PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

The Pats and Bucs should get those draft picks. The Pats should get the first rounder because they lost Brady and the Bucs should get the third since Brady stuck with the Bucs.

Yup. Miami's tampering with Brady could be construed as damaging to the Patriots and compensation should be due.

While the headline is about tampering, seems the NFL is also using this as a way to slap Ross's wrist for encouraging tanking:

View attachment 44256

Anyone that has a problem with this is just acting who the **** wouldn’t want there team to tank to get Burrow over Tau

Sorry if already answered but im 13 pages late to this, What happens to the 2 draft picks?

I

Nobody also holds a bigger chip on their shoulder.
I absolutely could see Brady make sure the Pats don’t see the playoffs to tarnish BBS clout and to stick it to him.

That and the way Brady turned Gronk agaisnt BB is disgusting.
What a load of sh*t. So now Brady turned Gronk against BB? I guess BB trying to trade Gronk to Detroit had nothing to do with it? I guess Brady was supposed to play defence against the Phins when they scored with 33 seconds left to win the game?

That’s easy. If your team sucks play your sucky players into the ground and lose. Ross is accused of ordering to lose and most importantly offering cash bribes.
The intent is the same as the NBA. Ross wanted to lose so he could get better players in the future. AFAIK there is no allegation that Ross had any ties to gambling. $100k a game for a loss is pocket change to a billionaire like Ross. His problem was he couldn't get Flores to take the money to play the sucky players into the ground.

Sorry if already answered but im 13 pages late to this, What happens to the 2 draft picks?
They disappear. In essence, those rounds just have 31 picks instead of 32, similar to the way free agency comp picks result in a round having more than 32 picks. In effect, every team in the league in those rounds behind MIA just moved up a spot.

Brady already sold Giselle on Florida and then went to Tampa.
It makes sense.
May have been Giselle selling Tom on Florida rather than the other way around. Much, much closer to Brazil to visit her family, and certainly Miami has a strong fashion scene she can leverage there.

Thanks Robert and Bill, i was holding out hope that we could have come out of this with an extra pick or 2 :)

Anyone that has a problem with this is just acting who the **** wouldn’t want there team to tank to get Burrow over Tau
Actually, the funny thing is that it was all about tanking for Tua then. He would have been the unquestioned #1 overall pick if he didn’t get injured. His injury is what led to his slide to 5 where the Dolphins got him. So they got their guy anyway, albeit a version recovering from a major injury.

That's a massive stretch. One thing we know about Brady is his competitiveness. He's never mailed anything in. We also had huge issues on offense. Gronk retired and we didn't have a reliable TE, and aside from Edleman we had next to nothing at WR. We weren't beating KC in KC that year.
We would have played Kc at home if we beat Miami.

We started 10-1.

There were many unbradylike things happening that year.
He made more negative (or questioning) comments about the organization that year than all others combined.
He skip off season workouts for the first time.
He gave up on plays like he never had before.
He missed a ton of practices.
He played the worst football of his career

I always attributed it to injury but it no longer seems that way.

I think all those occurrences overwhelm “he’s competitive he wouldn’t mail it in” and conceivably because he let a division opponent get in his head.

By definition, only a team (i.e. representatives of a team) can tamper. Seems to me that a player being tampered with can say or do whatever they want without consequence.
Technically but not ethically.

May have been Giselle selling Tom on Florida rather than the other way around. Much, much closer to Brazil to visit her family, and certainly Miami has a strong fashion scene she can leverage there.
It's pretty clear to me that she had a lot of influence on his career choices from the time of her "Johnny Foxborough" comment and thereafter.

Before that time frame he was all about taking less to help build the team, yada yada. After, not so much.

But that's fine. He's said a lot of complementary things about her and her family's business savvy, and MIA is a pretty nice place regardless.

You are aware that the Pats have lost their last 3 games to the Dolphins right? They kind of have the Pats number going back FOREVER. And the Titans went on to beat the 1 seed Ravens and get to the AFCCG.
So after all of his accomplishments it boils down to who could expect Brady to beat a 4-11 team that for better afterward, and losing at home, putting up 13 points against a wc team is fine because they also beat someone else?
You do know we are talking about the GOAT QB not Mark Sanchez right?

Only in Goodell’s NFL are the Pats not getting those picks.

So after all of his accomplishments it boils down to who could expect Brady to beat a 4-11 team that for better afterward, and losing at home, putting up 13 points against a wc team is fine because they also beat someone else?
You do know we are talking about the GOAT QB not Mark Sanchez right?
Teams doubled Edelman

Harry, Dorsett and Watson were his primary receivers

James White lead the team in receptions down the stretch

I'm sure you watched the games

How many Super Bowls did he win in MN? Did he also lure a retired team legend to his new team?

You mean the guy that left cause BB treated. Him like **** and traded him to Detroit lol

That is a very interesting point. We all wondered why Belichick held the line on the contract and not franchising him. It also runs directly to the the timing of the decision to give Jimmy Garappolo away for nothing. Once that happened, Brady figured he could do whatever he wanted outside the organization.

What if Belichick had traded Brady to Miami for a a fistful of draft picks and just went with Jimmy G as his starter?
If Belichick wants to blame someone for not being able to trade Brady in 2017, he should blame himself for extending Brady in 2015.

Meanwhile, in the world of F1:

Silly season, indeed!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents