PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on Mike Gillislee so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just, wow. You truly do live in your own little fantasy world. That's cool. Have fun with that. I'm not getting sucked down that rabbit hole.

Clearly, it's YOU who's living in a fantasy world. And I think it's high time that you go live there without bothering me anymore.

Buh-bye.

I was super wrong about him. I thought he was going to put up very good numbers in this offense. Oh well.

I think he would have gotten more of a chance if it weren't for the fact that they 3 other guys playing well.....Blount would have gotten the same treatment......their problem is that they are relative non-options in the passing game

Gillislee was one of the recipients for Practice Player of the Week so that dismisses my theory of, "something is up".

Hes just 4th on the RB depth chart and way down the list on ST depth chart.

Gillislee was one of the recipients for Practice Player of the Week so that dismisses my theory of, "something is up".

First time on the list this season for Gillislee, Lewis, White, Lee & Reedy.

Second time for Bolden, Burkhead and Karras.

Third time for D. Jones

FIFTH time for Travis.

I've been tracking these in a spreadsheet from Pats' Pulpit postings. They can't seem to find data from the wk-5 win over Tampa, though.

I welcome Gillislie back for 2018, or for any future game this year (if there is an injury).
Welcome him back all you want, but if he is indeed back, it will almost certainly not be at his current salary. And if he is unwilling to renegotiate, then see ya Mikey.

Last edited:
Wonder what Kraft thinks of BB benching him? Hm. Anyways, hopefully he gets a chance to shine.

Gilleslie failed way too many times on short yardage situations... He sucked, never broke any big runs, very limited in passing game...just not a good signing

That's actually great to hear. It indicates, at least to me, Gill isn't taking his lack of playing time laying down. As a player if you find yourself beaten out by others and you are at the bottom of the depth chart, you can (A) Let it get the best of you and affect your effort or (B) Put everything you got into making the coaches at every turn wonder if the depth chart needs changing.

This designation suggests it's B (whether he is on the Patriots next year is immaterial for 2017). If an injury occurs or if a game is forecast for really bad (hard to pass) weather then Gill practicing as hard as he can and fighting to play is a + for the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back