PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love this trade and pickup Orlando Brown too

Maybe a player swap...Trade Jordan Richards for Trent Brown?

Yoo where do I sign? Does Richards need a ride to the airport? Hell, I'd even be willing to drive him cross country to San Fran.

Just not for a 2nd, please. 3rd? Maybe... even then I’m not aur.

People really delusional think picking a defensive player at 23 and/or 31 was the absolutely only chance the defense could improve?

I bet you are one of those people that thinks getting Hightower back doesn't improve the defense. Or getting Shelton and McCourty 2 guys that won't have their heads up their asses like Branch & Butler did last year has no way of improving it.

Which I'm sure your response will be Hightower will be injured again and there is no guarantee Shelton & McCourty work out

Well there is no guarantee the defensive guys you wanted at 23 and 31 would come in and be the difference you think they would be

History says that Hightower will get hurt again. I like the pickups of Shelton and McCourty but am unsure if the CB situation will be better than last year (acknowledging that Butler was a mess). Shelton will be good, but he is a run stopper. I like that Valentine will be back.

However, that leaves the Patriots with try hard technicians rushing the passer. Patriots need people with superior athletic ability, which is what the first round is all about. More guys without that athletic edge will not improve the Patriots pass rush nor will they allow the Patriots to cover TEs and RBs out of the back field and actually stopping the run if the RB gets past the DL.

Belichick: Hi Tom it's Bill ... how are you.
Brady: Much better than I was in season.
Belichick: Better?
Brady: Coach I git hit the 4th most in my career this year.
Belichick: Sorry about that Tom.
Brady: Sorry is fine ... but here's your penance ... I want a revamped line or I retire.
Belichick: Get back to me by April 1st.

Because the defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs every year right?

Well it did last year and not much has been done to address the problem, the front seven is not athletic.

Well it did last year and not much has been done to address the problem, the front seven is not athletic.
************. This myopic thinking drives me nuts.

Hightower is back
Valentine is back
Clayborn was signed
Shelton was traded for
Rivers is back
Langi might help
Butler is Year 2
Wise is Year 2

Yes the need help at LB and another pass rusher but it's not like the cupboard is bare.

How about a linebacker, Bill?

Wished he used that same approach to LB like he does Offensive Tackle. Elandon piece of crap Roberts here we come. :rolleyes: BB given himself every reason to play Roberts just don't draft a replacement. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, if it's for Jordan Richards I'd be more than OK with it.
We may have to actually give a team a draft pick to have them take Richards. I’m hard pressed to find one thing he does well on defense.

Tackling? Nope.
Covering TEs? Nope.
Covering WRs? Nope.
Covering RBs? Lmao.

It's not the front 7 i am worried about although they looked pathetic against philly. I am worried also about our LBs

How do we have 5?
Cannon missed most of the year.
Waddle is a liability.
Garcia may never stay healthy and we still have no clue if he can handle the job
Everyone else is as likely to be working at ups as for the patriots.

We lost our starter at a critical position and have nothing but flotsam and jetsam to okay there. This pick may have filled the biggest need in the franchise.

I was talking about running backs. The ot stuff actually makes a lot of sense

People really delusional think picking a defensive player at 23 and/or 31 was the absolutely only chance the defense could improve?

I bet you are one of those people that thinks getting Hightower back doesn't improve the defense. Or getting Shelton and McCourty 2 guys that won't have their heads up their asses like Branch & Butler did last year has no way of improving it.

Which I'm sure your response will be Hightower will be injured again and there is no guarantee Shelton & McCourty work out

Well there is no guarantee the defensive guys you wanted at 23 and 31 would come in and be the difference you think they would be

You forgot Clayborn.

************. This myopic thinking drives me nuts.

Hightower is back
Valentine is back
Clayborn was signed
Shelton was traded for
Rivers is back
Langi might help
Butler is Year 2
Wise is Year 2

Yes the need help at LB and another pass rusher but it's not like the cupboard is bare.

Clayborn will be better against the run. Rivers tore his ACL, Langi is all questionarks, and both Butler and Wise showed promise, but are not superior athletes. And there is still no LBs who can cover RBs and TEs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes