PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn. That sucks. They were losing this series with or without him, though. Might as well shut him down and let him start prepping for next season.

AD still locked up for 3 more years. Maybe Boogie runs him out of town if we're lucky. LeBron isn't even the biggest problem, we are even further away from beating the Dubs.
Idk the Celtics seem to have an oddly favorable matchup when it comes to Golden State. We've played them really close and beat them multiple times the last couple years

Damn. That sucks. They were losing this series with or without him, though. Might as well shut him down and let him start prepping for next season.
What does it matter? There's a pathetic jackass around here who thinks IT is just another Carmelo. And "pathetic jackass" is a kindly description of that douchebag. And I'm not referring to IT or Carmelo. Dink...

IT hasn't played well this series, but to me he looks a half step slower. He hasn't looked himself at all.

Regardless I know the Cavs are better than the Celtics thats a no brainer but there is no excuse to get blown out by over 40 points before the 1st half is over.

That was embarrassing.

What does it matter? There's a pathetic jackass around here who thinks IT is just another Carmelo. And "pathetic jackass" is a kindly description of that douchebag. And I'm not referring to IT or Carmelo. Dink...
Who? Captain Stoned?

They aren't winning a game in this series. I fully expect their doors to get blown off in Cleveland.

That's a shame. I really felt as though they could've pushed this series to 5 or even 6 games, prior to game one.

Who? Captain Stoned?

Not me; I haven't even posted a comment in this particular thread until this one.

Edit: And besides, I would never compare IT, limited though he might be, to a certified Coach-Killer such as Carmelo Anthony.

Last edited:
Not me; I haven't even posted a comment in this particular thread until this one.
I thought he was referring to the thread in the C's forum but even then I couldn't reference it. No clue who he's talking about then.

Something tells me that's what they are doing. It would be a different story if we were heading into game 5 tied 2-2. Instead it looks highly unlikely there will even be a gam 5.

Great season and playoff run for IT4.

Tough blow but they weren't winning a game this series with him anyway.
1. William Felton Russell is the only "Tom Brady" of basketball
2. James, Jordan, Bryant scrap to be in a class with Robertson, Baylor
3. Baylor (and LeBron) lit us up in the playoffs in the past but we still won because our teams were better
4. IT can be an excellent complimentary player on a championship team - not the centerpiece. We do need at least two more guys.
5. The extent to which we get blown out by the Cavs now will only make it sweeter (and funnier) when we beat them in the (hopefully) near future.
6. We can watch tonight to see how our guys are doing, and enjoy them for at least a couple more games in an enjoyable season. I'm not even paying attention to the opponent; I don't care.
7. Sorry, but whenever Marv Albert is the announcer I immediately mute the sound for the entire game.

Post#104

People who claim that Bill Russell was the greatest basketball player of all time are like those weirdos who think that someone like Johnny Unitas is still the greatest QB of all time. Sorry but they've been passed by quite a bit.

Marcus Smart and Amir Johnson starting tonight. Amir is useless, Marcus will either play really well or give us a brick fest.

But whatever, I expect to get our doors blown off tonight so anything better would be a pleasant surprise. I'm watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe