PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

Any comments from Benedict Arnold I mean Tammy Brady.

Dolphins were the ones tampering but Brady was a willing participant. He and his agent could have cut off all talks in August 2019 but those talks kept going for the entire season. The Timmyites are acting like he did nothing wrong. The reality is there is a giant knife in the back of Patriots Nation...

Dolphins were the ones tampering but Brady was a willing participant. He and his agent could have cut off all talks in August 2019 but those talks kept going for the entire season. The Timmyites are acting like he did nothing wrong. The reality is there is a giant knife in the back of Patriots Nation...
oh man I guess this totally changed your opinion on Brady. Damn I was wondering when I’d get some clarity on how you felt about him

What rule did Brady break? Clubs can't tamper but players can, it's always been that way. It's not a good look at a glance but he didn't break any rules.

So no fault at all on the D for allowing Ryan Fitzpatrick to drive the field at the end of the game? So it was on Brady that he had no TE, and the worst WR package in the league? So no matter what everything was Brady’s fault.
A loss is everyone’s fault.
Arguing that a mediocre day including a pick 6 by your QB didn’t contribute to losing because the other team scored last is ignorant.
Again this is Tom Brady we are talking about.
He didn’t become Tom Brady by having excuses for losing to 4-11 teams.

oh man I guess this totally changed your opinion on Brady. Damn I was wondering when I’d get some clarity on how you felt about him

Oh look, more of Timmy’s lap dogs…
What rule did Brady break? Clubs can't tamper but players can, it's always been that way. It's not a good look at a glance but he didn't break any rules.

He’s got no loyalty to the team you supposedly cheer for. You don’t recognize this? This is proof you are just Team Brady and not Patriots

N
After Ross's performance last year with undermining Flores and Tua, the tanking allegations, the Watson flirtation, and the now-confirmed rumors about the Brady tampering, I thought perhaps he was gearing up to challenge Washington's Dan Snyder for worst NFL owner. That is before Snyder upped his game (as the worst owner) recently. :evil:

It would be interesting to know why the hammer is coming down on Ross right now for this tampering thing when the Snyder stuff (I won't recount his various scandals because it would take 10,000 words), would appear to be so much more egregious and outlandish (whatever you think of Ross, at least he hasn't had to flee the country like Snyder to avoid Congressional subpoena). Maybe the hammer came down on Ross now just to distract from the Watson fiasco, but it would seem to me that there must be more to the story.
Not sure. The Snyder issues expose NFL league office execs looking the other way to sexual harassment while the Ross issue has all kinds of racial, competitive and integrity-related ones with no one tied to the league office.

Just a guess...

I think 2009 was his worst. That's just me
Second half of 2019 was far worse. And he wasn’t recovering from missing a year with an act that clearly made him tentative in 2009.
Look at his #s the second half of 2019. Look at ending 2-4. That stuff never happened before, or since.
You have to be lying to not notice he was a totally different player that year.

Sadly Miami got sick of being dominated for 20 years, so the infiltrated the ranks and turned Brady against the organization.

My biggest question is, why did Brady want to go to the DOlphins of all teams? Was it because of Ross specifically, or did he just want to stick it to Belichick...my guess it's the latter.
Because the Brazilian Yoko wants to live there. That woman has been personality poison for Tommy. 1659468299385.gif

Oh look, more of Timmy’s lap dogs…

He’s got no loyalty to the team you supposedly cheer for. You don’t recognize this? This is proof you are just Team Brady and not Patriots
I asked what rule he broke. What does loyalty have to do with the rulebook? I'm not happy he talked to another team but that has nothing to do with the rules. Saying Brady tampered means nothing because players can do that.

I asked what rule he broke. What does loyalty have to do with the rulebook? I'm not happy he talked to another team but that has nothing to do with the rules. Saying Brady tampered means nothing because players can do that.

Stop making excuses for his behavior, ok? You were the one who was in complete denial that Brady had talks with Miami when the rumors started to circulate last year.

Stop making excuses for his behavior, ok? You were the one who was in complete denial that Brady had talks with Miami when the rumors started to circulate last year.
You're called it tampering and since you didn't tell me what rule he broke I'll assume you agree it's none. Players can tamper. Fact.

And yeah I did not believe he reached out to Miami and today doesn't really change that. The Dolphins reached out to him and were punished severely.

You're called it tampering and since you didn't tell me what rule he broke I'll assume you agree it's none. Players can tamper. Fact.

And yeah I did not believe he reached out to Miami and today doesn't really change that. The Dolphins reached out to him and were punished severely.

No one is saying Brady was tampering. We all get the rule that only teams can do it. However, Brady was talking with NE's bitter rival while under contract with NE. So stop trying to absolve him based on semantics. Perhaps it was Miami that reached out to him initially, but BRADY AT ANY TIME COULD HAVE PUT AN END TO IT. He chose not to and continued discussions with the Dolphins over two years. It takes two to tango.

Last edited:

Players cannot speak to other teams while they are under contract unless the team gives them permission to do so. If Brady talked to the Dolphins while under contract without permission, he absolutely broke the rules. The thing is though the league punishes teams for tampering and not the players. It doesn't mean that Brady wasn't guilty of tampering.

And I am sure a non-compete clause is in every player's contract.

Players cannot speak to other teams while they are under contract unless the team gives them permission to do so. If Brady talked to the Dolphins while under contract without permission, he absolutely broke the rules. The thing is though the league punishes teams for tampering and not the players. It doesn't mean that Brady wasn't guilty of tampering.

And I am sure a non-compete clause is in every player's contract.
Players can and do tamper - I doubt Gronk didn't hear anything from Brady while the Patriots still had his rights... and I bet Edelman did too- but the rule is clubs can't engage or reciprocate or acknowledge it if a player approaches them. It's not a violation of a rule if it's one sided. I looked in the policy and it says nothing about a player engaging a team.

I do think Yee might be in some trouble though.

No one is saying Brady was tampering. We all get the rule that only teams can do it. However, Brady was talking with NE's bitter rival while under contract with NE. So stop trying to absolve him based on semantics. Perhaps it was Miami that reached out to him, but BRADY AT ANY TIME COULD HAVE PUT AN END TO IT. He chose not to and continued discussions with the Dolphins over two years. It takes two to tango.
I said I wasn't happy that he was talking but it wasn't a violation at least according to the policy.

Players can and do tamper - I doubt Gronk didn't hear anything from Brady while the Patriots still had his rights... and I bet Edelman did too- but the rule is clubs can't engage or reciprocate or acknowledge it if a player approaches them. It's not a violation of a rule if it's one sided. I looked in the policy and it says nothing about a player engaging a team.

Maybe 'I'll always be a Patriot' wasn't the only reason he didn't go play with Brady.

I said I wasn't happy that he was talking but it wasn't a violation at least according to the policy.

That's your basis for judging him? That's not a "violation?" He's a Buc now, so whether he gets punished or not is irrelevant to New England. Most of us here would like to think the franchise's greatest player wouldn't dare talk to a division rival.

I think you are being naive.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 3.44.14 PM.png

That does not mean the league investigates or enforces the rule to the letter and every suspected instance.

At a minimum Tom's behavior was unseemly.

Sorry if already asked. I’m sure it has, but I’m on lunch break and can’t read through it all yet. Why weren’t the forfeited picks awarded to the Pats?

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back