PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's far and away the MOAT . . . most overrated all time. . . of any professional sport with the possible exception of Peyton Manning.

Many fans would say that Scottie Pippen deserves that honor.

Many fans would say that Scottie Pippen deserves that honor.

I am a HUGE Scottie Pippen fan. Loved his game. MJ doesn't win 6 titles without him.

The thing about Pippen is.......I'm not sure if he would have had a better or worse career without being MJ's sidekick.

I am a HUGE Scottie Pippen fan. Loved his game. MJ doesn't win 6 titles without him.

The thing about Pippen is.......I'm not sure if he would have had a better or worse career without being MJ's sidekick.

I think he's a top 25-30 player of all time at least. One of best defensive players I have ever seen and probably the best perimeter defender of all time, period.

I suppose the safe answer to your "question" is better individual stats, fewer titles. I guess it all depends on who the other key player(s) on the team are though. BJ and Toni Kukoc? We know how that story goes. An in-his-prime Hakeem? More interesting question.

I think he's a top 25-30 player of all time at least. One of best defensive players I have ever seen and probably the best perimeter defender of all time, period.

No question. Gotta give fatboy Jerry Krause his due on that pick. Central Arkansas.....gimme a break.

Best perimeter defender of all-time?....Hmm....I need some time on that one. Hes up there no question. Top 5 at a minimum.

I suppose the safe answer to your "question" is better individual stats, fewer titles. I guess it all depends on who the other key player(s) on the team are though. BJ and Toni Kukoc? We know how that story goes. An in-his-prime Hakeem? More interesting question.

Supporting cast is a tough call but my point is I think MJ made Scottie take his game to another level. Offensively, defensively, mental toughness, etc. When you play with better players, you either wilt or rise. He rose.

The same way Larry took Kevin's and the same way Kareem took Magic's who took Worthy's.

Cavs had over a 20% chance of getting the #1 pick in that draft, second only to the T-Wolves at 25%. In 1997, C's had a 27.5% chance of getting the #1, followed by the Spurs at 21.6%. This is your idea of a conspiracy?

If anything, there was a conspiracy of stupidity from the "brain" trust of the Clippers that led to the Irving selection. They traded Baron Davis and an unprotected #1 to the Cavs for the mediocre Mo Williams and the replacement-level Jamario Moon. That #1 turned into Irving . . . ouch.

How about they do away with the lottery and make it all a moot point?

I hope the NFL* never adopts that foolishness.

Well it was good to get that far. I would have loved it to go 6 but the Cavs were having none of it it seems.

Hopefully they can work on building something that can compete in the next 5 years. They made a big step towards that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back