Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Pats need a reboot or no?

>>Days ago you were saying the rest of this season is a cakewalk. Now this? You need a boot in the hind quarters. @Tunescribe

Bring it

Last edited:
Pats need a healthy OL and Gronk in order to reestablish the run game/balanced offense.

Defense is what it is. Next years draft is good defensively. Defensive reboot begins next April.

Pats need a healthy OL and Gronk in order to reestablish the run game/balanced offense.

Defense is what it is. Next years draft is good defensively. Defensive reboot begins next April.

The “defensive reboot begins in April” was the common wisdom around here last spring and didn’t happen

I don’t expect much from Gronk going forward. He seems to be at the end in terms of being a really good TE. Looks to be in the “good player who can have one or two big games” phase of his career. I hope he retires at the end of the year and his money can be reallocated. I love the guy’s contributions and he’s the GOAT IMO but he’s taking up way too much cap for what you get from him.

The “defensive reboot begins in April” was the common wisdom around here last spring and didn’t happen

I don’t expect much from Gronk going forward. He seems to be at the end in terms of being a really good TE. Looks to be in the “good player who can have one or two big games” phase of his career. I hope he retires at the end of the year and his money can be reallocated. I love the guy’s contributions and he’s the GOAT IMO but he’s taking up way too much cap for what you get from him.

Gronk is still better than any rookie TE asked to take his spot next year. The odds of a rookie being that complete TE (blocking/catching) are slim. I think Gronk still has quality play in front of him.

Honestly. It is just Brady getting older. He has become more inconsistent.

As people have said before, he is the Patriots system and what has kept it chugging along for over 15 years.

Particularly in the past few years I've noticed that he has fallen off when forced to play a long string of games in a row with no bye. He will be better after his arm has a week to rest. Then he will need another bye before the playoffs to rest his arm again.

Hopefully we see some Brady pics from Turks & Caicos

... he needs a rest and prune juice.

Gronk is still better than any rookie TE asked to take his spot next year. The odds of a rookie being that complete TE (blocking/catching) are slim. I think Gronk still has quality play in front of him.
He is just hurt right now that's all

Hopefully we see some Brady pics from Turks & Caicos

... he needs a rest and prune juice.
Brady needs to hit the squat rack so he has strength not to get tackled by his own feet. Deviating from TB12 rubberband training might make BFF Alex sad , but performing a follow-up deep penetrating glute treatment always elevates Alex's mood

A rookie costs peanuts, Gronk costs the whole peanut butter jar.

Is Gronk a UFA after the end of this season?

Idk about this. He's the goat TE so it's unfair to compare him to any rookie but but hasn't looked the same all year. He's absolutely closer to the end than the beginning.

There's been a few TE's that have come into the league the past few years that could have been great here.

I get what you're saying though. Ive really seen this coming w Gronk though.

We have to move forward in terms of the position next year. Not saying he won't be on the team but we have to upgrade from what we have nonetheless. We're just too thin, he goes down & we get nothing from that spot.

Luckily there's 4-5 pretty good-looking ones this year.

Fant is a monster. VG all around player, moves like a WR & underutilized big time.

Irv Smith looks like a poor man's OJ Howard (another guy who would kill it here & is underutilized)

Hockenson looks like a George Kittle clone.

K Smith & Strenberger are both intriguing from a flex standpoint.

Last edited:
We'll know this time in 2 weeks. If they go down to the NYJ without edelman, Gronkowski (or with them) and play like schitt AGAIN - yeah, I think its time to start thinking about changing things up. I say even if 87 and 11 are out because it just shows how unreliable some very key offensive players are on this team.

They are not good enough to win road games unless they're playing that stiff in Buffalo from 2 weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back