PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
This takes the cake for the stupidest response of all time. If its a coaches game the jimmie johnson, chuck knoll, and god rest his soul Bill walsh would still be coaching. What did they have in common with our Bill B.? The best QB!! Case closed! Give Pete the best QB and even he could win.

Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady were not the best QB's in the league when their teams won the championships.

The NFL is more like chess than any other team sport. Every play is a specifically designed action with specific personnel, it's all practiced or diagrammed.

The league where actual player talent matters the most is probably the NBA, where the team with the best 2 players almost always wins the championship regardless of who the coach is.

Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady were not the best QB's in the league when their teams won the championships.

The NFL is more like chess than any other team sport. Every play is a specifically designed action with specific personnel, it's all practiced or diagrammed.

The league where actual player talent matters the most is probably the NBA, where the team with the best 2 players almost always wins the championship regardless of who the coach is.

keep thinking that while you watch Rodgers face either Brady or Big Ben in the super bowl!

I compare players to horses and coaches to jockeys or vice versa...
... without a good Jockey a bad horse won't win and without a good horse a bad jockey won't win

That's not a bad analogy. The point is though that the horse just has to run "for the most part". There is allot more going on in a football game than a horse race, although I get where you are coming from. The point is a coach can submarine a good football team and easily, I'll even spare you the examples. When you have a good coach in this game, you keep him around.

How many GM's do we have in here ...........

no one is perfect.... many good organizations ...hit the so called skid......

the way I look at it ....its not how you start that counts....its where you are at the end that does... and there is alot of good football waiting to be played.... so have some faith.... or get off the wagon .....:yeeha::yeeha:

keep thinking that while you watch Rodgers face either Brady or Big Ben in the super bowl!

I like how you completely gave up on your horrible argument trying to bring up past championship teams. Let's hope no one else notices this either.

It's definitely a QB league now, but coaching is still more important in the NFL than it is in any other team sport.

Last edited:
Molden a good asset, we must be watching 2 different guys

Molden reminds me of Artrell Hawkins. He is not going to be the best boundry corner, but he strikes me as a nickle or dime corner who ends up being a safety in coverage.
I also don't think you get rid of Bodden and Dowling back to back if you don't feel confident in what you have. To that point Adams has looked good, even as a match style corner.

Molden reminds me of Artrell Hawkins. He is not going to be the best boundry corner, but he strikes me as a nickle or dime corner who ends up being a safety in coverage.
I also don't think you get rid of Bodden and Dowling back to back if you don't feel confident in what you have. To that point Adams has looked good, even as a match style corner.

Adams has looked like a steaming pile. Then again, so has Molden.

I like how you completely gave up on your horrible argument trying to bring up past championship teams. Let's hope no one else notices this either.

It's definitely a QB league now, but coaching is still more important in the NFL than it is in any other team sport.

WTF is your point? I'll Take the QB over the coach.... Hopefully with a decent personnel guy. Bill Parcells had a huge imprint on the personnel in the championship years. What has our Bill done in the last 8 years? One shi**y lose to an inferior Giant team.

If he could be Artrell at his position I'd be more than happy. But I don't ever remember Artrell being exploited at any point in '05 the way Molden has been. Safety was actually a revolving door until Artrell came in and solidified that spot IIRC.

This takes the cake for the stupidest response of all time. If its a coaches game then jimmie johnson, chuck knoll, and god rest his soul Bill walsh would still be coaching. What did they have in common with our Bill B.? The best QB!! Case closed! Give Pete the best QB and even he could win.

Hodgey, your not that bright are you. Why don't you google Tom Walsh and maybe shed some light on your own stupidity. Chuck Knoll would be a good position for your argument , not because of the QB. He was good not great. The system however he played in was great and to your point laden with talent.

BTW who were better?

Isn't Deltha O'Neal still on the market? Sign the beast

Last edited by a moderator:
If he could be Artrell at his position I'd be more than happy. But I don't ever remember Artrell being exploited at any point in '05 the way Molden has been. Safety was actually a revolving door until Artrell came in and solidified that spot IIRC.

I think his role is going to evolve as is Adams. The point is let's allow these guys some time to get up to speed. You might not want him on your team, but I'll take him on mine. I don't look at where a player comes from as an indicator of who he is. Systems differ and these guys develop at different times. See Clay Mathews he wasn't a great college player until his senior year when he developed.

Hodgey, your not that bright are you. Why don't you google Tom Walsh and maybe shed some light on your own stupidity. Chuck Knoll would be a good position for your argument , not because of the QB. He was good not great. The system however he played in was great and to your point laden with talent.

I saw these qb's in person and you could'nt be further from the truth! I'm guessing you are in your 20's or younger. BTW who is tom walsh???? My post refers to Bill Walsh. Do you know who that is DA?

When did this become relevant to Albert Haynesworth?

It was never about Haynesworth. Right now any post that contains the word:
patriots (or any patriot player past or present) or BB (or any patriot coach) or football or NFL or _______ <fill in any word that can be construed as football related> is is actually a post about:
Fire BB, The season is over, The patriots will not be good for another 40 years etc etc etc etc etc etc.
You people are embarrassing yourselves. Most of you are more emotional than a bride named Cybil on her wedding day. Jesus H Christ, we should have kept Haynesworth because he is critical? That is just embarrassingly inane. We have one bad stretch in the middle of a season when we are 5-3 and we should fire BB? Is there currently a dire shortage of ridlin or prozac at local pharmacies around Patriot Nation? I know this board has been sliding lately but when did this board become a mirror of GangGreen?
No doubt a fan's right to complain is sacred. And there is validity to personnel choices being highly questionable. But nevertheless the Patriots have umpteen division titles, in the thick of every SB chase, one ctach from a perfect seas0n 4 years ago, most successful franchise in the free agebt era. And we are 5-3 at the half way point, working through some problems, but FAR from dead for the 2011 season (and not anywhere near anything for 2012 and beyond).
What a bunch of spoiled, frighteningly over emotional posters we have. It not only is embarrassing here on this board but you are helping to make Patriot Nation look like Jet Nation. Thank you!

And btw, Haynesworth being gone is a plus and this gamble cost us peanuts relatively. For all the experts out there, a mediocre guy who gives 100% is better than the guy who gives a high level of play here and there (that includes on the field and off the field). The Patriots won with that formula for the better part of the 00's. One of my biggest displeasure with BB and the Patriots is he/they recently got away from that formula.

I think his role is going to evolve as is Adams. The point is let's allow these guys some time to get up to speed. You might not want him on your team, but I'll take him on mine. I don't look at where a player comes from as an indicator of who he is. Systems differ and these guys develop at different times. See Clay Mathews he wasn't a great college player until his senior year when he developed.

I've never seen a team laden with talent not win.. ravens...jets...eagles...cowboys of recent... should I go on. Put Brady on any of those teams and would the result be different?

I saw these qb's in person and you could'nt be further from the truth! I'm guessing you are in your 20's or younger. BTW who is tom walsh???? My post refers to Bill Walsh. Do you know who that is DA?

No, I'm old enough to not type and drink well......;)

Something seems wrong about this part.

Perhaps a 're after you and a ? at the end before the period and you will look better. :cool:

Last edited:

I'm actually a fan of Adams, I was encouraged by his play Sunday and in the bits he was in the Steeler game. Molden we'll have to agree to disagree he doesn't look like he belongs on any NFL roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News