PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron is pretty much unguardable for this Celtics roster when he gets the ball facing the basket. Anyone tall enough to bother his shot is nowhere near quick enough to avoid being beaten off the dribble (and with no shot-blocking help coming). Anyone quick enough to stay in front of him is nowhere near tall enough and strong enough to bother his shot in the least.

You just can't put a PG, PF, or C on him. It has to be a long, quick wing player.

But this isn't news. The only people tall enough and quick enough to slow him down even a little are Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Paul George, and (occasionally) Andre Iguodala.

If Paul George were a Celtic it would have cost the #1 pick, and I'd agree that it's not worth it. But if Lebron stays at this level for a few more years, you have to hope that you get one of those types of rare guys, or that Jaylen Brown grows into that role.

Still very disappointed we didn't land Boogie Cousins Celts are going to be lacking in that area for quite some time. We just don't compete well against Teams who rebound well.

bad character

This is pathetic. What a bunch of fake Celtics fans.

Meh, we knew we wouldn't win this series. Just hope we can steal a game or two. The real fun starts in the offseason! Can't wait.

My big takeaway: imagine how good Pats games would be in a stadium that was actually conducive to crowd noise?

But this isn't news. The only people tall enough and quick enough to slow him down even a little are Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Paul George, and (occasionally) Andre Iguodala.

I would add Jimmy Butler to that list. He doesnt fear Lebron and does a decent job against him, a big reason why the Bulls went 4-0 against Cleveland this year.

I know no one thinks its worth the top pick, but unless you dont mind waiting another 5-6 years to have a chance at being relevant as a true contender, Lebron aint going anywhere in that time frame and the only way to get passed him is to aquire one of those guys. Two of them (George and Butler) you have a very realistic chance of aquiring, should you choose to to that route.

I personally dont feel like waiting another half decade or more for Lebron to get old so we can sneak by in the east, i wanna go head on against the beast and take him down. We could potentially be the King slayers if we played this offseason and next right, or we can be scared and twiddle our thumbs waiting for father time to give us a break.

Im sure the dynamic duo of Markelle freaking Fultz and Jaylen freaking Brown is gonna be the next great superteam afterall :rolleyes:

I would add Jimmy Butler to that list. He doesnt fear Lebron and does a decent job against him, a big reason why the Bulls went 4-0 against Cleveland this year.

I know no one thinks its worth the top pick, but unless you dont mind waiting another 5-6 years to have a chance at being relevant as a true contender, Lebron aint going anywhere in that time frame and the only way to get passed him is to aquire one of those guys. Two of them (George and Butler) you have a very realistic chance of aquiring, should you choose to to that route.

I personally dont feel like waiting another half decade or more for Lebron to get old so we can sneak by in the east, i wanna go head on against the beast and take him down. We could potentially be the King slayers if we played this offseason and next right, or we can be scared and twiddle our thumbs waiting for father time to give us a break.

Im sure the dynamic duo of Markelle freaking Fultz and Jaylen freaking Brown is gonna be the next great superteam afterall :rolleyes:

The first thing the Celtics need to do is go after Gordon Hayward. The perfect team get IT is the Pelicans for Boogie, but that won't happen. He's a UDA in 2018, so a decision needs to be made on him this summer. Good, but tough choices

On another note, Brian Scalabrine is a total doofus, they really can't get anyone get anyone better on TV? Offers nothing and can hardly speak.

My big takeaway: imagine how good Pats games would be in a stadium that was actually conducive to crowd noise?

I've never been to a game in TD Garden, but from watching it on TV it sounds loud as f*ck and looks like a great home court advantage.

And the fans seem to know when to be loud to give the team a boost.

In regards to this series, realistically I thought we'd be lucky to win a game. LeBron is unguardable, he knows how to find open guys when he's double-teamed, and he has spot up shooters on the floor with him. Jaylen IMO has the best physical tools in our roster to try to guard him, but even then he's not good enough to guard him consistently.

All that said, this has been a successful season. We got the #1 pick, Jaylen looks like he's going to be a solid player, maybe even really good, Smart improved, Rozier looks like he can play, Zizic developed in Europe, Horford is showing up in critical times, and IT emerged as a superstar.

On another note, Brian Scalabrine is a total doofus, they really can't get anyone get anyone better on TV? Offers nothing and can hardly speak.
Kind of like his playing days.

I dunan know. I put Scal in the same category as Pete Sheppard.

Not 100% polished and highly questionable insight and value but extremely likeable and fairly entertaining.

You don't worry about Lebron, you concern youself with all the other players on the court. You keep them out of it and let Lebron do his thing.

Any of you remember when Michael Jordan scored 63 points against the Celtics and lost?

You don't worry about Lebron, you concern youself with all the other players on the court. You keep them out of it and let Lebron do his thing.

Any of you remember when Michael Jordan scored 63 points against the Celtics and lost?

Yes and it was of the greatest games and individual performances I have ever seen.

The amazing thing about it is considering he was pretty much out for the entire year, came back and in Game 1 he roasted DJ and Danny for 49.

That Bulls team sucked and that 86 Celts team was at a minimum Top 5 GOAT and a very, very good defensive team.

Game 3 DJ and Danny shut him down.

There are in fact several architects who specialize in acoustic effects in construction who could have assisted in the design and building of Gillette; unfortunately none of them knew or cared anything about Drew Bledsoe or the flying elvis; therefore Kraft never sought any of them out.

Yes and it was of the greatest games and individual performances I have ever seen.

The amazing thing about it is considering he was pretty much out for the entire year, came back and in Game 1 he roasted DJ and Danny for 49.

That Bulls team sucked and that 86 Celts team was at a minimum Top 5 GOAT and a very, very good defensive team.

Game 3 DJ and Danny shut him down.
Jordan was fresh because he didn't play during the season. No wear and tear, no nagging injuries. He was coming off rehab from surgery, but clearly he was well recovered.

Nobody puts up amazing scoring numbers every night.

Jordan was fresh because he didn't play during the season. No wear and tear, no nagging injuries. He was coming off rehab from surgery, but clearly he was well recovered.

Nobody puts up amazing scoring numbers every night.

Especially in the playoffs

However LeBron is on a freaking tear

Jae Crowder sucks this post season.

yo that white bald ref seriously has money on the cavs

been calling some crazy **** against boston last game and now this game too, its ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes