Pats need a reboot or no?

• Pats need a reboot

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Or No

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have an extra second and third round pick this coming draft plus Duke Dawson as a result of the trade.
Clearly we got something. Just not close to what we could have had. It sucks but it is what it is. Hopefully BB and TB are honest with each other about the plan going forward It's just bad QB draft but there are some developmental guys worth taking and developing. But Brady's contract is up after next year so who knows (remember Curran thinks there will be an amicable split after that).

Depending on how this season finishes up I could see BB talking Kraft into trading Brady this offseason. Hopefully not but I could see it happening.

Last edited:
Total reboot, especially defensively. One of the worst Pat’s defenses since the 1990’s. Titans had 10 offensive TDS ALL SEASON, in EIGHT games. One of the worst offenses in football scored almost 30% of their TDs all season, in one game against the Pats. I can’t imagine what Pitt will score against that Pat’s D, AT PITT. Gonna be a disaster.

Honestly, it’s also about bad drafting as well the last 5 or 6 years. That’s what will (or is taking) take down the dynasty. Not complaining, just stating fact. Look at the 2012 draft, that was huge for the Pats, led to 2 SBs. Drafted 49 players since the 2012 draft (2013-2018), and only 7 of those players could be considered average to good, only one of them an impact player, but not a great player.

Jamie Collins 2013 average to good, had really only one GREAT season. Incredible talent, $5 brain.

James White 2014 impact player.

Trey Flowers 2015 good player

Shaq Mason 2015 good player, hurt a lot. His blown block in SB 52 was shocking, and cost the game. Shocking because he was having a Pro Bowl type season.

Malcom Mitchell 2016, was really important for the 2016 Pats. Had a big 2nd half of SB 51. Could’ve been a really good receiver in the Pat’s system. Drafted despite 2 knee surgeries in college. Worth it because his ONE season was so important to the 2016 team’s success.

Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon both 2013, are decent players, nothing special really, but did well in our system.

No impact players on D since the 2012 draft. Tons of picks always traded away for future picks, when the help was needed NOW. Had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of 2018. Walked away with 3 players. Bad asset management. Needed an impact TE, passed up two EXCELLENT TE drafts in back to back years. The need for a future QB is obvious, and sadly Brady is starting to show his age, also was ignored in an incredibly deep QB draft.

How many years in a row do we have to hear the same comment after the draft, “Belichick obviously hated this draft” ? Meanwhile every year the players he passes up have successful careers elsewhere.

Only guy I think is decent is Grier, but a first seems too rich. I see us targeting WR/TE before qb.
I love Grier, hopefully he’s there in the 2nd round. MUST go DEFENSE in the 1st round. Need an IMPACT defender. Must also go defense heavy in free agency. 2nd round, QB & best PASS CATCHING TE available. Rest of the picks DEFENSE ! Though I could see BB going center in the 1st round, DB and PK in the 2nd round.

I love Grier, hopefully he’s there in the 2nd round. MUST go DEFENSE in the 1st round
If you love the QB you'd better take him in the first round. Our QB will be 42 next year with only one year left on his contract.

I love Grier, hopefully he’s there in the 2nd round. MUST go DEFENSE in the 1st round. Need an IMPACT defender. Must also go defense heavy in free agency. 2nd round, QB & best PASS CATCHING TE available. Rest of the picks DEFENSE ! Though I could see BB going center in the 1st round, DB and PK in the 2nd round.

Don’t be shocked if we go WR early. Our core is aging, the only one in his prime is Gordon.

Clearly we got something. Just not close to what we could have had. It sucks but it is what it is. Hopefully BB and TB are honest with each other about the plan going forward It's just bad QB draft but there are some developmental guys worth taking and developing. But Brady's contract is up after next year so who knows (remember Curran thinks there will be an amicable split after that).

Depending on how this season finishes up I could see BB talking Kraft into trading Brady this offseason. Hopefully not but I could see it happening.
I think we need Gronk off the books after this season, UNLESS he has a phenomenal final 6 games of this season and a great playoffs. Sign the best TE available in the offseason and draft one with one of our 2nd round picks. No later than round 3.

QB MUST be addressed IN THE 2019 DRAFT, as far as a future Brady replacement. Unless he shocks us the last 6 games and in the playoffs, He’s falling off that cliff fast. SB 52 was his last great game. And boy was he great in that one.

I think we need Gronk off the books after this season, UNLESS he has a phenomenal final 6 games of this season and a great playoffs. Sign the best TE available in the offseason and draft one with one of our 2nd round picks. No later than round 3.

QB MUST be addressed IN THE 2019 DRAFT, as far as a future Brady replacement. Unless he shocks us the last 6 games and in the playoffs, He’s falling off that cliff fast. SB 52 was his last great game. And boy was he great in that one.

What if the right guy to take over for Tom isn’t in the draft?

Then expect more horrendous years defensively.

With the way the game is going, it’s almost better to load up on offense.

If you love the QB you'd better take him in the first round. Our QB will be 42 next year with only one year left on his contract.
The way Grier has been playing, I agree with you, he might not slip to round 2. Very clutch QB. I like his top receiver too David Sills, big former QB with great hands.

What if the right guy to take over for Tom isn’t in the draft?
You never know until you draft him and develop him. You can’t have a guy take over if you never draft one.

The roster is poorly built. Malcolm Brown is a bust. Danny Shelton stinks.. Clayborne stinks too. Our d-line is garbage. Linebackers are all big and bulky. On offense, we need better receivers. Hogan sucks, Dorsett has speed, not much else. We also get nothing from our tight end position. Need a reliable James White backup, Burk never plays, and Barner is a scrub.

Bottomfeeders reboot. Contenders evaluate and plug and play.

Pats need some more speed on defense and in the receiver Corp

Should a drafted that Lamar Jackson kid. Trade Brady and Gronk. It's a shame.

Our drafts have sucked. So many busts.
So many injuries really. Feels like we go for highly talented guys who fall because of injury history and then get surprised that they got injured.

They have to actually hit with their draft picks in the next few years. They have been trading for and signing castoffs to make up for past poor drafts

WR will be an immediate need, as well as TE as the injury toll on gronk makes him unreliable past this year. If they don't re-sign flowers, de will be a need. Lb is a need. Safeties are getting old too

The R word will be a reality in a few years based on current roster and age

So many injuries really. Feels like we go for highly talented guys who fall because of injury history and then get surprised that they got injured.
Yup ..very frustrating.

I didn't say he is. But if Bill had put him on the open market he could have gotten a lot more picks to do a fast rebuild. One #2 was a joke, we knew it then and know it now.
Agreed to him being worth far more on the open market. The whole situation stunk of in-fighting costing the Patriots a great deal of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back