PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost a playoff game because we couldn't score 14 points.

Get off it son, offense isnt good enough and that's with 5he goat. It would of been unbearable without him.

Defense was great.

In the end, it meant literally nothing. Who gives a **** honestly

Get this man some help.
You said they would be a top 3 pick without Brady.
Are you admitting that was wrong or are you identifying the 8 games we only won because of Brady?

You said they would be a top 3 pick without Brady.
Are you admitting that was wrong or are you identifying the 8 games we only won because of Brady?

I'm not playing your game, I made that clear.

We werent good enough with brady, we wont be any better without him.

Prove me wrong.

Brady doesn't need All Pro wide receivers. He doesn't demand them either. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks he would now. They can retool this offense and do better next year. I think a change in OC can bring a fresh outlook and someone has to fix the Red Zone.

I would say that if they can renegotiate Sanu's salary downward, with a full training camp and preseason and good health Sanu might turn into a decent 2nd or 3rd receiver if Brady stays. Hate to see them just dump him after spending a 2nd round pick but it could happen

I am less sure about Julian, as unfortunately his body seems to be breaking down and he is constantly injured. He will be 34 next year. I do not think he is a lock. He is a warrior but his health is the issue.

Dorsett needs to go, huge disappointment this year.

Get Gunner back on punts and as a 5th WR.

Bring in Austin Hooper as major FA pick up and try again to trade for OJ Howard,.
Lacosse and IZZO are SO gone...I would drive them to the airport

That still leaves Pats without a true # 1. I do not think Harry will ever be a consistently reliable # 1, primarily due to poor route running and inability to get separation. If AB amazingly gets cleared, I would seriously consider signing him for team friendly dollars. There is no more talented #1 out there who Pats could afford next year. Keep him on a short chain but try to get 1 year out of him with Brady

That would leave Brady with AB, Sanu, Edelman, Nkeal, and Gunner at WR/PR

Hooper and OJ Howard at TE and at RB Michel, Damien Harris, Devlin and a draftee (I think Burkhead may be through)

For offensive line hoping for big things from Cajuste and Froehart. Andrews comes back. A more experienced Wynn and cannon and Mason. Pretty sure THuney is gone for big$ from another team.

This could work for 1 year and one year only. Would need a strong OC also if McDaniels leaves,

I'm not playing your game, I made that clear.

We werent good enough with brady, we wont be any better without him.

Prove me wrong.
That’s not what you said. You said we would be picking in the top 3 without Brady. That means we would have been 4-12.
The defense allowed 61 points in the first 8 games, and less than 14 3 other times.
I’d have to assume you think we would have won the shutouts without Brady.
So pick from these which ones do we lose without Brady.
Cincinnati?
Washington?
Jets?
Giants?
Steelers (33-3)?
Eagles?
Cowboys?
Bills first game (Brady 18/39/150/1 int)
You will have to choose 7 and then assume we would also have lost the other 5 games not mentioned.

So go ahead, prove we would have been a top 3 pick without Brady. Cuz the best defense in the league usually goes 4-12, right?

I would say that if they can renegotiate Sanu's salary downward, with a full training camp and preseason and good health Sanu might turn into a decent 2nd or 3rd receiver if Brady stays. Hate to see them just dump him after spending a 2nd round pick but it could happen

I am less sure about Julian, as unfortunately his body seems to be breaking down and he is constantly injured. He will be 34 next year. I do not think he is a lock. He is a warrior but his health is the issue.

Dorsett needs to go, huge disappointment this year.

Get Gunner back on punts and as a 5th WR.

Bring in Austin Hooper as major FA pick up and try again to trade for OJ Howard,.
Lacosse and IZZO are SO gone...I would drive them to the airport

That still leaves Pats without a true # 1. I do not think Harry will ever be a consistently reliable # 1, primarily due to poor route running and inability to get separation. If AB amazingly gets cleared, I would seriously consider signing him for team friendly dollars. There is no more talented #1 out there who Pats could afford next year. Keep him on a short chain but try to get 1 year out of him with Brady

That would leave Brady with AB, Sanu, Edelman, Nkeal, and Gunner at WR/PR

Hooper and OJ Howard at TE and at RB Michel, Damien Harris, Devlin and a draftee (I think Burkhead may be through)

For offensive line hoping for big things from Cajuste and Froehart. Andrews comes back. A more experienced Wynn and cannon and Mason. Pretty sure THuney is gone for big$ from another team.

This could work for 1 year and one year only. Would need a strong OC also if McDaniels leaves,
Why not cut sanu (no cost) and bring in a top tier WR with the 6.5 mill cap hit?

That’s not what you said. You said we would be picking in the top 3 without Brady. That means we would have been 4-12.
The defense allowed 61 points in the first 8 games, and less than 14 3 other times.
I’d have to assume you think we would have won the shutouts without Brady.
So pick from these which ones do we lose without Brady.
Cincinnati?
Washington?
Jets?
Giants?
Steelers (33-3)?
Eagles?
Cowboys?
Bills first game (Brady 18/39/150/1 int)
You will have to choose 7 and then assume we would also have lost the other 5 games not mentioned.

So go ahead, prove we would have been a top 3 pick without Brady. Cuz the best defense in the league usually goes 4-12, right?

I get it.

You think brady didnt help us this year and we win all those games without him.

That's fair, he had a **** year.

Why not cut sanu (no cost) and bring in a top tier WR with the 6.5 mill cap hit?

Jesus.

I cant argue with someone with logic like this.

Have a good night!!!

I get it.

You think brady didnt help us this year and we win all those games without him.

That's fair, he had a **** year.
No I think we don’t go 4-12 without him
Which anyone with a brain would acknowledge.

Jesus.

I cant argue with someone with logic like this.

Have a good night!!!
Sorry you don’t understand. Ill explain it to you at some point.

The decision was made by Bill when he wouldn't give Brady an acceptable 3 year contract.

If bill let's brady walk it's his own funeral.

There isnt a man on the planet at any given time in the history of this universe that could of worked with the offense he gave brady.

Replacing brady is one thing, replacing him and doing nothing else to improve the offense is suicide.

No I think we don’t go 4-12 without him
Which anyone with a brain would acknowledge.

On one hand youre not given brady any credit for the wins as you've asked me which games we win without him anyway

On the other hand toure saying he doesnt need help because he is gonna further illustrate his loyalty to the franchise by signing back here at rate discount.

You've given zero weight to the idea that he doesn't want to work with the guys he was supplied with and then you're saying bill will provide him with the talent he needs.

You're zig zagging and it shows

On one hand youre not given brady any credit for the wins as you've asked me which games we win without him anyway
I’m not attributing credit in any manner.
I am asking you to back up your comment that we would be 4-12 without Brady. That is assinine, you know it, so you are trying to twist it.

On the other hand toure saying he doesnt need help because he is gonna further illustrate his loyalty to the franchise by signing back here at rate discount.
When did I say he doesn’t need help?
Why wouldn’t he accept a discounted contract in order to have the best chance to win?

You've given zero weight to the idea that he doesn't want to work with the guys he was supplied with and then you're saying bill will provide him with the talent he needs.

You're zig zagging and it shows
I never ever said he would wish that there are no changes on the offense. The has never been a season where moves were not made the improve the team.

you in the other hand are saying this year had some struggles so this proves that the team has no interest in improving itself and petulant little Brady will cry, take his ball, go home, say the patriots suck and don’t know how to win and go that monolith in LA that has shown the league the right way to win and laughs at the patriots ignorance. Because wide receiver.

The decision was made by Bill when he wouldn't give Brady an acceptable 3 year contract.
No. The decision was forestalled.

I’m not attributing credit in any manner.
I am asking you to back up your comment that we would be 4-12 without Brady. That is assinine, you know it, so you are trying to twist it.

When did I say he doesn’t need help?
Why wouldn’t he accept a discounted contract in order to have the best chance to win?

I never ever said he would wish that there are no changes on the offense. The has never been a season where moves were not made the improve the team.

you in the other hand are saying this year had some struggles so this proves that the team has no interest in improving itself and petulant little Brady will cry, take his ball, go home, say the patriots suck and don’t know how to win and go that monolith in LA that has shown the league the right way to win and laughs at the patriots ignorance. Because wide receiver.

If brady leaves. It's because of greener pastures

Wether or not you agree with his assessment isnt really of his concern.

I dont know what brady is gonna do but I do know this offense is gonna be a rehauled one if he chooses the Pat's

If brady leaves. It's because of greener pastures

Wether or not you agree with his assessment isnt really of his concern.

I dont know what brady is gonna do but I do know this offense is gonna be a rehauled one if he chooses the Pat's
What is a greener pasture than the winningest franchise in history that he just won 3 of 5 SBs with?
The only reason brady leaves is if Belichick goes crazy. If the patriots offer him a reasonable deal he will sign it in a heartbeat. If they do not be probably retires.

As you wish.

The patriots CHOSE not to sign a long-term deal with Brady. Instead, they signed a show-me contract which makes Brady a free agent.

The situation this year, is much, much different. Personally, I think that BB is much, much smarter than to believe that the team can NOW make the decision to keep Brady and give him his long-term contract, with a significant bonus and/or 2nd year guarantees.

No, Belichick can make Brady an offer. If Brady can't find a better offer, he might consider coming back.

Do you really believe that Belichick would NOW offers Brady a long-term deal, when he wouldn't last year?

No. The decision was forestalled.

Last edited:
What is a greener pasture than the winningest franchise in history that he just won 3 of 5 SBs with?
The only reason brady leaves is if Belichick goes crazy. If the patriots offer him a reasonable deal he will sign it in a heartbeat. If they do not be probably retires.

And there it is.

You think it's about money.

Even though it never has been

As you wish.

The patriots CHOSE not to sign a long-term deal with Brady. Instead, they signed a show-me contract which makes Brady a free agent.

The situation this year, is much, much different. Personally, I thin think that BB is much, much smarter than to believe that the team can NOW make the decision to keep Brady and give him his long-term contract, with a significant bonus and/or 2nd year guarantees.

No, Belichick can make Brady an offer. If Brady can't find a better offer, he might consider coming back.

Do you really believe that Belichick would NOW offers Brady a long-term deal, when he wouldn't last year?
They will probably end up with the same type of contract, just like Drew Brees has had.

And there it is.

You think it's about money.

Even though it never has been
Where in the world did I say that?
If they offer him a reasonable contract he leaps on it. If they don’t offer him a contract he retires.

Where in the world did I say that?
If they offer him a reasonable contract he leaps on it. If they don’t offer him a contract he retires.

You're not good at this bait and switch game bro.

You just said if Brady got the contract he wanted then he stays, if he doesnt he retires.

Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore