PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Haynesworth cut for performance reasons, lockerroom reasons, discipline reasons, or all of the above? Haynesworth is basically the Randy Moss of DTs. All-world talent, but doesn't take advantage of it except when he feels like it.

This is a pretty unfair statement to Randy Moss. By all accounts Belichick and Brady said Moss was a great teammate, worked hard, came in early and stayed late, extremely smart and talented, and let's not forget he had the best single season of any receiver ever, and a very productive few years as a Patriot.

Eventually Moss's demons, very thin skin, and overly emotional/immature personality resulted in his demise and he forced his way out of town. But the Randy Moss experiment was completely different from the Haynesworth disaster.

Arrogance and Ignorance??? WOW.. Why don't you explain both to everyone????

Well since your'da spokes person for everyone why not?! Since your obviously a defender of "our fearle$$ leader".....

ARROGANCE is he needs help. BB will NEVER admit it. Must I list'em? Just look at last couple of years when on 4th & 2 he goes for it instead of kicking it deep not to give P Manning ball possibly deep in Colts territory with 2 mins or so remaining. So tell me has that senario gotten better? Where did we improve on our pass rush. PR did us in on a trip & win to another SB.
Sorry if your a Belichick homer but he dropped'da ball ( ALL PUN INTENDED) He's responsible for Pats speeding downward.

IGNORANCE is see Arrogance!

Have the Patriots made 1 good personnel decision move in 2011? I'm struggling to see it.

I don't understand what Belichick is trying to do anymore.

Your preachin to'da choir!

Last edited:
It's called doing too much

Belichick's biggest mistake was not getting two brilliant DC and OC and add a GM on the team then wanting to do it practically all by himself

The best teams now have good fundamental sets of coaches....Matt Patricia and Boyer are as much complete garbage as the pukes from the street they are coaching,if we are going to put trash players in the secondary at least have a decent guy to coach them better.

Aside from Belichick and Scarnecchia,our coaching staff is an embarrassment to this league and it shows on the field now.

:rocker:
And that is'da difference.....
Past..... couple of more SB wins.
Present...... see 2011 season
Future..... Who'da FK KNOWS?!

Have the Patriots made 1 good personnel decision move in 2011? I'm struggling to see it.

I don't understand what Belichick is trying to do anymore.

Andre Carter has been our best pass rusher since Adalius' first year. He's been a good pickup.

Belichick had over $10M available when the season started. The signing of Ellis did NOT mean that money wasn't available for a legitimate starter. Belichick couldn't find any starters in free agency other than Carter and Waters.

I still think at this point in time, signing Shaun Ellis (another player I wasn't thrilled in the Pats' signing) was a worse move than trading for Albert Haynesworth in that Ellis got good money for minimal production that would have gone elsewhere. Haynesworth's salary probably would have paid for a back up who wouldn't see the field much. Ellis' money could have gone to another legitimate starter with more production. The only thing is Ellis still has the opportunity to show that he was worth the money he got while Haynesworth doesn't.

Last edited:
So was Haynesworth cut for performance reasons, lockerroom reasons, discipline reasons, or all of the above? Haynesworth is basically the Randy Moss of DTs. All-world talent, but doesn't take advantage of it except when he feels like it. I'm a little surprised by the timing of this move, but overall can't say I'm surprised Haynesworth is gone. We don't know what was going on in the locker room, but I have a feeling AH was considered a bad influence. And thats why he was cut. BB wasn't about to allow another AD situation to happen.

Only Moss played for 3 seasons before 2010. In one of those seasons he broke Jerry Rice's record. Its not like he just came for money and never tried, bad comparison imo, Haynesworth wasn't getting many snaps.

Too bad, he really is a beast when he wants. Really hoped he would step it up but so few snaps and getting pancaked a bit too much I respect the decision to cut him. Just feel bad for him, hes wasting talent.

Claimed by Tampa.

Wonder what makes Tampa think they can turn him around. BB got a rep of "fixing" players but this guy has been around the block a couple of times. Still hope for his sake that he atleast puts in the effort this time.

Wonder what makes Tampa think they can turn him around. BB got a rep of "fixing" players but this guy has been around the block a couple of times. Still hope for his sake that he atleast puts in the effort this time.

Tampa lost McCoy for the season due to a torn biceps. They're desperate.

Tampa lost McCoy for the season due to a torn biceps. They're desperate.

Oh ok. I thought they had some guys who could step in. But Bowers is playing DE right ?

Oh ok. I thought they had some guys who could step in. But Bowers is playing DE right ?

Yes, but he's not starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey