PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOSTON CELTICS vs. Washington Wizards (Eastern semi-finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 BABY!!!!! The future is bright indeed!!!

Draft Fultz. If we didn't have #1, I could've stomached trading it but gotta take this kid.

so...another guard?

i dont know college players, how good is Fultz to not take one of the two good forwards ive heard about?

we need big men way more than gaurds....

so...another guard?

i dont know college players, how good is Fultz to not take one of the two good forwards ive heard about?

never ever ever draft for need. always take the best player available. fultz. they can get a forward via free agency or bring one up from the overseas roster. they have a **** ton of players from last years draft they can develope.

So many ways this could go. Trade the #1 for Porzingis or Jordan and sign a max contract like George?

so...another guard?

Take the best player available. I don't know about Fultz but I do know that I am not impressed with Jimmy Butler. And the other potential guy Paul George.. he could walk when his contract is up next year. There is no way I am trading for either of those guys unless Paul George agrees to a contract extension.

We draft Fultz, and sign another bit time player. With another star player the Celtics could contend for a title and be building for the future at the same time which is incredibly rare. I would sign Gordon Hayword and another big guy.

We most likely are going to trade away Bradley because we can't pay everyone. IT and Horford and Hayword can keep us competitve while Jalen Brown and Fultz grow up in the next 3 years and they take over the team.

Unless some team makes an offer we can't refuse I say be more patient. We can win with IT, Horford and another Max contract.

Not to mention we could get another top 3 pick next season lol.. talk about being set up.

Last edited:
never ever ever draft for need. always take the best player available. fultz. they can get a forward via free agency or bring one up from the overseas roster. they have a **** ton of players from last years draft they can develope.
Also, as lovable as IT is he's a 29 year old 5'7" overachiever who relies on wildly acrobatic shots.

Take the best player available. I don't know about Fultz but I do know that I am not impressed with Jimmy Butler. And the other potential guy Paul George.. he could walk when his contract is up next year. There is no way I am trading for either of those guys unless Paul George agrees to a contract extension.

We draft Fultz, and sign another bit time player. With another star player the Celtics could contend for a title and be building for the future at the same time which is incredibly rare. I would sign Gordon Hayword and another big guy.

We most likely are going to trade away Bradley because we can't pay everyone. IT and Horford and Hayword can keep us competitve while Jalen Brown and Fultz grow up in the next 3 years and they take over the team.

Unless some team makes an offer we can't refuse I say be more patient. We can win with IT, Horford and another Max contract.

Not to mention we could get another top 3 pick next season lol.. talk about being set up.
I don't want Jimmy Butler. Trade for a forward this offseason, draft Fultz, bring up Zizic if he is ready and maybe get another big.

so...another guard?

They need a scorer, someone who can get his own shot whenever he wants. That's Fultz.

so...another guard?

He is really elite. As I said in another thread, he reminds me of James Harden or (when he was healthy) Brandon Roy. I think a stat line like Harden's final season in OKC is not an unreasonable expectation for Fultz's rookie year. And he has a chance to put up Harden in Houston numbers when he hits his prime.

You simply do not pass up talents like that based on positional need. That kind of thinking led the Blazers to draft Bowie instead of MJ.

Fultz can play with IT like Bradley does. Fultz is bigger and taller than Bradley. His wingspan is 7'. If he puts effort into defense he can be good on that end of the floor. But him on offense with IT is going to be scary for teams to defend.

We also got the Nets 1st round pick next year and they're going to again be one of the worst teams in the league!!

Why do we need to edit this? Can't Cleveland/Boston have its own thread? Not much going on with football anyway so I don't think anyone would mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back