PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady cares about winning and trusts the front office, as well he should.
He has been surrounded for 20 years with consistently great teams. People thinking he is now a petulant child who thinks the team doesn’t understand how to put together a team that gives him the best chance to win are out of touch with reality.
You have idiots out there saying Tom wants to go to LA because they have more talent but no clue how to use or sustain it- or win

Dan patrick towards the end says he thinks he wll be back with the pats , but he heard form his sources after the sources that brady is resigned to playing elsewhere

You have idiots out there saying Tom wants to go to LA because they have more talent but no clue how to use or sustain it- or win

LA is not the only Team who could use him. That said Brady was not happy with this Offensive cast minus Edelman and White I'm just saying.

LA is not the only Team who could use him. That said Brady was not happy with this Offensive cast minus Edelman and White I'm just saying.
They could use him but it'll be a step back

I know some people don’t like OBJ but i would love to see him next year via trade. Along with Edelman and the two rookies. Sign a TE through free agency and resign DMac and Collins. Don’t know if they can do all that and keep brady.

But he was happy with what he had before. With cooks, white, amendola,hogan gronk. I dont think he complained that he had hogan instead of AJ Green. Brady needs guys who play hard and are on the same page as him .Thats all Just 2 yrs ago he threw for 505 yards
. So for one season he didnt have a good cast and he thinks the organization has lost it ?

I know some people don’t like OBJ but i would love to see him next year via trade. Along with Edelman and the two rookies. Sign a TE through free agency and resign DMac and Collins. Don’t know if they can do all that and keep brady.
Dont think they need a player like OBJ. A hardnosed player or two like amendola and TE can help enough i think. If andrews and develin come back and they get production out of the TE position , they need a couple of reliable pass catchers. Its a constant myth that the pats have no one going deep . They never had needed it as much. But they need RBs who can catch and TEs .

But he was happy with what he had before. With cooks, white, amendola,hogan gronk. I dont think he complained that he had hogan instead of AJ Green. Brady needs guys who play hard and are on the same page as him .Thats all Just 2 yrs ago he threw for 505 yards
. So for one season he didnt have a good cast and he thinks the organization has lost it ?

Brady needs wideouts that can get open and beat any type of coverage. Right now besides edelman they don’t have anyone close. Maybe the rookies can contribute more next year but they need a legit wideout.

Dont think they need a player like OBJ. A hardnosed player or two like amendola and TE can help enough i think. If andrews and develin come back and they get production out of the TE position , they need a couple of reliable pass catchers. Its a constant myth that the pats have no one going deep . They never had needed it as much. But they need RBs who can catch and TEs .

Amendola is not a number 1 or two wideout. That’s what they need next to edelman so he won’t be doubled.

Amendola is not a number 1 or two wideout. That’s what they need next to edelman so he won’t be doubled.
Or they get a TE. We never had a #1 wideout last 3-4 yrs next to edelman .Even in SB 51. There was no gronk there either. They were very poor executing this yr not all because of lack of a #1 wideout.

I don’t know, I think at this time in Brady’s career they actually do need some talent of that caliber. Didn’t need it before, but do now.

H6rGPyu_d.jpg

I’m literally shaking

This has probably been addressed already but I didn't see it on an initial search:

So if Brady walks, he still incurs a 13.5m cap hit of dead money. This is 6.75m from his signing bonus each from 2020 and 2021.

If he stays, then only 6.75m of that hits in 2020.

Thus for salary cap purposes, we could pay Brady, say, 30m in 2020 and have a cap hit of 36.75m. OR we could bring in a FA QB and pay him 23.25m and we'd still have a cap hit of 36.75m.

Essentially, if we let Brady walk then it's like we're paying a FA QB an extra 6.75 million dollars. So that should be accounted for when we're making him an offer. He might want more than he usually gets, but we might as well pay him that extra 6.75 instead of setting it on fire...right?

(Or roll with Stidham for cheap obviously, which I'm not sure I'm ready for yet...)

The whole no franchise tag thing means he doesnt want a 1 yr contract otherwise he wouldnt have wanted that. I dont know how pats give him a multi yr contract when they didnt give him one last yr coming off a superbowl. :(

The whole no franchise tag thing means he doesnt want a 1 yr contract otherwise he wouldnt have wanted that. I dont know how pats give him a multi yr contract when they didnt give him one last yr coming off a superbowl. :(

Yeah, I kind of end up here.

We're relying on Belichick and/or Brady to change their mind. Either Brady ends up comfortable taking another 1 year deal or Belichick is comfortable giving Brady 2-3 years.

I could see Brady warming up to another 1 year deal if he's confident offensive personnel will be an offseason priority.

Likewise, maybe ... just maybe, Belichick saw something this past season that made him more comfortable with the 2-3 year commitment he wasn't comfortable making the prior season.

Quite frankly, I think Belichick should've bitten the bullet the prior offseason and extended Brady through this season (2020) at least. Hard to imagine Brady completely dropping off the proverbial cliff in 1 season, and also hard to imagine any rookie being ready to lead the team after 1 season in the NFL, let alone lead the team better than Brady.

But, there's a reason Belichick is arguably the most successful football coach/GM in the history of the league, which I am not.

But, there's a reason Belichick is arguably the most successful football coach/GM in the history of the league, which I am not.
Yeah, and that reason is because he stumbled ass backwards into the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL in the 6th round of the 2000 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back