PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Why? Indy is as good as Tennessee and poses some big problems for whoever they play. And they have almost no shot at the division, as they’ve lost twice to Tennessee. That’s not why you were rooting for the Colts over the Bucs.
I don't think Indy is as good as Tennessee or they wouldn't have lost twice to them.

I don't think Indy is as good as Tennessee or they wouldn't have lost twice to them.
With the injuries they are but otherwise I agree. It's been a strange season with injuries with so many teams being hit super hard (TEN,TB,NO,CLE) and some teams that have none at all. I mean what was TEN missing last week? Everyone on offense? It's crazy.

And, when there is drama, it's mostly the trolls like TommyBrady12, and now you, who bring it here.
There are others too but they're not usually here after a Bucs win.

My personal opinion is that any Pats fan who isn't a fan of both Tom and Bill needs to have his head examined.

Tennessee's offense ran through Derrick Henry. Without him, Tennessee is an average team. Tannehill is probably the worst QB among the playoff teams.

With the injuries they are but otherwise I agree. It's been a strange season with injuries with so many teams being hit super hard (TEN,TB,NO,CLE) and some teams that have none at all. I mean what was TEN missing last week? Everyone on offense? It's crazy.
And it seemed like Tenn had more injuries during the game.

Tennessee's offense ran through Derrick Henry. Without him, Tennessee is an average team. Tannehill is probably the worst QB among the playoff teams.
Henry's a big loss, that's for sure. We'll have to see if they can hang on until he gets back, if he does.

I'm a bigger fan of Tannehill's than most here. He's had some success against the Pats over the years.

Henry's a big loss, that's for sure. We'll have to see if they can hang on until he gets back, if he does.

I'm a bigger fan of Tannehill's than most here. He's had some success against the Pats over the years.
I like Vrabel and the Titans would have been a good fit for Brady. But they chose to extend Tannehill instead, so I don't really want them to prove that they made the right decision.

RankPlayerYdsYearsTm
71Mike Evans8,9612014-2021tam
72Ricky Proehl8,8781990-20066TM
73Mark Duper8,8691982-1992mia
74Rob Gronkowski8,8622010-20212TM
75Terry Glenn8,8231996-20073TM
76Terance Mathis8,8091990-20023TM
77Mark Carrier8,7631987-19983TM
78Joe Horn8,7441996-20073TM
79John Stallworth+8,7231974-1987pit
80Johnnie Morton8,7191994-20053TM
81Travis Kelce8,7022013-2021kan

Gronk had 8739 yards just ahead of Kelce and with his 123 yards, he moved up from 79 to 74 all time receiving yards.

He has a ways to go to reach Shannon Sharp for 4th all time by TE.
Just too bad that he has missed so many games or he'd be way up there.

Last edited:
1638291260141.png

From footballoutsiders playoff odds. 99% chance to win the division and we're not even 3/4 of the way through the season. LOL. Bucs gonna whoop the Falcons and then hopefully do the same to the Bills to help our team.

And look who are the top two teams most likely to make the Super Bowl as of right now.
1638291333916.png

Like you? Look at your signature...

BTW, there's a difference between being a fan of Brady and a fan of the Bucs.
I don't think it can be differentiated because Brady plays for the Bucs so if you are a fan of Brady then you are a fan of the team he plays for. I mean none of us are fans of Brady just the person like folks are with celebrities. We are fans of him as a football player and by extension the team he plays for.

2003 - Pats defense ranked 1st, offense 11th with defense shutting down Tenn and Indy in the playoffs

In other words both Brady and Bill were instrumental to one another winning 6 titles
No one has ever said Bill and Brady were not instrumental.

You keep talking from a tone that Bill would still have won 6 Superbowls with Damon Huard at QB.

Bill got Lucky that he got Brady, because no way another star QB puts up with him for as long as Brady did.

Manning would have had Bill fired in 1 year of coaching.

Brady also got lucky that he was drafted by the Pats instead of getting picked up by the colts and forced to sit behind Peyton.

But again you have to acknowledge that Bill was lucky. He was on his way to getting canned and never being a HC again until Brady took over on offense and proved that Bledsoe was no longer a good QB.

Nothing wrong with luck by the way, most successful people needed a measure of luck to get where they are at

What a dumb comment. Without Belichick, Brady would be selling insurance because no one else believed in him in 2000. As Belichick is proving this year, he doesn't need Brady to be successful.
It's not dumb, it's true. He was losing with Bledsoe, Kraft's golden child. Do you really think Kraft would have picked Bill over Bledsoe when Bledsoe was a year away from being in the playoffs before Bill showed up?

Brady was taken in the 6th Rd. It's impossible to know if he would have been drafted in the 7th or taken as an UDFA.

But Kurt Warner was an UDFA that played himself into the starting role in the Rams. It's not impossible to think Brady wouldn't have done the same thing.

Either way, Brady certainly landed in the perfect spot.

The only other team he could have gotten similar success with is the Steelers.

Brady has more than proved he didn't need Bill to be successful either.

Both are Legends

He'd never win a SB with Troy Brown, Bethel Johnson, David Givens, etc. outside of BB's system.
So are you saying Bill is a terrible GM for giving Brady such terrible weapons throughout his career?

My personal opinion is that any Pats fan who isn't a fan of both Tom and Bill needs to have his head examined.
While I was happy for Tom when he won the SB last year at this point a Bucs victory does me as a Patriots fan no good whatsoever. How does Brady help my team, the Patriots? He doesn't.

Now, if the Patriots are out and Brady goes to another SB, will I root for him? Sure, but does it help my team? Not at all. Essentially Brady is now irrelevant.

While I was happy for Tom when he won the SB last year at this point a Bucs victory does me as a Patriots fan no good whatsoever. How does Brady help my team, the Patriots? He doesn't.

Now, if the Patriots are out and Brady goes to another SB, will I root for him? Sure, but does it help my team? Not at all. Essentially Brady is now irrelevant.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Bucs’ practice squad protections for this week: K Jose Borregales, WR Breshad Perriman, TE Darren Fells and CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

I wonder if the guys that are acting like this out of loyalty to the patriots are all older actual Boston folks. I can't cheer against Brady while he's active but I'm sure not going to cheer for TB when he's gone either. I started watching football in 2006 though because my friends called Brady the golden boy and hated him. They loved Manning. Was sickening to watch the AFC Championship that year. Anyways if you are from the area and already from a stubborn and 'have to pick a side blindly loyal' generation, maybe this is what you get.

sometimes fans are the worst TB is a top-5 run D Jonathan Taylor gained 2 total yds on 4 carries in the first quarter Indy turned to the pass & scored 21 second qtr pts Reich is a saint for dumbing it down like this for IND fans whining about more runs

the RPOs became runs on the last TD drive because TB started playing the pass as Bruce stated I don’t get it… Reich: they played the run so RPOs became passes Arians: we emphasized stopping the run except at the very end we played pass Fans: but if we only ran the ball more

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back