PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia: Return of the Rocket Scientist

I’m saying the grrrrrr aggressive is manly, conservative is for ****ies crowd are both Rex Ryan fans and not very smart.
I don’t know you from Adam do you’ll have to figure out for yourself if that includes you

I never said anything about aggressive being better

If BBs kids are such good coaches then maybe they can get hired by another team and get promoted. What do you think are the odds of that happening?
Billy's kids need to leave the nest and make a name for themselves rather then hiding behind Daddy. Nobody is ever going to take them seriously (except maybe the Krafts if they start winning again). Kyle Shanahan is an example of using his Dad's name to get his start, but he made a name for himself on his own.

As far as the LB's are concerned, yeah they suck. However, I'm glad they played this year so we have a good idea of what they've got rather than hoarding them like JoJaun Williams. Uche and Jennings are better as situational rushers and I want to see them rush more next year. It's when they get in space is what gets them in trouble. Bill needs to find a Jerod Mayo type LB at the very least that can be all over the field.

Wow can’t believe it’s been 3 years since he left.

Bill is a great coach. I feel like I have to preface my comment with the obvious given that some people seem to think he's prefect and should never be criticized. But this is one of his flaws. He tends to hire and promote guys he is comfortable with rather than just trying to find the best guy for the job. Is there a better guy out there? I don't know. I don't follow the coaching situation that closely. But I am fmiliar with his work here. This is a pretty underwhelming signing.

At least you will always have a pencil handy.
What if you have a pop quiz? Or you need a measurement for a construction project..

Last edited:
"Scoring more points than your opponent" is simplistic, c'mon.
It may be "simplistic" but it destroys your claims. As does the actual RESULTS during his tenure as the DC. You might want to familiarize yourself with them instead just posting ridiculous statements like you have been.

I hope Patricia saw the benefits of being a bit more aggressive and doesn't play the stats too heavily this time around. I do like the approach of limiting big plays, trying to force a high amount of offense snaps, aka more opportunities to capitalize off miscues and generate turnovers.

He just needs to simplify it a bit and let the dogs loose when possible.

He managed to take middle talent and turn it into a defense that, while playing a lot of snaps, managed to hold his opponents to low scores. Except the SB performance.

But I won't mind having his brain back. I still love his decision to draw attention to a hold by running the same play he noticed was making the Falcons OLine hold Chris Long, and getting the ref's attention. That's the Belichick influence, and few have bad as many years with Bill to get that situational awareness.
Patricia is coming in as an ASSITANT TO THE COACHES. He's not going to be the DC.

Whatever became of the Butler benching as the reason why the Pats lost?

I suppose its time to move on to a new reason and blame Patricia. Even though the NE offense only converted 50% of its 3rd and 4th down conversions. Remember when Cooks tries leaping over a guy and failed to pick up a 1st down on a crucial drive? Failure on plays like that add up to losing.

I always blamed Patricia, some shocking play calls even after we stumbled our way into a chance of winning with crap offense.

I don't get mad about losing that SB because we then went on to make up for it a year later but it still said enough about him.

I wonder how much time he had to prepare for the game knowing that he wouldn't have Malcolm Butler in it...He already knew he wouldn't have Jonathan Jones in it...

I like the hires...This coaching (& scouting/personnel) staff is so short-handed now, we can use all the help we can get...experience a plus...

While he's at it, Bill should re-hire All of Quinn, Pioli & Dimitroff...maybe he'll at least listen to them, especially if they were to present themselves as a united front...

Yeah I mean it's not the worst re-signing ever just my last memory of him here is that awful SB performance. Happy to have more people challenging and pushing Bill back to his best but Patricia hasn't exactly set the world alight. I'd prefer Flores coming back but he's doing well at Miami.

Yes it does.. FFS.. you're entire first line shows your post to be erroneous.

....The hell is your problem lol? I think you're projecting something here, so I'll let you yell at a wall.

Yeah I mean it's not the worst re-signing ever just my last memory of him here is that awful SB performance. Happy to have more people challenging and pushing Bill back to his best but Patricia hasn't exactly set the world alight. I'd prefer Flores coming back but he's doing well at Miami.

I am sure Patricia told Bademosi et al specifically to miss those tackles.

Flores or Patricia matters less than the players they have available and the general vision BB asks them to implement.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back