PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when the Patriots defense is terrible this year and people continue to tell me that it is points allowed.....and then the defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs. I will think back to the draft and be salty.

Just like the Jimmy G bungle, the nonsense continues.

People really delusional think picking a defensive player at 23 and/or 31 was the absolutely only chance the defense could improve?

I bet you are one of those people that thinks getting Hightower back doesn't improve the defense. Or getting Shelton and McCourty 2 guys that won't have their heads up their asses like Branch & Butler did last year has no way of improving it.

Which I'm sure your response will be Hightower will be injured again and there is no guarantee Shelton & McCourty work out

Well there is no guarantee the defensive guys you wanted at 23 and 31 would come in and be the difference you think they would be

Surprised to see so many people would be mad about this move. I thought the 49ers were making a big mistake replacing Brown with McGlinchey. I don't care if the pick we trade is from Garoppolo, one trade has absolutely nothing to do with the other, and Jimmy wasn't re-signing with us.

We aren't stupid, we know there is more than 1 round but obviously the thinking is the earlier you go for a defensive player the better chance you have of them being an impact player on your team

Assuming that any prospect who the Pats would need to take "early" due to the demand from other teams would automatically be a better fit for the Pats schemes and more likely to become an "impact player" for the Pats isn't really "thinking", per se.

I’ll hazard an explanation. B.B. is crazy is why.. I mean we need defense bad and what’s he do? Drafts a position we already have five of lmao. I’m not criticizing really but you have to laugh at this stuff. Craziest thing is, it’s probably going to work out good
How do we have 5?
Cannon missed most of the year.
Waddle is a liability.
Garcia may never stay healthy and we still have no clue if he can handle the job
Everyone else is as likely to be working at ups as for the patriots.

We lost our starter at a critical position and have nothing but flotsam and jetsam to okay there. This pick may have filled the biggest need in the franchise.

If/when the Patriots defense is terrible this year and people continue to tell me that it is points allowed.....and then the defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs. I will think back to the draft and be salty.

Just like the Jimmy G bungle, the nonsense continues.
Because the defense gets embarrassed in the playoffs every year right?

So they have spent a 3rd last year and the 23rd this year on a "supposed" tackle, and now they are going to trade for one???

Someone please splain this to me??
Perhaps it actually happening should find before “splaining” why it did.

It won’t be for a 2 and I think it won’t be at all.

I agree but that’s what was being touted last night. 49ers have two 3rd round picks, maybe a swap of 2nd and 3rd rounders (hopefully 63 rather than 43).

Brown’s a RT isn’t he? I don’t understand that unless they have slotted Cannon at LT.

Maybe just upgrading their OL options across the board? Maybe Cannon's ankle thing is more serious and long term than we know?

Should have just find a way and resign solder

Maybe just upgrading their OL options across the board? Maybe Cannon's ankle thing is more serious and long term than we know?

Fact is, if we make this trade, it might be a while before the starting OL becomes clear this pre-season with adding Garcia, Wynn and Brown into the mix. I’m a little nervous about Garcia though.

As you know, dear @mains: you worry too much.

Can I be Cannon's ankle for you and tell you Im fine?

I agree but that’s what was being touted last night. 49ers have two 3rd round picks, maybe a swap of 2nd and 3rd rounders (hopefully 63 rather than 43).
But those kind of rumors are meaningless.
I could see maybe a 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back