PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... where are those people who said they would rather play the Cavs than GSW? LBJ is going to average 40 a night on 70%+ shooting. Nobody we have can guard him and TT and Love will get every board.
The most disappointing part of the game for me. How do you let any team get three offensive rebounds on three missed shots without even touching the ball? What are they playing at?

Outclassed

Did we win yet?

Ouch just looked at score... down 20. Boston a bit tired coming off 7 games vs rested Cavs team most likely had an impact.

Well I'm not surprised nor should anyone be. I'm OK with getting rolled by the Cavs. It will hopefully end the discussion that we are a Butler/Hayward away from being a legit competitor to the Cavs or GSW.

If anything this tells me to play the long game, draft Fultz and let's take over when LeBron starts slipping a bit.

On the plus a nice game from Jaylen.

I'm not sure a combined Celtics/Spurs roster at current health would be competitive with the Cavs or Warriors, even coached by the two best coaches in the game.

C Aldridge, Olynyk
PF Horford, Gasol
SF D. Green, Crowder, J. Brown
SG Ginobili, Bradley, Simmons
PG Thomas, Mills

For all the snarky Cleveland fans out there - at least the Celtics are in the ECF - whereas, if the NFL had relegation, your crappy Browns would be down to about NCAA Division II.

Will this finally end the idea that you can build a championship team around Isiah?

Fultz has the same skill set, is 6'4, and should be hitting his prime around the same time LeBron should be retiring. Doesn't it make more sense to trade IT and build around him?

In an ideal world, Thomas is your instant offense 6th man...nothing more.

Given his defensive liabilities, Stevens needs to emulate PJ Carlismo and just substitute the sh*$ out of IT.......in for offense / out for defense....as much as humanly possible.

PS.....in the spirit of "Ray Lewis killed a man".....I give you...."Amir Johnson makes $12 million"

The way Cleveland dominated in the paint shows the Celts biggest weakness, lack of a strong rebounder/enforcer. That's why they made a big play to get Andrew Bogut. Next season, with Guerschon Yabusele and Ante Zizic plus a #1 draft choice, the Celts should be more able to compete in the paint.

That was our best chance to get one catching the Cavs napping, now it's probably a sweep. I ain't mad though, Jaylen was awesome. This game is real depressing if we had traded for George or Butler. Keep Jaylen and the picks and become the next supa team.

The way Cleveland dominated in the paint shows the Celts biggest weakness, lack of a strong rebounder/enforcer. That's why they made a big play to get Andrew Bogut. Next season, with Guerschon Yabusele and Ante Zizic plus a #1 draft choice, the Celts should be more able to compete in the paint.

Someone here was talking about NBA draft binkies. Mine is Jordan Bell. He is exactly the kind of energy big/rim protector the C's could really use. He might be available at the "original" C's pick so it's too bad we had to swap it with the Nets instead of getting their pick outright. I know, I am getting greedy.

I'm not sure a combined Celtics/Spurs roster at current health would be competitive with the Cavs or Warriors, even coached by the two best coaches in the game.

C Aldridge, Olynyk
PF Horford, Gasol
SF D. Green, Crowder, J. Brown
SG Ginobili, Bradley, Simmons
PG Thomas, Mills

you forgot Kawhi, you can't play Aldridge and Horford (and Horford is too slow to play the 4).

Thomas, Bradley, D Green, Kawhi, Aldridge. They can beat the Cavs, but the Warriors are probably still too good

you forgot Kawhi, you can't play Aldridge and Horford (and Horford is too slow to play the 4).

Thomas, Bradley, D Green, Kawhi, Aldridge. They can beat the Cavs, but the Warriors are probably still too good
I was saying "at current health", and so excluded Kawhi and Tony Parker.

Still very disappointed we didn't land Boogie Cousins Celts are going to be lacking in that area for quite some time. We just don't compete well against Teams who rebound well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft