Pats need a reboot or no?

• Pats need a reboot

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Or No

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Nick Chubb and Kerryon Johnson are playing pretty well. Again I don't dislike Michel but we could have had a healthier RB instead of one with a potential degenerative knee.

It's not exactly related to the topic at hand but drafting has been questionable as of late. It doesn't help at all that the best players we drafted this year, Wynn and Bentley, went down super early. Both Belichick and Caserio need to hit home runs in the upcoming draft because the team needs talented youth players to continue to compete at a high level. Specifically, we need new talents across the DL, S and LB. CB is basically the only defensive spot which I think we are good.

I think we need Gronk off the books after this season, UNLESS he has a phenomenal final 6 games of this season and a great playoffs. Sign the best TE available in the offseason and draft one with one of our 2nd round picks. No later than round 3.

QB MUST be addressed IN THE 2019 DRAFT, as far as a future Brady replacement. Unless he shocks us the last 6 games and in the playoffs, He’s falling off that cliff fast. SB 52 was his last great game. And boy was he great in that one.
That Kansas City game was pretty impressive. 43 points is hardly something to sneeze at. Brady looks like a man who still has the physical skills but may not care as much anymore. Who can blame him with a family and five rings.

Any old IBM S/360 people out there remember Z EOD?

I just looked the S/360 up and it appears to predate my parents.

You never know until you draft him and develop him. You can’t have a guy take over if you never draft one.

You should go look at the 2019 prospects. Rough to say the least

That Kansas City game was pretty impressive. 43 points is hardly something to sneeze at. Brady looks like a man who still has the physical skills but may not care as much anymore. Who can blame him with a family and five rings.

He’s 41. The one thing I won’t ever question is how much he cares.

The roster is poorly built. Malcolm Brown is a bust. Danny Shelton stinks.. Clayborne stinks too. Our d-line is garbage. Linebackers are all big and bulky. On offense, we need better receivers. Hogan sucks, Dorsett has speed, not much else. We also get nothing from our tight end position. Need a reliable James White backup, Burk never plays, and Barner is a scrub.
Regarding the D-line, someone will post that “pressure” graphic in 3,2,1......

Reboot...team needs an overhaul on D and WRs

The thing is not a cliff situation. Mahomes couldn’t throw with one second of time before being hit. The line play was so bad that brady was getting gun shy

I just looked the S/360 up and it appears to predate my parents.

I'm a "Bleacher seats, mud parking lots" generation

2 of our losses came against former players/coaches. Chalk it up to them knowing our system. Still don't think we make it past the AFCCG anyhow

This uncharted territory we’ve been in with Brady makes it so hard to answer these questions.

Does Brady somehow stay sharp for another 5 years? Or does he fall off very soon here? (Something we’re already fearing)

This uncharted territory we’ve been in with Brady makes it so hard to answer these questions.

Does Brady somehow stay sharp for another 5 years? Or does he fall off very soon here? (Something we’re already fearing)
Another 5 years? I’ll be surprised if he’s extended more than a year. That would be through 2020. That’s a full two more seasons after this one. That’s a long time.

He’s 41. The one thing I won’t ever question is how much he cares.
He'll always care, but there isn't that anger this season. He just seems to accept whatever comes and doesn't seem as keyed in. After deflategate and vindication through winning it all, however, who can blame him for being relaxed.

Lol Brady is the problem, ok. 2.4 yards of separation and 0.5 seconds to throw. He is not a magician. They need to get open. Hollister and Gordon (3 times) dropped the ball. Of course he can do a better job, but he is not the problem. Playcalling is horrific sometimes.

RB: 40% Michel and White (B)
TE: Overpriced OL and undersized TE (D)
WR: 6 weeks Gordon, Edelman, 24-7 LOL Hogan, 1 play a year CP, No chances Dorsett (C)
FB: Devlin (A+)
OL: Sick Brown - Thuney - Andrews - Karas - Cannon / Waddle (C)

And the problem is Brady

Both Nick Chubb and Kerryon Johnson are playing pretty well. Again I don't dislike Michel but we could have had a healthier RB instead of one with a potential degenerative knee.

It's not exactly related to the topic at hand but drafting has been questionable as of late. It doesn't help at all that the best players we drafted this year, Wynn and Bentley, went down super early. Both Belichick and Caserio need to hit home runs in the upcoming draft because the team needs talented youth players to continue to compete at a high level. Specifically, we need new talents across the DL, S and LB. CB is basically the only defensive spot which I think we are good.

Drafting and blind loyalty.

6M dolars Slater and Ebner being pretty bad
13M dolars McCourty
10M dolars Gronk
11M dolars Hightower
7.4M dolars Allen

They really need to ask this group for a paycut

Yes, we need a 2019 reboot; we almost always do. The open question is, and will be, Brady. We need a succession plan.

We have one of the top 4 teams in the AFC. We will be win 10 games yet agains. Fans should find a new team if that's not enough.
=========
We have a needed bye. The PROBLEM, and there is one, is the health of the OL and the RB's. If the OL, Michel and Burkhead are healthy, we will be fine for the playoffs.

If we're not good enough to get the Super Bowl if we have to play a road game, then that's the way it is. I don't believe that. If we are healthy and one of the four (likely NE, PITT, KC and LAC), we have at least a 25% chance to be in the Super Bowl.

Can't reboot with a 41 year old QB. They had their chance with the Garrapolo trade but Bill passed
Bill was forced to pass. He wanted to keep Jimmy G but Bob Kraft and Tom Brady overruled him. That is why owners need to let their staff make football decisions and not get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News