PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ Danny Freaking Ainge!!

Well, I'm dubious he'd do that well against one of the best defensive teams in the league, but assuming he does, the Cs win 128-120.
So he’s not that good because he can only drop 40+ on weaker playoff teams? He wasn’t leading the C’s past Cleveland but come on last years team JB was sketchy, Horford really wasn’t the same after the concussion until the playoffs and who else? Avery Bradley was traded for a pile of Morris and it wasn’t for Morris’ D.

So he’s not that good because he can only drop 40+ on weaker playoff teams? He wasn’t leading the C’s past Cleveland but come on last years team JB was sketchy, Horford really wasn’t the same after the concussion until the playoffs and who else? Avery Bradley was traded for a pile of Morris and it wasn’t for Morris’ D.

He's fine. That's not the point. The point is that the Cavs are old, not very athletic anymore and couldn't stop a paper cut with their D. LeBron is having to play huge minutes to keep them alive.

Yeah, OTG, this plus the development of this Celtic squad has brought much joy in the past few months. What a lovable team, and an excellent coach. Irving has shown a ton of character as a basketball player and a leader - who would have predicted that?

And barring tragedy, the team will be even better next year. Just wow.

I agree. It's been amazing...and it feels overwhelmingly like we're on the verge of not only joining the Warriors at the top'f the league, this year or next, but are poised for an incredibly powerful run. The Depth of Talent is awesome and poised to improve enormously next year, and while Brad Stevens's personality is different from Mad Bill's, in terms of selecting players with the right talent and right Character, and in developing them, he is positively Belichickian. :eek:

It was easy to see the Nets pick would be borderline throwaway.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, right. :rolleyes:

If you got a Link to your calling that last summer, I'll happily give your Props.

Failing that, I'm gonna have to with:

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/********.jpg?itok=FjaoVbFZ

He's very Belichick"esque" in regards to evaluating the best players for the Celtics and when to swing the right deals for picks and vice versa.

Indeed...and in developing that Talent to play incredibly synergistically. :eek:

He's very Belichick"esque" in regards to evaluating the best players for the Celtics and when to swing the right deals for picks and vice versa.

Agree. The ability to not have sentimentality play a role, or at least compartmentalize it, seems to be key to all the good GM's.

Very good point. Mind you, I'll pigpile on by emphasizing that both Coaches Belichick and Stevens strike me as incredibly passionate both about the coaching and about the Players that they coach...And that's it's despite their intense compassion for each individual Player that they make bold moves.

The-Needs-of-the-Many-Outweigh-the-Needs-of-the-Few-2.jpg

"Or the one"

When Mad Bill cut Terry Glenn loose in the summer of 2001, he put his entire career on the line...and he did it for the Team.

And that's why he's The Man. :cool:

Very good point. Mind you, I'll pigpile on by emphasizing that both Coaches Belichick and Stevens strike me as incredibly passionate both about the coaching and about the Players that they coach...And that's it's despite their intense compassion for each individual Player that they make bold moves.

Continuing the pigpile: people get it entirely wrong when they say these guys are unemotional. It is just the opposite - they are incredibly emotional, in the form of passion and caring. It is that same emotion which causes them to be so disciplined, which then informs their strategic decisions.

Indeed...and in developing that Talent to play incredibly synergistically. :eek:
The "next man up" philosophy is real under these guys. Gordon Hayward goes down in the 1st game and we're all like, "oh ****" and yet here we are...and how about Terry Rozier III? I really like what I've seen so far.

If you got a Link to your calling that last summer, I'll happily give your Props.

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/********.jpg?itok=FjaoVbFZ

Well, this wasn't directed at me, but I couldn't resist the challenge.

Post by: rochrist, Aug 22, 2017 in forum: Boston Celtics Fan Forum

Cleveland got the better of this trade, IMO. Boston just traded away IT and their chance to get a quality big to the Cavs and Kyrie may only be on the team for another two years.

SO when the LA pick is 2 and the Brooklyn pick ends up 10?

dwxijolve4ojwyto2uq6.jpg

What will I do without your props?

There are two former Celtics who were traded from the team and when they held their press conferences they could barely speak without crying. One was Gerald Henderson and the other was Danny Ainge. To have one of them come back all these years later and return the team to the top is incredible. Thanks Danny.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back