PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
People shouldn't panick on wether Brady has it still or not, they should be panicking that bill is gonna let him walk because he cant afford to keep him and provide him the weapons on offense he needs.

Cause that's basically what's going on here. Brady has done wonders with ****ty defenses in the past but we just found out the hard way he cant make chicken soup with chicken **** anymore.

I think that calling the surrounding offensive cast chicken **** is probably overrating that group. Outside of the QB, this was probably the worst group of offensive players this team had put together since the early to mid 90's.

We already know he cant win with these guys, wether he wants to play with them or not is irrelevant.

Even though we know he doesn't. Everyone but you.
I offered you the opportunity to show you were right and you couldn’t. But you evidently can read his mind
Please tell me the season where the patriots had issues in an area and came back the next year with all the same players.
Or on the other hand you can show me the team that Brady would rather play for that has done a better job of building a winning team than the patriots.
Alternatively you could show me any comment from the last 20 years that Brady has made that even hints at a lack of confidence in the Patriots ability to address needs and contend, and win SBs. Or show me the team that has find a better job in ANYONES opinion.
You can’t come close to any of those. But you KNOW :p:rolleyes:o_O

I offered you the opportunity to show you were right and you couldn’t. But you evidently can read his mind
Please tell me the season where the patriots had issues in an area and came back the next year with all the same players.
Or on the other hand you can show me the team that Brady would rather play for that has done a better job of building a winning team than the patriots.
Alternatively you could show me any comment from the last 20 years that Brady has made that even hints at a lack of confidence in the Patriots ability to address needs and contend, and win SBs. Or show me the team that has find a better job in ANYONES opinion.
You can’t come close to any of those. But you KNOW :p:rolleyes:o_O

You believe brady wants to play with them and loves the season he had where he went weeks without a td, showed zero signs of even being competitive and high fives sanu and meyers every time they sropped a ball that hit their hands.

I gave you every chance to walk back those opinions because that's what you're saying when you're telling me I'm wrong for taking the opposite side of that argument.

Hey man, not everyone is right all the time and today was just your turn. No problem

Some of you have to realize Bill has to put a team together and not just load up on top players for Brady's sake.
Part of putting a team together includes good WRs, TEs and lineman on the field. Not just for Brady’s sake, but for any QBs sake

You believe brady wants to play with them and loves the season he had where he went weeks without a td, showed zero signs of even being competitive and high fives sanu and meyers every time they sropped a ball that hit their hands.

I gave you every chance to walk back those opinions because that's what you're saying when you're telling me I'm wrong for taking the opposite side of that argument.

Hey man, not everyone is right all the time and today was just your turn. No problem
I believe that Brady is a team player who has a 20 year history of knowing this organization is the best in the nfl and will give him the bat chance to win. You have to be a complete idiot to think otherwise.

being content with the season that just finished and yelling your franchise to F off because they suck are miles and miles apart.
Interesting though that you think that a team that went 12-5 and lost only 1 game by more than a possession “wasn’t competitive”.
You embarrassed yourself enough. Give up.

Part of putting a team together includes good WRs, TEs and lineman on the field. Not just for Brady’s sake, but for any QBs sake
And for 20 years the patriots overall have a good record in that area.

I believe that Brady is a team player who has a 20 year history of knowing this organization is the best in the nfl and will give him the bat chance to win. You have to be a complete idiot to think otherwise.

Agreed.

Except when they ask him to play BELOW market value while NOT supplying him the tools to win on offense.

If they get him the weapons, he stays. If they dont, hes notneasting his final 3 seasons struggling to win when he can walk into a superbowl window RIGHT now with the chargers.

You can't put together a complete team every season - sometimes it just doesn't work out. Belichick tried to sign Jared Cook but Cook wanted to be a starter and Gronk hadn't made up his mind at the time. He also tried to get Adam Humphries but Humphries wanted to play for a younger QB (although reports are that Bill also was late in the Humphries sweepstakes). So it's not for a lack of trying. Who predicted the Andrews, Wynn, Develin injuries? Who knew Brown was going to threaten his accuser? It was an unlucky year on many levels- that's really all you can say at this point.

Belichick is always looking long term.

Brady for the first time in his career is looking short term.

Belichick is not going to change how he build champions to make Brady feel better. His responsibility is to the team and ensuring it is competitive for the long haul.
Signing Brady in the short term while waiting for Stidham (or whomever) to be ready is not incompatible with those goals.

And for 20 years the patriots overall have a good record in that area.
Yes, and the point is? It didn’t happen this year. Brady doesn’t want a nostalgia tour reminiscing about the past 20years. He has 2 or 3 years left and wants to spend them working in a good offense. If he sees that here, he stays. If he doesn’t he leaves. The offensive weapons on this team have dwindled over the past couple of years. Their record lately in the past two seasons bringing in talent is not great. Brady does not have time to wait for it to revert to the norm.

Yes, and the point is? It didn’t happen this year. Brady doesn’t want a nostalgia tour reminiscing about the past 20years. He has 2 or 3 years left and wants to spend them working in a good offense. If he sees that here, he stays. If he doesn’t he leaves. The offensive weapons on this team have dwindled over the past couple of years. Their record lately in the past two seasons bringing in talent is not great. Brady does not have time to wait for it to revert to the norm.
Ok so tell me what team
Brady can do to and be confident they would do a better job building a winner than the patriots.
The past 2 seasons? They WON THE SB LAST YEAR. They also gave him the best defense in the nfl this year.
But please tell me who will give him
a better chance to win.

You can't put together a complete team every season - sometimes it just doesn't work out. Belichick tried to sign Jared Cook but Cook wanted to be a starter and Gronk hadn't made up his mind at the time. He also tried to get Adam Humphries but Humphries wanted to play for a younger QB (although reports are that Bill also was late in the Humphries sweepstakes). So it's not for a lack of trying. Who predicted the Andrews, Wynn, Develin injuries? Who knew Brown was going to threaten his accuser? It was an unlucky year on many levels- that's really all you can say at this point.
Sorry I don’t buy the spin about Cook. Pats love a 2 tight end offense He knows he would have played a ton. Gronk was really only likely to be here at most. More likely the Pats did not pay enough. Wynn missed all of last year meaning it was terrible not having at least a quality back up at LT. Devlin fine. Can’t help that. But with quality TEs, it would have softened the blow. That’s where money comes in. More money would have landed both Cook and Humphries.

Agreed.

Except when they ask him to play BELOW market value while NOT supplying him the tools to win on offense.

If they get him the weapons, he stays. If they dont, hes notneasting his final 3 seasons struggling to win when he can walk into a superbowl window RIGHT now with the chargers.
So you think Tom Brady would rather make more money and have better WRs and lose than stay with the team that he goes to half the SBs with?
Chargers SB window. Lololol

I’ll mark you dorm as thinking that chargers are better at building winning teams then the patriots as soon as I get off the floor laughing.
By the way if the 12-4 patriots “weren’t competitive” what were the 5-11 last place chargers? Sb window. Thanks for showing me your football intellect.

So you think Tom Brady would rather make more money and have better WRs and lose than stay with the team that he goes to half the SBs with?
Chargers SB window. Lololol

I’ll mark you dorm as thinking that chargers are better at building winning teams then the patriots as soon as I get off the floor laughing.
By the way if the 12-4 patriots “weren’t competitive” what were the 5-11 last place chargers? Sb window. Thanks for showing me your football intellect.

No. I dont think brady cares about the money, he cares about his weapons.

Brady on the chargers is way better than brady on the Patriots as currently constituted

Without changes, brady is walking. I hope you can handle this because you seem in denial about the prospect of him leaving if bill expects him to continue to throw to the meyers and dorsett of the world.

No. I dont think brady cares about the money, he cares about his weapons.

Brady on the chargers is way better than brady on the Patriots as currently constituted

Without changes, brady is walking. I hope you can handle this because you seem in denial about the prospect of him leaving if bill expects him to continue to throw to the meyers and dorsett of the world.
You are out of your mind.

it’s football not wide receiving.

Ok do tell me what team
Brady can do to and be confident they would do a better job building a winner than the patriots.
The past 2 seasons? They WON THE SB LAST YEAR. They also gave him the best defense in the nfl this year.
But please tell me who will give him
a better chance to win.
Yes, they won last year with an offense noticeably not as good as the year before. As good as the D was this year, they could not overcome this years poor offense. He knows he cannot win, the team, cannot win a SB without more offensive talent. If he doesn’t see it or have confidence they will get him weapons, he leaves.

You are out of your mind.

it’s football not wide receiving.

Sigh.

Brady is gonna do what's best for brady.

If taken a pay cut is still in his best interest then that's what he will do.

But hes not taken a pay cut and NOT getting the help.

Yes, they won last year with an offense noticeably not as good as the year before. As good as the D was this year, they could not overcome this years poor offense. He knows he cannot win, the team, cannot win a SB without more offensive talent. If he doesn’t see it or have confidence they will get him weapons, he leaves.
So your argument is that the patriots organization that you have watched operate for the last 20 years will look back in this year and say use every cap dollar and draft pick in defense because the offense is where we want it?
In the last 12 months they resign josh Gordon, signed Demaryius Thomas, tried to bring back Gronk, drafted a we with their first round pick , signed AB, traded a 2nd for a wr, signed half a dozen TEs.
Yeah they will just stand pat.

It’s like you are saying Brady needs to leave because the best organization in the history of the NFL us incompetent, disinterested and first care about winning. Soon dogs and cats will be sleeping together.

Sigh.

Brady is gonna do what's best for brady.

If taken a pay cut is still in his best interest then that's what he will do.

But hes not taken a pay cut and NOT getting the help.
In what bizzarro world do you think the patriots will not try to improve their team? In what bizzarro world can you name a team that does a better job of it?
You are acting like this is the browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe