PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: BOSTON CELTICS vs. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (Eastern Conference Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a sweep if that's what the C's are going to bring to the table in this series. I turned it off at halftime.

This is going to be a sweep if that's what the C's are going to bring to the table in this series. I turned it off at halftime.
Definitely getting swept. No faith that they can beat Cleveland after last night. One of the worst beat downs of the Celtics I've seen. And I only watched one half.

Credit to LeBron but still that was pretty pathetic.

Definitely getting swept. No faith that they can beat Cleveland after last night. One of the worst beat downs of the Celtics I've seen. And I only watched one half.

Credit to LeBron but still that was pretty pathetic.
Yep. I've seen some Celts fans blame the refs on social media. Awful. That was just a ***** slapping.

You'd have to be out of your mind to think trading the picks for George or Butler will result in a title.

You'd have to be out of your mind to think trading the picks for George or Butler will result in a title.

Draft fultz. Paul pierce is wrong. The window isn't now for the Cs as long as lebron is playing. It's down the road when fultz takes over from Thomas paired with a jaylon brown and maybe whoever else you get with Brooklyns 2018 first rounder

Would it be possible to just forfeit the last two games? Bad form, but isn't there some sort of mercy rule? This is shaping up to be the biggest blowout series in nba, maybe sports, history.

I could see it psychologically scarring the celts and indeed the whole new england area for many years.

Nope. That wouldn't put them over the top. LeBron in his prime is just not going to be topped in the East as long as he's paired with Irving (which will be the rest of his career unless he leaves Cleveland again) and he has an owner willing to spend money to put the pieces around him. Fultz is no sure thing, but he's Boston's best bet. I'd keep IT too and try to find a way to get Anthony Davis out of New Orleans.

Oh and now that he's gone, I feel bad as a Heat fan for LeBron coming here and learning how to get over the top from Wade. I remember the Finals in 2010 when Wade was screaming at him on the floor in Game 3 and the next year he was a completely different player in the Finals. He was fantastic the following year against the Spurs, too.

Nope. That wouldn't put them over the top. LeBron in his prime is just not going to be topped in the East as long as he's paired with Irving (which will be the rest of his career unless he leaves Cleveland again) and he has an owner willing to spend money to put the pieces around him. Fultz is no sure thing, but he's Boston's best bet. I'd keep IT too and try to find a way to get Anthony Davis out of New Orleans.
AD still locked up for 3 more years. Maybe Boogie runs him out of town if we're lucky. LeBron isn't even the biggest problem, we are even further away from beating the Dubs.

if this CLE team plays like this in the finals GS stands no chance

the refs are the reason we went into a hole early, and then our play and CLEs play just followed that spiral, but the play on the floor did not start it

IT has really struggled this game, it really is him more than anyone, he is missing short shots, when doubled he cannot find the open guy for the life of him, and i swear he did the last two series, not sure why he cant anymore, he is choosing wrong times to drive, for some reason the last series and a half theres been a consistent theme by refs to NOT call anyone when he drives and gets fouled which is interesting, IT is also turning the ball over too much, LJ sees the passes IT sees and gets in the way

if IT played like IT of last two series, wed be fine, but his woes and miscues and weaknesses affect the whole team, and when they started affecting it, it dropped the whole teams confidence, they don't know when to take shots anymore

bad series by the whole team, but it starts w/ IT...if this is his level of play against the top competition he is not a max player

AD still locked up for 3 more years. Maybe Boogie runs him out of town if we're lucky. LeBron isn't even the biggest problem, we are even further away from beating the Dubs.
Everyone is. Golden State has one of the most complete rosters I've ever seen. With KD, Steph is being given more room to shoot and he's absolutely lethal when it comes to open 3's.

if this CLE team plays like this in the finals GS stands no chance

the refs are the reason we went into a hole early, and then our play and CLEs play just followed that spiral, but the play on the floor did not start it

IT has really struggled this game, it really is him more than anyone, he is missing short shots, when doubled he cannot find the open guy for the life of him, and i swear he did the last two series, not sure why he cant anymore, he is choosing wrong times to drive, for some reason the last series and a half theres been a consistent theme by refs to NOT call anyone when he drives and gets fouled which is interesting, IT is also turning the ball over too much, LJ sees the passes IT sees and gets in the way

if IT played like IT of last two series, wed be fine, but his woes and miscues and weaknesses affect the whole team, and when they started affecting it, it dropped the whole teams confidence, they don't know when to take shots anymore

bad series by the whole team, but it starts w/ IT...if this is his level of play against the top competition he is not a max player
The Warriors are going to beat the Cavs 4-2 in the Finals.

Everyone is. Golden State has one of the most complete rosters I've ever seen. With KD, Steph is being given more room to shoot and he's absolutely lethal when it comes to open 3's.
As much crap as the East gets, the Dubs are really the only contender in the West. Spurs don't have a shot with or without Kawhi.

As much crap as the East gets, the Dubs are really the only contender in the West. Spurs don't have a shot with or without Kawhi.
I think they would have just based on Leonard's defensive presence against Durant. He's capable of guarding Durant one on one which would leave the rest of the Spurs' defense able to close out on the Dubs' shooters. That series would have went to 7 with a healthy Kawhi and Parker. I still think Golden State would have found a way though. Personnel-wise, I think the Spurs matched up the best with this current Golden State squad than any other team in the NBA.

EDIT: this current Golden State team reminds me the most of the early-2000's Spurs.

As has been mentioned, I think the Celtics need to take the long view on building a championship team. Being in the same conference with Lebron means you must have at a minimum a top 5 player in the league plus a couple more in the top 30. The Cavs has 3 # 1 picks plus got Lebron back. Hard to compete with that. None of the players being mentioned as possibilities (Hayward, Butler, George) fit the top 5 criteria though they should have a few more years of top 30. Need to get lucky and see Fultz turn into an absolute stud, the Nets and Clippers picks the next 2 years get them a quality big (where are the KAT or AD types when the C's have a top pick?) and cross your fingers that Zizic turns into Pau Gasol. The Celtics are the football equivalent of KC Chiefs right now and taking that next step will not be easy (especially in the short term)

Would it be possible to just forfeit the last two games? Bad form, but isn't there some sort of mercy rule? This is shaping up to be the biggest blowout series in nba, maybe sports, history.

I could see it psychologically scarring the celts and indeed the whole new england area for many years.
I look at it completely differently. Any team that would be "psychologically scarred" by this experience isn't worth rooting for. I don't believe that the Celtics are that team. They will keep playing hard, get their asses kicked and remember this until they get the chance at redemption. And they will. Forfeiting? That would be far more "psychologically scarring" than finishing out the series. I've been a Celtics fan since the Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn days and if they forfeited I'd never watch another game or root for them ever again.

It's a shame we don't get the Browns this year. I'd love to see the Patriots break the spirit of their fanbase permanently.

Agree, I'm still taking Golden State, great as Lebron is that as complete a team as I have ever seen. However I am a Warriors fan and I know as much about basketball as those with boner's for Garrapolo know about football.

Anyone who thought we had a shot in this series deserves to never be taken seriously again regarding anything basketball related.
I understand, and there's lots to back up those who expected a sweep all the way.

I do remember the '96 World Series after two games, or even the NBA finals in '77...

The Celtics looked awful in the first two against the Bulls, but were able to improve after that.

It would be nice to see them play their best at least once in this series; it would be good enough to grab at least one win. I definitely don't consider these guys on this Celtics team quitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe