PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have signed veteran DL Ricky Jean-Francois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on who the second DT is? The other guy that was added?

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
Shea McLellin suffered a setback in practice while trying to return from injured reserve. Was placed on IR due to concussion, per source.
I call Bullschitt...missing a ****ing an entire season or half season because of a concussion? Please... He better have had brain fluid leaking out of his skull... Strap on a pair...

Ricky Jean is not my lover, but he was indeed a decent rotational d-lineman for their extremely talented defenses during the Harbaugh years. I think he was a little slimmer then, but hopefully he can come in and provide some good snaps to keep Brown/Branch/Butler fresh.
Well, anyone who owns 30 Dunkin Donuts franchises has to put on some weight. At least he's a down lineman, not a defensive back or wide receiver. I wonder if he's going to promote a donut-centric diet in the Pats locker room as a challenge to Brady's Performance Meals.

Shea not coming back, looks like its VV and MM

No, Shea already counts as one whether he returns or not. It's either MM or Valentine, not both. Which sucks since Shea is not coming back.

coffee and donuts are against the TB 12 method. only kale and avocado ice cream allowed in the meeting room.
Well you can't call what DD serves, "coffee". It's brown water. No serious coffee drinker would touch that swill.

I call Bullschitt...missing a ****ing an entire season or half season because of a concussion? Please... He better have had brain fluid leaking out of his skull... Strap on a pair...

Why should any Patriot player want to even break a fingernail for a turncoat like you?

Pathetic for the pinkhat in my signature to be telling any Patriot to "strap on a pair".

Last edited:
Seems like a desperation signing.

Malcom Brown's foot?

Ricky Jean Francois was on the losing end of a 45 - 7 rout of the Colts defense when they started Deflategate - a playoff game where LeGarrette Blount rushed for over 140 yards and scored three rushing TDs. Going out on a limb, here, but I think that particular win had more to do with Ricky Jean not being able to tackle anybody than Tom Brady had under-inflated balls. Ricky Jean had 4 tackles in that game. I wonder if Belichick will show some footage of Francois getting road-graded by Bryan Stork in that one.

(Good wishes to Bryan Stork, by the way. It's still very sad to me that his football career ended at 24 due to symptoms from concussions that just would not subside. He is a champion and was a warrior in that Super Bowl season. I hope he has a productive and fulfilling future.)

Haet taek. Stupid, but hawt.

No, Shea already counts as one whether he returns or not. It's either MM or Valentine, not both. Which sucks since Shea is not coming back.
What? As far as I know, he hadn't been brought off IR yet.

Yeah, the period for him to be activated ended today.
They either had to activate him or rule him out for the year. They ruled him out for the year. They can still bring the other two guys back.

Yes he has, unfortunately. And now going right back on it. So the Pats only get one of mm or vv. Stupid rule but it is what it is.

Yeah, the period for him to be activated ended today.

They either had to activate him or rule him out for the year. They ruled him out for the year. They can still bring the other two guys back.
No they can't. Shea counts as one. They can only bring one guy back.

Ugh, let’s hope it’s not a long term issue. Enough with these injuries, already.
Looked like an ankle right? If so, can still take several weeks but relatively minor injury. But the front 7 is looking pretty mediocre overall against run and pass. Plus, there will be more injuries and there is no margin for error. When healthy, Flowers, Branch, Brown , Wise is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe