PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

The more I think about this, the more I think that this chit goes on waaaaaay more than the NFL, and everyone else, is letting on. While I am a little disappointed that this is kind of a chitbag move by Brady, this is the NFL. The NFL is probably the most corrupt, rule bending/breaking sports league there is. We know these guys are signing multi million dollar deals minute one of the tampering period, and that kind of chit takes a long time and a lot of lawyers to get done. No way they do it when the starter's gun fires. No way. So the dolphins wanted him to play and offered him a partnership. Meh. If you're Brady, you have to listen, right? It's boat loads of money. Even if you send "your people", you have to turn over a couple stones to see how much money and control we are talking about.

It doesn't change the fact that 1) he won more than anyone else before, 2) he did it in a pats uni, and 3) he's not a lot different from any other pro athlete, as much as we want to pretend he is one of us. He is not one of us.

Many of us have idolized the guy. Many here have made him into Captain America. I have been accused by friends of having a man-crush on Brady. I said no, I want to be Tom Brady. And who wouldn't ? Multi gazillionaire, winner, supermodel wife. While he might not be the mercenary that a guy like Revis is, or a eff you pay me guy like Asante, he's not a lot different than the rest. He's 100% not like the rest of us who root for the laundry.

This type of crap just picks at the scab of what a chitty divorce this was. We are lucky it lasted as long as it did.

Those of you who say this is a distraction for the Watson thing are right on the money.
Anything Brady/Patriots makes headlines.

Sorry if already asked. I’m sure it has, but I’m on lunch break and can’t read through it all yet. Why weren’t the forfeited picks awarded to the Pats?
They don't traditionally do that for tampering. A pick swap maybe but it looks like that's not happening here.

Totally ignoring the fact that he was playing with a make shift OL and the worst supporting cast he ever had in 20 years. The fact is Brady did was he always do at the end. Put the Patriots up late in the 4th quarter . And then the vaunted boogeyman defense screw this up. Most notably DPOY Gilmore getting abused by Parler. It was embarrassing.

Brady was not good but it is just disingenuous to put that failures of a season solely on Brady. I guess that if Brady is solely responsible the failure of that season then he is solely responsible for the SB.

D was gassed after the poor led by Brady, less than 210 yards passing?

BREAKING: A well-placed source has informed me that an emergency damage control meeting of the Tompa-Gronka Mafia will take place this evening in the Brady forum’s Ball-gargling Ballroom, to discuss mitigation options. A large wooden replica of Brady’s phallus that the group had commissioned last year will be at the ready, in case MAC10 tries to sneak into the meeting and needs to be dealt with (imagine a version of the Untouchables baseball bat scene).

I asked what rule he broke. What does loyalty have to do with the rulebook? I'm not happy he talked to another team but that has nothing to do with the rules. Saying Brady tampered means nothing because players can do that.
IMO that's like saying it doesn't matter if you step out with a married person because they're married but you're single.

Sorry if already asked. I’m sure it has, but I’m on lunch break and can’t read through it all yet. Why weren’t the forfeited picks awarded to the Pats?
The league didn't explain its reasoning, they just said here's what we're going to do.

Again, Kraft should have lodged a formal tampering complaint.
Krafty Bob just dodged a bullet after the whole Orchids of Asia thing.

He knows he's compromised and making a move like that would go nowhere.

If anything it'd just ensure future crappy treatment of him and his team.

Totally ignoring the fact that he was playing with a make shift OL and the worst supporting cast he ever had in 20 years. The fact is Brady did was he always do at the end. Put the Patriots up late in the 4th quarter . And then the vaunted boogeyman defense screw this up. Most notably DPOY Gilmore getting abused by Parler. It was embarrassing.

Brady was not good but it is just disingenuous to put that failures of a season solely on Brady. I guess that if Brady is solely responsible the failure of that season then he is solely responsible for the SB.
Wait not the OL where 4/5s played all season and the 5th guy played half the games is another excuse?
Did Brady throw a pick 6? Was he just 16/29 for barely 200 yards? Was he 3/9 on 3rd down?
Against a 4-11 team that allowed the most points in the NFL?

Where did I say he was SOLELY responsible? You made that up.
But many of you have been on a tirade that he was solely responsible for the success.

I will say it again. Brady was instrumental in the success of this franchise. It’s laughable to make excuses why he couldn’t beat a 4-11 team. Brady was not Brady in the second half of 2019. It was blatantly obvious.
Do you not remember he skipped the off season?
Do you not remember him sitting by out of practices all season?
Do you not remember him falling down and heaving the ball away to avoid getting hit many times?
He wasn’t the same guy.
Today we found out why.
I’m not sure why you have to pretend that’s not true.

When is @venecol going to show up in this thread? At least some of the Timmyites have crawled from under their rock...

BREAKING: A well-placed source has informed me that an emergency damage control meeting of the Tompa-Gronka Mafia will take place this evening in the Brady forum’s Ball-gargling Ballroom, to discuss mitigation options. A large wooden replica of Brady’s phallus that the group had commissioned last year will be at the ready, in case MAC10 tries to sneak into the meeting and needs to be dealt with (imagine a version of the Untouchables baseball bat scene).

They should renamed Brady’s Bit@hes.

Love the Bradites complaining about weapons, traded for Brown and got Sami per the Drama King’s request.
The Sanu advocacy might even have been deliberate sabotage by Tommy since he didn't give a sh*t and was planning on leaving for a competitor.

Guy increasingly looks like a slime ball. And we already *know* he's a snake oil salesman.

Anyone that calls themselves a fan of this team should be pissed at Bradys actions regarding this situation.

I'd like to know what Kraft thinks, when he found out about it and if he would've let Brady waltz out of town so easily sans compensation had he known beforehand.

Last edited:
Know what’s interesting? Look at ESPN. NBC Sports. Fox Sports. National Twitter Trends. Real mainstream news outlets. This story is a tiny sub headline if even at all. It’s nothing. No one cares.

The absolute craziness absolutely everywhere you looked over Patriots punishments was always about punishing the Pats and specifically Belichick. No one cares if it’s not about him even if Brady is involved.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back