PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've became a fan of the NBA somewhat recently (2010 +-).

If Michael Jordan is so clearly better than leBron James, then I deeply envy everyone that has seen him play.

If Cleveland beats GS this year - I think there may some revision in people's thinking. At least the best Lebron may be seen as better than the best MJ. Lebron has gotten a lot better over 5 years ago.

This is disgusting. There is no way in hell this Cleveland team is this much better than the Celtics. Not only that, the Cavs are a terrible defensive team. The only way this can happen is if the Celtics don't care about winning. Zero intensity or effort. Sickening.

And Thomas is starting to scare me. This is the guy we are going to give a max contract to? I don't see it unless he is playing this series hurt.

This is disgusting. There is no way in hell this Cleveland team is this much better than the Celtics. Not only that, the Cavs are a terrible defensive team. The only way this can happen is if the Celtics don't care about winning. Zero intensity or effort. Sickening.

And Thomas is starting to scare me. This is the guy we are going to give a max contract to? I don't see it unless he is playing this series hurt.

Thomas is probably on fumes from an emotional standpoint by now - I would cut him a bit of slack.

Markelle Fultz. If these two games don't illustrate how far behind Cleveland we are, I don't know what does. Not a player or two away. We need a superstar to build around for the future.

Anyone who thought we had a shot in this series deserves to never be taken seriously again regarding anything basketball related.
My hope was that we would win one game, but I see now that I was wildly optimistic.

My hope was that we would win one game, but I see now that I was wildly optimistic.

If we are planning on competing wil Cleveland in the future, we have to find someone to guard Lebron. He is toying with us. Then rebounding and an additional scoring option.

I was just hoping they'd put up a fight. LeBron is embarrassing us.

Imagine all the people following the celtics dutifully all year. Oh the humanity!

Cavs should get a double victory for tonight's blowout, 3-0. I suppose they'd just as soon play a couple in cleveland though, avoid the long layoff. Shouldn't be too much of a workout to win the next couple.

Well they couldn't hit an open jumper in the first quarter to keep the game close.

If they played their A game perhaps they lose by single digits, playing their D game isn't going to work.

Markelle Fultz. If these two games don't illustrate how far behind Cleveland we are, I don't know what does. Not a player or two away. We need a superstar to build around for the future.
Just 1? You need 3 bonafide superstars just to get on the NBA Finals dance floor and THEN you need to be significantly into the luxury tax to fill out the rest of the team.

Pushing everything aside, even I will admit LeBron is Jordanesque right now. He still needs the rings but he's a damn fine player at the peak of his powers.

The Celtics have gone cold and have played absolutely awful. They obviously should lose to Cleveland but not like this. The scores should be close up until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The Celtics should be embarrassed. Cleveland just made them look like they don't belong in the same league as them. If Cleveland was this good they would have won 65+ games... they barely won 50 games.

I've been saying for a while the Celtics need a star player. IT is a great player, Halford is good, but in the NBA to win championships you need that AND a star.

The Celtics have gone cold and have played absolutely awful. They obviously should lose to Cleveland but not like this. The scores should be close up until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The Celtics should be embarrassed. Cleveland just made them look like they don't belong in the same league as them. If Cleveland was this good they would have won 65+ games... they barely won 50 games.
CLE coasted thru the regular season. It is painfully obvious.

I've been saying for a while the Celtics need a star player. IT is a great player, Halford is good, but in the NBA to win championships you need that AND a star.

Yeah, I used to be a big Judas Priest fan, too.:D

Paying max money to "okayish" players is probably not the recipe for success in the NBA. Ex. "A"- Al Horford.

Let's not compound the error by paying max money to a 5'9 guard who can't defend or pass out of a double team.

Just 1? You need 3 bonafide superstars just to get on the NBA Finals dance floor and THEN you need to be significantly into the luxury tax to fill out the rest of the team.

Pushing everything aside, even I will admit LeBron is Jordanesque right now. He still needs the rings but he's a damn fine player at the peak of his powers.
Obviously you need more but Fultz is where to start. Jaylen Brown is one piece. A Brooklyn '18 big could be another. Acquire another via trade or FA.

The Celtics have played a 6 game series right into a 7 game series right into ate being led by the Brady of basketball. They are, by all means, way too tired. That Wizards series took the wind out of them.

The Cavs on the other hand have swept their competition and have fit far more days of recovery into the mix.

Still, last night was embarrassing. 70 points in the first half. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes