PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They disgraced themselves. Shame on them.

Oh well, there's a shot they could win game 5 and 2 out of 6 isn't that bad. I was sure it'd be a sweep.
I wouldn't call that disgracing themselves...? They played very well, against an excellent team.

They played well and probably would have won if Kyrie Irving didn't have an amazing game. I don't understand why they didn't get in his lane and clog up the middle.. He was just free to do whatever he wanted but some of the shots he made going to the rim were awesome.... and he made 4 or 5 of those amazing moves. He was also money from 3 pt land.. If he just played average the Celtics could be tied 2-2 right now.

Oh well, there's a shot they could win game 5 and 2 out of 6 isn't that bad. I was sure it'd be a sweep.
If you think that the Celtics disgraced themselves, you're either frustrated and disappointed (both understandable) or you don't have the slightest idea how to assess the relative strengths and weaknesses of the 2 teams you just watched play. I prefer to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe it's the former. The Celtics gave their ultimate effort tonight and I'm proud of them for that. Disgraced? Ridiculous. Now, they did disgrace themselves in games 1 & 2.

They played well and probably would have won if Kyrie Irving didn't have an amazing game. I don't understand why they didn't get in his lane and clog up the middle.. He was just free to do whatever he wanted but some of the shots he made going to the rim were awesome.... and he made 4 or 5 of those amazing moves. He was also money from 3 pt land.. If he just played average the Celtics could be tied 2-2 right now.

If you want to play that game, if Marcus Smart just played average in Game 3 the series is over.

If you want to play that game, if Marcus Smart just played average in Game 3 the series is over.

Oh absolutely, I am looking at it like its all Gravy from here on out. So if the Celtics can get a little lucky and push it to 6 games I would be very happy.

They're a severely undermanned team that just went on the road and hung in there until the end against the best team in the East. They didn't disgrace themselves by any measure.

And even though Cleveland put up 112, this defense without Thomas has been much better.

It's basically every player in the league hah.
It's almost gotten as bad as soccer. The flops are absolutely ridiculous, too.

Celticss played a commendable game last night. After loss in game 3, you would expect Cavs to demolish Celtics like they did in game 2. But Celtics controlled the game until mid 3rd qtr. They just didn't have enough bodies to substitute and support the starters. Cleveland, though struggling for most of the night found their groove mid-late 3rd qtr and played their kind of basketball.

The only reason Cavs won the game was Kyrie Irving. When Lebron, Love and others weren't having a good night he kept scoring keeping them within 10-15 points.

Brad Stevens is doing a terrific job coaching this team. It took him 2 games to fully understand and defend a powerful Cleveland team. With the right moves in offseason, we'll be back in ECF next season.

I was hoping for a home win this series but winning in Cleveland makes it even more sweet. I hope we put up a fight Thursday night and may be pull off another win. As good as Cleveland is, I think the way Celtics played defense should help Warriors in the finals. They have the players and size to play similar defense against Cavs.

Most underrated storyline is Jae Crowder's work on the boards, he's stopped TT from ruining these games.

It's almost gotten as bad as soccer. The flops are absolutely ridiculous, too.
They're pretty bad but I guess I don't care anymore lol. Just kind of grown numb to it.

Hi
They're pretty bad but I guess I don't care anymore lol. Just kind of grown numb to it.
It reminds me of receivers in the NFL who throw their arms up in the air after what seems like nearly every incompletion begging for an interference flag.

Hard to be negative about the Celtics last night. They had the Cavs reeling for a while until Kyrie went off. Their offense was flowing nicely, the defense looked good, they were getting their rebounds.

Disappointing that they couldn't hold on, because it would have been amazing but hard to feel bad about this team.

I still don't see Cleveland beating GSW but it might turn out a good thing that the Celtics have made them work for this series, assuming we put up a good fight again in Game 5.

I'm not a Basketball fan but have been watching the playoffs. I've gained a whole new level of respect for Lebron and Love. They're both playing through at least 15 bone shattering injuries each. They must have an incredible pain tolerance to do that. They are some tough as nails bastards.

Cavs surrounded him with shooters who you can't leave. It was a 'pick your poison' and Stevens for the most part kept his defenders glued to their man. When we did send help, Cleveland made us pay by hitting 3's.

Irving is just a tough matchup for anybody in the league when he is on. Nobody in the league can stay in front of him and when he is hitting his shots it's really impossible. Bradley did decent, but he can't keep that up the entire game.

They just have a better roster than us.

Hard to be negative about the Celtics last night. They had the Cavs reeling for a while until Kyrie went off. Their offense was flowing nicely, the defense looked good, they were getting their rebounds.

Disappointing that they couldn't hold on, because it would have been amazing but hard to feel bad about this team.

I still don't see Cleveland beating GSW but it might turn out a good thing that the Celtics have made them work for this series, assuming we put up a good fight again in Game 5.

How fortunate that Cleveland has Irving.

Funny how those ping pong balls bounce to give a team with lower odds the top pick in a draft when there is one player head and shoulders above the others.

Kind of like what happened when the San Antonio Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan, it's almost enough to think that maybe....

Nah, forget about it, it was just the luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back