PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why has it been so hard to find elite o-linemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to imagine waddle making this team if Wynn is 100 percent this year.

Hard to imagine Waddle making this team if Wynn is 100 percent this year.
I believe that Waddle would've been kept as our #8-9 OLman/OT#4 and game-day Inactive, just as Karras would've been our #9-8 OLman/G-C#5 and game-day Inactive.
Unfortunately, because of the injuries to Wynn & Schwenke both Waddle & Karras are now in positions for which neither are qualified.

Let's put this in context. The Jets starting center could not successfully snap the ball to the QB in shotgun last week without bouncing it and didn't replace him because apparently there was no one better.

Insta-cut draftee John Halapio was the Giants opening day starter. They paid a lot of money to Nate Solder to be mediocre.

Insta-cut draftee Conor McDermott was claimed off waivers by Buffalo and is still on their active roster.

Josh Kline makes $7 Million/year for the Titans, more than any OL on the Pats.

Cameron Fleming makes $2.5 Million for the Cowboys, more than any OL on the Pats except Mason and Cannon.

It's desperate times for OL everywhere around the league.

Let's put this in context. The Jets starting center could not successfully snap the ball to the QB in shotgun last week without bouncing it and didn't replace him because apparently there was no one better.

Insta-cut draftee John Halapio was the Giants opening day starter. They paid a lot of money to Nate Solder to be mediocre.

Insta-cut draftee Conor McDermott was claimed off waivers by Buffalo and is still on their active roster.

Cameron Fleming makes $2.5 Million for the Cowboys, more than any OL on the Pats except Mason and Cannon.

It's desperate times for OL everywhere around the league.

I'm not sure where you're going with your post, but it doesn't really seem to help the Patriots side of the argument, and I assume that's the "context" you were looking for.

I would take Kline over Karras (& Halapio), but obviously not at $7M/year.

I would Not take either McDermott or Fleming ahead of Waddle.

However, it's still a shame that Bill & Nick haven't been able to develop better backups than Waddle & Karras...or Thanksdad...or the Tobin Bridge...or Croston...

Because there aren’t any on the bills PS and the browns are fresh out?

The op couldn’t be more wrong. This has been a very good season for the the big guys up front. I’m pretty happy with their performance considering the injuries. Last game was just a combination of injuries, great playcalling by a coach familiar with this team.
Surprised people haven’t just chalked that one up as a stinker and just moved on.

This has been a very good season for the the big guys up front.

incredulous.gif

Seems like when there's too much time between games, we get threads like this. I'm not saying it's a bad question though.

The Pats O-line has struggled at times this year and it shows more when the skill players at the WR/TE can't get consistent separation.

Lack of a run game too.

Sony and Burkhead are going to need to bring something soon.

With mason back and cannon finally healthy, our running game should improve.

How great an O line do you need for the QB to complete 3 yard passes to RBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back