PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia: Return of the Rocket Scientist

I actually like this move. This defense could use some help. My only concern with Patricia the whole time he was here, was SB52, just a horrible SB defensive performance. Otherwise I liked him a lot. Don’t know the other guy coming with him from Detroit, I’m hoping he might be a draft guru.

As long as he's not the defensive coordinator, I'm ok with this. Even though his head coaching stint ended in epic failure, I'm sure that he learned a few lessons from his humbling experiences that will add to his Patriots knowledge and skillsets.

Good news. More continuity after we have lost a ****ton of supporting staff in the last 3-4 years.

So far it has been a fine offseason in terms of staff adjustments.

I think this is interesting....and I am happy to have him back.

Yeah, I know...Superbowl 52....but Scars also hated himself for our OL's performance in SB 42...and then went on to put together great offensive lines after that. Sometimes...it's just a badly coached/played game....

I am interested in the dynamics though.... you have Steve Belichick/Jerod Mayo as the defacto DC's...but Patricia has more experience... Even Mayo interviewed for a HC. Does this mean BB is gonna be working with McD more on the offensive side of the ball?

Whoa. Interesting move

Evan Rothstein enters his ninth season with the Detroit Lions after joining the club in 2012. The 2020 season marks Rothstein's third season as the team's head coach assistant/research & analysis after spending three seasons (2015-17) in an offensive assistant/research & analysis role. He worked two seasons as the team's special teams quality control coach before becoming the team's special projects coach in 2014. In his current role, Rothstein works with the coaching staff in all facets of preparation for the team's weekly opponents.​

Can't forgive that SB defensive performance and he only showed he's nothing special at the Lions. Not overly chuffed about him returning.
I wonder how much time he had to prepare for the game knowing that he wouldn't have Malcolm Butler in it...He already knew he wouldn't have Jonathan Jones in it...

I like the hires...This coaching (& scouting/personnel) staff is so short-handed now, we can use all the help we can get...experience a plus...

While he's at it, Bill should re-hire All of Quinn, Pioli & Dimitroff...maybe he'll at least listen to them, especially if they were to present themselves as a united front...

Last edited:
I wonder how much time he had to prepare for the game knowing that he wouldn't have Malcolm Butler in it...He already knew he wouldn't have Jonathan Jones in it...

I like the hires...This coaching (& scouting/personnel) staff is so short-handed now, we can use all the help we can get...experience a plus...

While he's at it, Bill should re-hire All of Quinn, Pioli & Dimitroff...maybe he'll at least listen to them...
Your keyboard to BB and Gods ears

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back