PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots releasing Bodine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many veteran offensive linemen spend a couple days with Dante and flame out?

Why do so many veteran offensive linemen spend a couple days with Dante and flame out?

Relax. This guy got brought in just before cuts. If he's not back in 2 weeks, we can worry about this then.

Keep your eye on former Stamford first rounder Joshua Garnet former the Niners. He has been hurt and now healthy. Last day cut. Needs to gain confidence back. Broken thumb in 2018. Might be a better Center than Guard
11 starts in rookie season than two years of injuries.
He has the smarts to know the play book quickly. This guy is red meat for Scar.
DW Toys

Stamford smart? Shoot, that's pretty impressive. You know what they say, "Stamford, because not everybody can get in to Stanford.";)

Bummer we lost a draft pick on this failed investment.

Still not as bad as James O'Shaughnessy, who cost a draft pick and Malcolm Mitchell. :mad:

"Nobody can be improved by coaching."
Who said that?

I’m disagreeing that everyone can be as good as anyone you chose to pluck out of the air because of coaching.

Still not as bad as James O'Shaughnessy, who cost a draft pick and Malcolm Mitchell. :mad:
Even though he was being held together with duct tape and paper clips, I can’t help but wonder if O’Shags cost him his career. What a shame.

Who said that?

I’m disagreeing that everyone can be as good as anyone you chose to pluck out of the air because of coaching.

Rookie Green-Ellis wasn't as good as veteran Green-Ellis.

Some rookies have a very low floor and a very high ceiling. For instance: Troy Brown.

Short of clairvoyance you cannot unequivocally say that Brosette will never be as good or better than Green-Ellis. You can rightfully say he doesn't look as good as Green-Ellis did as a rookie and you can also certainly speculate that Brosette will never be as good and you might very well be right.

But you and a few other posters from this forum suffer from a very clear malady of the mind where you confuse your opinion based on a reasonable yet speculative assessment of a player's potential as an iron clad fact and posting about it as though you are the sole authority about the future.

In Bill I trust.

But you and a few other posters from this forum suffer from a very clear malady of the mind where you confuse your opinion based on a reasonable yet speculative assessment of a player's potential as an iron clad fact and posting about it as though you are the sole authority about the future.

And?

Andy didn’t say players can’t improve with coaching. He disagreed with the original post that anyone can be brought up to a serviceable/good nfl player with good coaching. That is simply wrong and a really dumb take. Some players are as good as they are ever going to be, and some players have flaws in their game that can be improved with coaching and hard work.

Rookie Green-Ellis wasn't as good as veteran Green-Ellis.

Some rookies have a very low floor and a very high ceiling. For instance: Troy Brown.

Short of clairvoyance you cannot unequivocally say that Brosette will never be as good or better than Green-Ellis. You can rightfully say he doesn't look as good as Green-Ellis did as a rookie and you can also certainly speculate that Brosette will never be as good and you might very well be right.

You’ve got it backwards.
I’m not saying a player can’t be coached to their full potential. I didn’t unequivocally say anything about Brossette. I said he can’t be coached up to be ever green Ellis was IF he isnt as good as green Ellis. And by as good I mean skills and potential not today (obviously).
I’m saying you can’t take a random player and randomly choose a different player and say stall it takes is coaching.

Example. If someone says Stidham can be coached up to be as good as Brady because look Brady was.
The fact is maybe no one can be coached up to be as good as Brady.
Stidham can be coached up to the maximum of his limitations. You can’t choose a random QBs and say Stidham can be coached up to that level because the other guy was.

Second example.
Tim Tebow can be coached up to be as good as Drew brees because drew brees was.

Even though he was being held together with duct tape and paper clips, I can’t help but wonder if O’Shags cost him his career. What a shame.
MMs knee was a ticking time bomb. He accelerated it.

So it seems this was a wasted 6th.

They are trying everything.

So it seems this was a wasted 6th.

They are trying everything.
Well not quite everything, call me when they start a zombie OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back