PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fortunate that Cleveland has Irving.

Funny how those ping pong balls bounce to give a team with lower odds the top pick in a draft when there is one player head and shoulders above the others.

Kind of like what happened when the San Antonio Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan, it's almost enough to think that maybe....

Nah, forget about it, it was just the luck of the draw.
I doubt the NBA wanted the Spurs to get Duncan, they've been terrible for ratings (but great for true bball fans). Celtics with Duncan draw far better ratings.

Funny how those ping pong balls bounce to give a team with lower odds the top pick in a draft when there is one player head and shoulders above the others.

Kind of like what happened when the San Antonio Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan, it's almost enough to think that maybe....

You're thinking about the Ewing draft and the supposed rigging of that with the alleged bent corner/frozen envelope...........

I don't like to denigrade our players, but Jae Crowder takes some ridiculously dumb shots and cannot make a basket in the second half. With his size and strength, offensively he should be playing big and physically getting into his mid range spot or posting up weak defensive or smaller forwards.

It's not just taking a bad 3, but missing it and allowing Kyrie to run in transition.

They played well and probably would have won if Kyrie Irving didn't have an amazing game. I don't understand why they didn't get in his lane and clog up the middle.. He was just free to do whatever he wanted but some of the shots he made going to the rim were awesome.... and he made 4 or 5 of those amazing moves. He was also money from 3 pt land.. If he just played average the Celtics could be tied 2-2 right now.

He is amazing, his step back and handles are as good as anyone in the league. Ideally because

I don't like to denigrade our players, but Jae Crowder takes some ridiculously dumb shots and cannot make a basket in the second half. With his size and strength, offensively he should be playing big and physically getting into his mid range spot or posting up weak defensive or smaller forwards.

It's not just taking a bad 3, but missing it and allowing Kyrie to run in transition.
I don't think that's denigrating Crowder. Frankly, I think it's a pretty solid assessment. I like Jae and think he's a particularly valuable guy in the locker room and he's a max effort guy. I also think he's a leader, but he's been offensively-challenged especially since February, or so. His shot selection is often questionable, to be kind. Earlier this season, his issue with fans cheering Gordon Hayward spawned some media comparisons of Crowder vs. Hayward. Some characterized them as comparable, which I find laughable. Hayward, in my opinion, is a significantly better player.

He's still shooting 39% from 3 in reg season and 36% for the post season. That's still pretty good as bad as it looks sometimes.

the problem w/ yesterday was that CLE shot at an astounding rate in the second half oh well

beat them at home next game, its your house

If the Celtics can pull of a win tonight I call this season a success. Taking Cleveland 6 games in the Eastern Conference Finals is a good year and things should only get better.

Its already a success I guess but winning this game really nails it home.

Unfortunately I don't see Cleveland losing.

Amazing score. Cleveland could set a record maybe. Have the celts just given up? Can't say i blame thems.

Amazing score. Cleveland could set a record maybe. Have the celts just given up? Can't say i blame thems.

The Celtics have 1 all star.. and he isn't playing. The Celtics are already over matched and banged up. I don't think they quit they are just out matched.

I will say there team defense looks a bit lazy.

Celtics reached their ceiling. Could not go any further. On to the Draft.
Playoffs start June 1.

If the Celtics can pull of a win tonight I call this season a success. Taking Cleveland 6 games in the Eastern Conference Finals is a good year and things should only get better.

Its already a success I guess but winning this game really nails it home.

Unfortunately I don't see Cleveland losing.
Their season is the same success whether they got to this series and were swept or lost in 7. Losing by more or less does not define success. Winning defines success and they won their way to this series then lost.

Go Cavs go! He is in the GOAT convo if he wins it again this season. Would love to see the Jordan stans lose their ****.

Al Horford has the worst cost/benefit in the NBA.

Go Cavs go! He is in the GOAT convo if he wins it again this season. Would love to see the Jordan stans lose their ****.

Agreed. Wouldn't mind seeing Stan upset, either.

Agreed. Wouldn't mind seeing Stan upset, either.
800282_1312926392297_full.jpg

Jordan was and will always be my favorite but LeBron is building his own legacy, you gotta give it to the guy, 7 straight finals!!! That's just nuts, he instantly makes a team a playoff team, look how Cleveland was when LeBron left, it was left 4 dead, then Miami became a huge sellout place with LeBron because he attracts crowds and sells out, then finally he went back to Cleveland and the arena started selling out, local businesses around the arena started selling well again, he is just a huge economic impact guy. He might have a shot at matching Kobes rings. When he has a healthy Irving the game changes, he doesn't have to carry the load as much and that helps him a lot.

Either way we are gonna get a good NBA finals. Golden State looks even scarier than last year and they have a solid bench.

I honestly do not know who to root for in this again. I don't like Cleveland, but Golden State (and specifically Draymond Green) have become just as unlikeable to me. Pencil me in for the asteroid.

Cavs had over a 20% chance of getting the #1 pick in that draft, second only to the T-Wolves at 25%. In 1997, C's had a 27.5% chance of getting the #1, followed by the Spurs at 21.6%. This is your idea of a conspiracy?

If anything, there was a conspiracy of stupidity from the "brain" trust of the Clippers that led to the Irving selection. They traded Baron Davis and an unprotected #1 to the Cavs for the mediocre Mo Williams and the replacement-level Jamario Moon. That #1 turned into Irving . . . ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes