PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it would be someone who isn't as good as Brown.

BTW- I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see one or more of our current OT's get cut prior to the start of TC.

Last edited:

I’m getting excited about Brown as this year’s potential trade steal. With a sprinkle of Dante & conditioning he could be this year’s Waters at LT.

Brown
Wynn
Andrews/Thuney
Mason
Cannon

has a chance to be our best OL in a long time.

I’m getting excited about Brown as this year’s potential trade steal. With a sprinkle of Dante & conditioning he could be this year’s Waters at LT.

Brown
Wynn
Andrews/Thuney
Mason
Cannon

has a chance to be our best OL in a long time.
People on this board that don't follow the 9ers aren't familiar with Brown. He was a sleeper coming out of college and his weight/conditioning was his only concern. After Anthony Davis quit on the 9ers, nobody missed him when Trent Brown took over at RT. When Solder walked in FA, I had no idea this opportunity would be available. In fact, I have a good feeling nobody will be complaining about the 3rd pick when they see him slide right in at LT. He is a beast in the run and pass game and isn't phased by any DE/LB.

You can't build a 6'8" huge tackle with athletic ability. That's the bottom line.

I found the Trent Brown trade the most curious thing the Pats did during this draft. I felt the Pats would be OK at OT with Waddle and Cannon as the starters
"be OK" ? That's a weird thing to say from someone who complained about fans who liked the Cooks trade as "fantasy football fans". Bill's beefing up the quality and depth of the line.

Did you really want our OT to be a journeyman like Waddle, Cannon who missed almost all of last year and Garcia who has never taken an NFL snap? Seriously?

"be OK" ? That's a weird thing to say from someone who complained about fans who liked the Cooks trade as "fantasy football fans". Bill's beefing up the quality and depth of the line.

Did you really want our OT to be a journeyman like Waddle, Cannon who missed almost all of last year and Garcia who has never taken an NFL snap? Seriously?
I find it odd that people on here didn't think the Pats had a need to improve the O-line especially with Solder leaving. There are some if's involved but if Cannon comes back okay, Wynn is any good and Brown picks up where he left off in SF, the O-line could be beastly.

I find it odd that people on here didn't think the Pats had a need to improve the O-line especially with Solder leaving. There are some if's involved but if Cannon comes back okay, Wynn is any good and Brown picks up where he left off in SF, the O-line could be beastly.
If the reports of Brown being able to play LT to a high standard ring true, an OL combination of Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Cannon will be the best line this team has had in years.

Best-case Opening Day OL would be:

LT - Garcia, but only if he can truly earn the job
LG - Thuney
C - Andrews
RG - Mason
RT - Cannon

Brown - best Swing Tackle in years
Wynn - understudy at both LT & LG
Karras - backup at both Guard spots and Center
Waddle - backup at both RT & RG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back