10 years in the tank this would be a non discussion but you acting like it's a given hes coming back is actually insulting to him.

As for your chargers retort, if that chargers team had brady and we had rivers this year, that non sense about records would have you scouting a top 3 pick right now.
Of course he wants to come back. He would be an idiot to not want to come back.
He will end up taking less money to play here than anywhere else.
The only way he isn’t back is if Belichick loses his mind. If there is a job offer to Tom Brady with the patriots he is taking it.

I think if you look beyond the records, chargers coaching and owner ship isnt something amazing.We can hate BB all we want but he still better than most at most times. It's no automatic SB if he was with the chargers. Not to mention he has to play mahomes twice every season.

Keep piling it on. The best defense in the nfl that allowed 61 points in the first 8 games would be a top 3 pick. Every time you open your mouth you look dumber.
Which of those 8 games and the other 4 we won later did we only win because of Brady?
By your comment it appears you need to select 8 to be right. Can’t wait.

Any time there's posting involving team building, the homers get really ridiculous.

So your argument is that the patriots organization that you have watched operate for the last 20 years will look back in this year and say use every cap dollar and draft pick in defense because the offense is where we want it?
In the last 12 months they resign josh Gordon, signed Demaryius Thomas, tried to bring back Gronk, drafted a we with their first round pick , signed AB, traded a 2nd for a wr, signed half a dozen TEs.
Yeah they will just stand pat.

It’s like you are saying Brady needs to leave because the best organization in the history of the NFL us incompetent, disinterested and first care about winning. Soon dogs and cats will be sleeping together.
You’re kind of proving my point. The approach was to throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope it didn’t. This organization has changed a lot over the years. It’s not the same in the personnel department as it was. I always thought BB the coach covered up for a lot of BB, the GM’s mistakes, especially in the draft room. Look, there’s no guarantee of winning a SB here or anywhere. If Brady had 10 more years, he’d wait it out knowing it would eventually get better. He has 2-3 years and needs it to get better now, not in 5 years. He knows this offense and will know if the offense has a chance now. Bringing in retreads like Thomas and 5 JAG TEs, is a lousy plan for the offense and if that’s the plan again, I think he’s gone. Brady’s won 6 rings and knows what it takes. If he thinks he has a better chance somewhere else, then I’d trust his judgement in that regard over yours.

They are really different offensive systems. Not easy or quick transition for brady as it sounds on paper. Bedard touches on this a bit

Sorry, Vegas, Tom Brady to Raiders is highly unlikely

Cousins put up good stats with the Redskins. He also has put up good stats this year with the Vikings and led them to a playoff victory on Sunday. Why can't Brady be just as successful transitioning to another team as Cousins?

Any time there's posting involving team building, the homers get really ridiculous.
No people just realize they have witnessed the best run in the history of the league. Brady is part of building the team.

You’re kind of proving my point. The approach was to throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope it didn’t. This organization has changed a lot over the years. It’s not the same in the personnel department as it was. I always thought BB the coach covered up for a lot of BB, the GM’s mistakes, especially in the draft room. Look, there’s no guarantee of winning a SB here or anywhere. If Brady had 10 more years, he’d wait it out knowing it would eventually get better. He has 2-3 years and needs it to get better now, not in 5 years. He knows this offense and will know if the offense has a chance now. Bringing in retreads like Thomas and 5 JAG TEs, is a lousy plan for the offense and if that’s the plan again, I think he’s gone. Brady’s won 6 rings and knows what it takes. If he thinks he has a better chance somewhere else, then I’d trust his judgement in that regard over yours.
You think that teams can just wave a magic wand and have every transaction work out?
They went to camp loaded at WR. With backup options all over the place. When they didn’t work out they went out and acquired brown and sanu.
There was t much available at te. They can’t Invent players.

let's just end it this way.
After 18 years and 16 division championships, 30 post season wins, 9 SBs, 6 titles, 12 first round byes, and 249 wins by Brady I think the patriots understand how to build a winning football team and I don’t think an off season where they brought in a bunch of talent that didn’t happen to work out means they have lost it.
Feel free to tell me who does it better.

Last edited:
You think that teams css as n just wave a magic wand and have every transaction work out?
They went to camp loaded at WR. With backup options all over the place. When they didn’t work out they went out and acquired brown and sanu.
There was t much available at te. They can’t Invent players.

let's just end it this way.
After 18 years and 16 division championships, 30 post season wins, 9 SBs, 6 titles, 12 first round byes, and 249 wins by Brady I think the patriots understand how to build a winning football team and I don’t think an off season where they brought in a bunch of talent that didn’t happen to work out means they have lost it.
Feel free to tell me who does it better.

Put Tommy with the Steelers since 2001 and they probably win just as much super bowls.

No people just realize they have witnessed the best run in the history of the league. Brady is part of building the team.

There was no need for your post, yet you couldn't resist making it. My post had literally nothing to do with any "run", and any "run" is, at best, reflective of team building, and not definitive. Yet, you couldn't resist posting in response and, with that, you made my point about the homers getting ridiculous for me.

We've all seen bad talent Patriots teams that still had a lot of wins. And the reason for that, obviously, wasn't the talent brought in around Brady. The reason has been because Brady on offense, and BB on defense, have been able to cover for a lot of failures in personnel a/k/a team building. 2011 and 2013 are excellent examples of this, and the terrible trade of Mankins for Wright (2014) serves as a nice example of the team winning despite, rather than because of, some BB moves.

Put Tommy with the Steelers since 2001 and they probably win just as much super bowls.

I wouldn't go that far. BB is a much better coach than Tomlin, and I think we should give that some credit with regards to winning SBs.

There was no need for your post, yet you couldn't resist making it. My post had literally nothing to do with any "run", and any "run" is, at best, reflective of team building, and not definitive. Yet, you couldn't resist posting in response and, with that, you made my point about the homers getting ridiculous for me.

We've all seen bad talent Patriots teams that still had a lot of wins. And the reason for that, obviously, wasn't the talent brought in around Brady. The reason has been because Brady on offense, and BB on defense, have been able to cover for a lot of failures in personnel a/k/a team building. 2011 and 2013 are excellent examples of this, and the terrible trade of Mankins for Wright (2014) serves as a nice example of the team winning despite, rather than because of, some BB moves.
We disagree.

Keep piling it on. The best defense in the nfl that allowed 61 points in the first 8 games would be a top 3 pick. Every time you open your mouth you look dumber.
Which of those 8 games and the other 4 we won later did we only win because of Brady?
By your comment it appears you need to select 8 to be right. Can’t wait.

We lost a playoff game because we couldn't score 14 points.

Get off it son, offense isnt good enough and that's with 5he goat. It would of been unbearable without him.

Defense was great.

In the end, it meant literally nothing. Who gives a **** honestly

Get this man some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand