PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only two running backs on the roster / Pats need a RB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see a trade for a RB. I like what I’m seeing from Sony Michel, but I don’t want him to wear down and run into the “rookie wall”.

I hope they put barner as the main pr

On a side note they are reporting the Eagles are talking to the Cardinals about David Johnson and have freed up a total of 11 mill.

I thought the point of a backup was his ability to at least play some of the role that the guys he's backing up do, rather than be something completely different.
White & Michel are each other's backups; we do not have a Big Back of ANY kind in the building.

White & Michel are each other's backups; we do not have a Big Back of ANY kind in the building.

From what I've seen, White's and Michel's skill sets are complementary, yin/yang rather than duplicates of each other.

As far as a "big back" goes, maybe there simply isn't one available at the moment who's worth a roster spot?

At this point, I'm just happy that the Pats have a healthy, semi-competent 3rd RB on the active roster. It seems to me that it's been at least a few years since the last time the Pats had fewer than 5 RBs on the roster (including Bolden) for any extended period.

I hope they put Barner on waivers, again, but his time for good.
Until they find someone better to back up PR and be the 3RB there isn't anyone

Last edited:
I suspect that Belichick believes that Chung and Patterson are the backup punt returners. Wasn't that the case in the last game?
You are right. However I view Chung as a "safety" PR (just FC, not run back) and Cord has had very limited experience as a PR. In other words, I think BB is looking for someone with more experience and playmaking ability in the role.

You are right. However I view Chung as a "safety" PR (just FC, not run back) and Cord has had very limited experience as a PR. In other words, I think BB is looking for someone with more experience and playmaking ability in the role.
It really sucks to lose Cyrus Jones to the ratbirds.
However thank god we learned our lesson and didnt risk JC Jackson Or Keion Crossen to waivers.
Both seem talented enough to start on this team in the future.

However thank god we learned our lesson and didnt risk JC Jackson Or Keion Crossen to waivers.
Im not losing sleep over losing Cyrus.

If Jason Mc wasn't playing out of his mind right now JC would be starting.

On a side note they are reporting the Eagles are talking to the Cardinals about David Johnson and have freed up a total of 11 mill.

Those are rumors started by Eagle fanboys. David Johnson just got an extension this offseason.

There’s probably offset language so unless some team agrees to pay him more per game than his Saints’ contract, he might as well sit home collect the same amount without risking injury.

I would think that if he didn't play for the whole year he'd also have a risk of ending his career.

I would've risked KC to waivers right now than CJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft