PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know anything about him. Is he any good?

This would be good.

So they have spent a 3rd last year and the 23rd this year on a "supposed" tackle, and now they are going to trade for one???

Someone please splain this to me??
Wynn is likely Mason’s replacement when he rides off into the sunset.

He’s a starting-quality right tackle who is only under contract for one more season. Did Cannon’s foot fall off or something?

So they have spent a 3rd last year and the 23rd this year on a "supposed" tackle, and now they are going to trade for one???

I’ll hazard an explanation. B.B. is crazy is why.. I mean we need defense bad and what’s he do? Drafts a position we already have five of lmao. I’m not criticizing really but you have to laugh at this stuff. Craziest thing is, it’s probably going to work out good

If/when the Patriots defense is terrible this year and people continue to tell me that it is points allowed.....and then the defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs. I will think back to the draft and be salty.

Just like the Jimmy G bungle, the nonsense continues.

would be a hit for people like me who were just bigging up Wynn's ability to play tackle...

There were rumours yesterday about a trade with Denver for their 2nd rounder. I would hate to give up a 2nd for him.

I'd be happier with a 4 or 5. If that's the case maybe we acquire one today so we can make the trade.

If there is no certainty at the position . BB would pile up.
No cost too big to have insurance at key positions.

One year left for OT starter is perfect for current Pats OL situation that just needs a bit of time to sort itself out - and then have every chance to become top line and joy to watch..

He traded 4 picks for 3 ST players just before the start of last season because he didn't want to go in the campaign with shaky 3rd unit...

Last edited:
Yeah, it sucks, the draft is over and we didn't draft a single LB.
We aren't stupid, we know there is more than 1 round but obviously the thinking is the earlier you go for a defensive player the better chance you have of them being an impact player on your team

It's called BS rumor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes