PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia: Return of the Rocket Scientist

In 2016 they had the #1 D in the NFL and held the #1 offense to 21 points.

I hate his defense but it works. Stylistically is like watching bananas turn brown.

BB needs some brain-matter help. Aside from Josh and Crazy Ivan, lotta N00bs on the coaching staff
You have to recognize though that the scheme of defense we run is chosen to be complimentary with the skill sets of the players but also with the offense and special teams.
A general rule of thumb is a game players conservatively more heavily favors the better team and playing aggressively creates big plays that either turns the game into a blowout or a more likely upset. So the conservative nature that really has permeated the team for over a decade stems from bring better than most opponents. We saw it start to change a few years ago as the offense tried to adapt to an aging qb. I have no doubt that change would have happened if Patricia stayed.
Personally I think Patricia is actually going to be more of a caserio replacement than anything else and caserio had a unique and varied role which certainly included being a large part of thr coaching staff.

2014 was actually underwhelming given the talent of that team had on defense (McCourty, Hightower, Revis, Browner, etc.) despite being strong.
8 th in scoring defense, super bowl champs. Disappointing. Gawd.

8 th in scoring defense, super bowl champs. Disappointing. Gawd.

bUt HaVe YoU cHeCkEd ThE tImE oF pOsSeSsIoN ?

Not sure what makes people like that look like bigger bozos. The mentality that winning is not enough, or the fact that they think the overall defensive philosophy was not put in place by BB. Patricia was DC for over 6 years.. if he was deemed not aggressive enough he would have been replaced.

bUt HaVe YoU cHeCkEd ThE tImE oF pOsSeSsIoN ?

Not sure what makes people like that look like bigger bozos. The mentality that winning is not enough, or the fact that they think the overall defensive philosophy was not put in place by BB. Patricia was DC for over 6 years.. if he was deemed not aggressive enough he would have been replaced.
There are a lot of people who think aggressive equals good and conservative equals bad because aggressive coaches have balls and conservative coaches are ****ies. Their hero got fired twice, likes feet, and bloviates in espn as if he was a successful coach. They don’t realize his stupid stubborn aggressiveness cost him 2 jobs and a crapload of games.

I hope Patricia saw the benefits of being a bit more aggressive and doesn't play the stats too heavily this time around. I do like the approach of limiting big plays, trying to force a high amount of offense snaps, aka more opportunities to capitalize off miscues and generate turnovers.

He just needs to simplify it a bit and let the dogs loose when possible.

He managed to take middle talent and turn it into a defense that, while playing a lot of snaps, managed to hold his opponents to low scores. Except the SB performance.

But I won't mind having his brain back. I still love his decision to draw attention to a hold by running the same play he noticed was making the Falcons OLine hold Chris Long, and getting the ref's attention. That's the Belichick influence, and few have bad as many years with Bill to get that situational awareness.

And just like that, that turd Patricia runs back to his daddy Billy after making Detroit worse. He should've held out for a DC job than the demotion he's getting. He also needs to break away from being a BB wannabe and be his own guy like Flores.

Oh and him signing Trey Flowers to $90M:
tenor.gif

ROFLMAO.. Clearly you didn't pay attention. LBs were terrible because they didn't have any depth there. Bentley and Jennings aren't 3 down LBers. They are very limited in what they can do athletically. It had nothing to do with the coaching.

Yeah.. Steven is so uninspiring even though he improved the Safeties/Corners previously. The fact that you think he's got the position because of nepotism shows how little you know. SMH..
Ok Uncle Belichick. You guys are full of excuses this year.

Ok Uncle Belichick. You guys are full of excuses this year.

Still have not learned the difference between context and excuses I guess.

Let me use your impeccable logic. Brady fumbled the ball against the Eagles and therefore lost the SB. The defense giving up 41 ? Just excuses.

And just like that, that turd Patricia runs back to his daddy Billy after making Detroit worse. He should've held out for a DC job than the demotion he's getting. He also needs to break away from being a BB wannabe and be his own guy like Flores.

Oh and him signing Trey Flowers to $90M:
tenor.gif
Is there anything about the patriots that you don’t hate?

I'll have to get back to you on that. Lol.
I won’t hold my breath because I think you have a post in record that would refute any answer.

Do you legitimately think we had a good group of linebackers in 2020 compared to 2019?
No but we had the group of LBs that the team (i.e. BB) chose. Obviously, HT opting out wasn't ideal but Van Noy, Collins, and Roberts walking away in FAcy didn't help at all. Once I saw that, I projected a 8-8 record this year, so no, I wasn't surprised.

I'm not a BB hater. I believe he's the GOAT Coach but we have to admit that some of the decisions he's made in the last few years have not panned out for the team. He makes mistakes and treating him like he's infallible is just nonsense.

I also think that having his kids in there had an influence in decisions of some of these players and coaches bailing out. I don't think it's a coincidence that several key defensive players went to play for former Pats coaches instead of staying with the Pats. Yes, I recognize that money had an influence in their decision. This is just my opinion based on having worked in family owned companies where nepotism was prevalent.

If BBs kids are such good coaches then maybe they can get hired by another team and get promoted. What do you think are the odds of that happening?

Honestly I just hope we have a great off-season but w/o a QB I don't see any good FAs wanting to come here. It is what it is.

I don't think getting 37 wins will be that difficult for Bill as long as coaches 5 more years. He is long in the tooth but he loves what he does, same as Brady, so I think he gets there. It may ugly but he will get that record and honestly, I can't wait.
The sooner the better, obviously...But I have a feeling he's going to need All 5 of those years to pass Shula...

Last edited:
The man coached for 3 SB champs. If you are going to hold 2017 against him, you have to credit him for ‘14, ‘16 and ‘18. In fact, you could argue the circumstances of ‘17 were not wholly in his control.

Edit: OK, he wasn’t there in 2018

Last edited:
Patricia is a smart guy who morphed from rockets to the NFL.. I suspect he might be being groomed for an Ernie Adams type position as Adams getting long in the tooth...

Do not see him back on the sidelines..

That's an interesting thought.

There are a lot of people who think aggressive equals good and conservative equals bad because aggressive coaches have balls and conservative coaches are ****ies. Their hero got fired twice, likes feet, and bloviates in espn as if he was a successful coach. They don’t realize his stupid stubborn aggressiveness cost him 2 jobs and a crapload of games.
You saying I'm Rex Ryan fan?

You saying I'm Rex Ryan fan?
I’m saying the grrrrrr aggressive is manly, conservative is for ****ies crowd are both Rex Ryan fans and not very smart.
I don’t know you from Adam do you’ll have to figure out for yourself if that includes you

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back