PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peter King retires

Used to read him back in the day but kinda moved on from the melancholy style of reporting many years ago. Like many, his knowledge of both gates were limited but of course he had a misinformed opinion as usual that he was willing to spread.

His sports illustrated stuff was legendary, for a reason...

After he left, not so much...

Still, sad to see, as its just another signal in the decline of the american sports media industry

I stopped reading his columns almost a decade ago, when it became clear that his sources had dried up. I was willing to put up with the dumb Starbucks endings to his columns, because he seemed to have some legit NFL sources for a few years, when he was still being featured as an insider on TV. It may have been a coincidence, but his sources seem to start drying up after he had a falling out with Kraft and/or Belichick.

P King was washed up years ago. These days he joins podcasts to add obvious comments like he has real insightful but his sources stopped talking to him 10+ years ago. The old guys on the site will like him from years past.

P King was washed up years ago. These days he joins podcasts to add obvious comments like he has real insightful but his sources stopped talking to him 10+ years ago. The old guys on the site will like him from years past.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Best known for.....

1) Roger Goodell's 'useful idiot' during the Ray Rice scandal and Deflategate
2) Ned Beatty's stunt double in "Deliverance"

Best known for.....

1) Roger Goodell's 'useful idiot' during the Ray Rice scandal and Deflategate
2) Ned Beatty's stunt double in "Deliverance"
He "confirmed" Mortensen's 2 pounds under allegation during deflategate. He apologized but the damage was done and that bell can't be unrung... He was dead to me years ago...

Retired? He seemed like he retired long ago. His columns were also way too long and the only part worth reading was the info/news on the teams. He was the pre…

i-aint-reading-all-that-im-happy-for-you-tho-or-sorry-that-v0-36n75ab7lc7a1.png

He changed his tune quickly enough. I wasn't a regular reader, but I recall that he was very generous in his praise of BB (and TB and Kraft and everything Pats) throughout the dynasty years.

He changed his tune quickly enough. I wasn't a regular reader, but I recall that he was very generous in his praise of BB (and TB and Kraft and everything Pats) throughout the dynasty years.
That's because he has the backbone of an octopus. He always had very generous things to say about winners. But if they weren't winning, he moved on to whoever was.

That sounds like peter king. Whoever gives him access he will write good about. Once BB shunned him post spygate he went back to being -ve

Yeah, didn't always agree with his takes. Yeah, he had "favorites" and didn't go hard enough on Brett Favre during the Jen Sterger and the Mississippi budget scandals...

But he was the best national NFL writer since McDonough passed away....

Not sure who I will read on Monday mornings in 2024....

His sports illustrated stuff was legendary, for a reason...

After he left, not so much...

Still, sad to see, as its just another signal in the decline of the american sports media industry

Man SI was IT growing up…the absolute best of the best and I always looked forward to it hitting the mailbox.

Now it’s totally irrelevant.

I love the options now and subscribe to BSJ, The Athletic, and a Georgia Bulldog site but do miss the days of SI and actual printed magazines.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back