PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally. Wynn is only 6'3. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Not too familiar with Brown, but my “SF may have just fleeced us, again” skepticism is full blown.

This guy was a late round pick, has played in 10 games over the past two years, and showed up to OTAs way out of shape. What am I missing? Serious question.

Guy comes in out of shape in a contract year. I mean, that pretty much tells us he doesn't care.

Von miller says hes the best tackle hes ever faced.
Yeah, I heard this. Are they like, old friends or something? Is Von Miller banging his mom? Are we sure this is credible? Seems like a guy who was the “best ever” that Miller has ever faced would’ve played in more than 10 games over the past two seasons, and that the 49’ers may have wanted to hang onto him.

In BBWT, but I’m just curious as to what Brown is all about, that’s all.

Not too familiar with Brown, but my “SF may have just fleeced us, again” skepticism is full blown.

This guy was a late round pick, has played in 10 games over the past two years, and showed up to OTAs way out of shape. What am I missing? Serious question.
It's already been said, but you're missing Von Miller repeatedly calling him the best right tackle in football.

It's already been said, but you're missing Von Miller repeatedly calling him the best right tackle in football.
See above post. I’m aware of the comment, but I’m still a bit skeptical, that’s all. #95 seems a bit high to me. Belichick disagrees. I just wanted to know more about him.

still no LBs who can cover RBs and TEs

There are barely any LBs that cover TEs anymore with any frequency unless they're the "blocking only TE" variety or in zone coverages. Who man covered TEs for the Patriots more than any other player last year?

Chung...NOT a LB.

Some of the responses in this thread (hell, in all of them)! Felger and Mazz are like a cancer spreading throughout New England, I guess.

I mean, Jesus, they dropped 50 slots later in the draft in order to get a guy who was a top-5 right tackle in the NFL, is huge and strong, and will cost them next to nothing against the cap.

Maybe he works out and the line is vastly improved and protected from the inevitable injuries. Maybe he plays well and they sign him to a longer deal, or, as a coveted position player in tackle, he goes and gets a good contract elsewhere next year, which gives the Pats a comp pick.

This place is crazy. Brady got hit way too much last year, so the Pats are trying to address it - and no, they shouldn't "of" kept Solder at 17m a year.

As for Wynn, there are very good draftniks here who were screaming for him - and if you looked at boards, it didn't look like the Pats had any chance at getting him without a 5-10 place move up.

Yep

Did I say that? Nope!

What I implied was that it's possible - just possible - that the Pats professionals, who have been at this a lot f**king longer that you and I, and who have access to a sh*t-tonne more information than either of us ever will might - just might, possibly, maybe, perhaps - know a f**king thing or two that you and I don't about these prospects and have an entirely different perspective as a result.

But you chose to misrepresent what I actually said and then to mock me for something I didn't say - in public.

THAT wins you the big GFY and goodbye, ***hole!
So what you're saying is the Pats should have traded up to draft Rosen?

Not sure why the trade. 2018 is his final rookie year and he is coming back from injury...

Not sure why the trade. 2018 is his final rookie year and he is coming back from injury...

Mo' bodies at tackle at rookie price (dollar price, not draft value price). I don't know why give up a 3 for him, unless they see something in him. I see something in him, namely a whole lotta cheeseburgers. Okay, I kid because I love. If they can move, linemen are the sumo wrestlers of the NFL.

Question is, how's he look now or more accurately, in August or so. We'll see. The draft pick is gone, there's no appreciable cost to keep him around at this point. Gives him a "prove it" year away from a team he let down.

BOTTOM LINE
Scar has been given some players to work with. No one has much of an idea of how it will all shake out.

Guy comes in out of shape in a contract year. I mean, that pretty much tells us he doesn't care.
Or that he had surgery, like, the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes