PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have signed veteran DL Ricky Jean-Francois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwayne Allen says hi
Expecting 100% perfection, or even 75% perfection is unrealistic. If BB feels he has made a mistake, his ego won't get in the way of moving forward without a player.

Remember it's not about the guys that miss, but the guys that take the field. Granted, taking flyers on guys at TC comes with significantly less downside than mid season.

The IR-DTR should be set to at least Three Players and if a player can't go after their rehab they should not count against the designation. A Rule change in the off season to implement.

@NE-VT , unfortunately he could fit right in on your Jete Suck Rick Roll post.

Wow this video is awesome. I actually like when players bust a move, I just also agree with BB that it is a bad idea from a winning perspective.

Was this sack of Lions legend Dan Orlovsky in a preseason game?

Was this sack of Lions legend Dan Orlovsky in a preseason game?

It must've been preseason. Normally the savvy, fleet footed Orlovsky would've run straight out the back of his own end zone instead of taking the sack.

FWIW ...

Francois turns 31 this Thanksgiving Day. He posted ~average testing numbers for his size at the 2009 Combine - similar to Brown and Valentine, although about 20 lbs lighter than them.

Played his first four seasons with SFO, primarily as a reserve/relief DT/NT in a 4-3 defense
... 51 games active/5 starts .. 49TT, 2 PD, 1 FF, 3 SK

Signed as a UFA with IND in March 2013; released Feb 2015 (2 seasons)
... 37% of defensive snaps in 2013 as DT/DE in Manusky's 3-4 ... 61% in 2014
... 26 ga/23 st .. 58TT, 8 PD, 1 FR, 5.5 SK ... 1050 D-snaps in 2 seasons

Signed as a SFA with WAS in Feb. 2015; released March 2017 (2 seasons)
... 36% of snaps in 2015; 40% in 2016
mostly as a high-use rotational DE in Joe Barry's 3-4
... 32 ga/8 st .. 57 TT, 2 PD, 3.5 SK ... 800 D-snaps in 2 seasons

Signed as a SFA with GBY in March. Made the roster out of Camp, but cut Sep. 12. Re-signed Sep 21 and stayed with the club till Nov. 1st. Was active for 6 games as a reserve DT in Capers' 3-4 with GBY, but played only 60 D-snaps.

Seems to have potential to be a decent reserve/spot-relief guy for the Pats; experience playing in 4-3 and three versions of the 3-4, so shouldn't have huge difficulty picking up Patricia's DL concepts. Possibly just a temp until Valentine makes it back.

Yup, lol SPECIAL TEAMS STAR. We have like 9 every season lol

So what exactly is your beef? That for a late round pick they got a season of good special teams play, on a team that won a Super Bowl? That's...bad? I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

So what exactly is your beef? That for a late round pick they got a season of good special teams play, on a team that won a Super Bowl? That's...bad? I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

He doesn't have a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly just a temp until Valentine makes it back.
Any chance it’s temporary until Brown gets back? He has the capacity to miss at least the next 2 weeks, assuming they don’t take him on the trip with them. I suppose a good portion of that is up to the play of RJF.

I still think it’s 50/50 as to whether or not Valentine returns, and I think the injury situations of Hogan/Brown and the play of Dorsett/RJF may help to make that decision.

Any chance it’s temporary until Brown gets back? He has the capacity to miss at least the next 2 weeks, assuming they don’t take him on the trip with them. I suppose a good portion of that is up to the play of RJF.

I still think it’s 50/50 as to whether or not Valentine returns, and I think the injury situations of Hogan/Brown and the play of Dorsett/RJF may help to make that decision.

Not sure why RJF would be around only till Brown returns. It's not as if he's taking up anyone else's roster spot. Neither MM or VV are in the DTR pipeline yet. If/when one is designated, I think it's a couple weeks yet till they can be activated (though that's still a bit unclear).

I agree though, that if RJF turns out to be essentially equal to VV, it increases the odds for the one remaining DTR to be used on MM.

And, even if Dorsett steps up in Hogan's absence, there's nobody behind Dorsett - unless you count secret superstar WR Matt Slater. I mean, his 17% catch rate kinda sucks, but his career 46 yards/catch average is .... okay, maybe it isn't.

The point being that MM may now be much more useful for the stretch run than VV.

I call Bullschitt...missing a ****ing an entire season or half season because of a concussion? Please... He better have had brain fluid leaking out of his skull... Strap on a pair...

Spoken like the true keyboard tough guy that you are.

Awwww. Did I hurt your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back