PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Backs (Five-Headed Monster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it’s going to get crowded. But, not only do we need them to win/rotate, we can’t risk any of them being picked up by rivals.

1978 part two! Loving it!
not 1 1000 yard back back in '78 ... but 4 guys 500 yards +

going to be interesting to see when White gets back how much more dynamic the running backs become

Last edited:
Wait till Sweet Feet gets back...!

Are we sure White is coming back this season? Wouldn't hold it against him of he didn't.

Rex did a great job in the sweet feet role against the raiduhs.

Are we sure White is coming back this season? Wouldn't hold it against him of he didn't.
I'm sure he'll be back this season... nobody who cares is going to want him grieving that long. You just have to try to resume normal life or you risk falling into a depression from which you may not recover. I've seen it happen to people. Football will become an escape for him.

Of course no need to hold anything against him with what's going on but I think with the way he stuck around the team the day the accident happened is an indication of his feelings for this team and his brothers in the locker room.

I'm sure he'll be back this season... nobody who cares is going to want him grieving that long. You just have to try to resume normal life or you risk falling into a depression from which you may not recover. I've seen it happen to people. Football will become an escape for him.

Agree he needs to resume life, but I wouldn't call football an escape. It'll be a stabilizer and regulator. We all need that.
He's still got peeps in the hospital, right? He'll want to get that stabilized but then probably will return fairly quickly after.

Depends on how involved he wants to be in his mother’s rehab. Since reports say she had “severe injuries” even when she’s released from the hospital she’s gonna need weeks (at least) of care. White can certainly afford to have the best for her, but especially with his dad gone he might feel he needs to stay down there and be a part of it.

Five-Headed Monster

This is a great problem to have going forward, but I am really curious to see how this will shake out. There are not enough touches for all five RBs. Berk was amazing yesterday and lived up to what we all know he can do when healthy. Some media were calling for him to be cut before the season, but the restructure was a clear sign he is here to stay. James White, we all are praying for him, should be back this week. He will play everywhere as usual. Sony finally turned it on yesterday having the best game of his career, IMO. Taylor got the most carries and did a solid job (3.9 ypc). He is just so tiny that the defense has a hard time finding him. Harris will be back soon, and I personally, really want to see what he has. He had a fantastic camp. Some wonder if he is the best complete RB on this team. He has not shown much in games to this point as not much opportunity has been afforded to him, but when he comes back, this will all be interesting. What ya think?

Five-Headed Monster

Maybe we just stick all 5 of them behind center and then run fake end arounds.

Nobody's way to deal with grief and cope with depression is more valid than someone other's. If White is back and being around a locker room can help him then great. If he needs to be with his mother as she goes through rehab from a devastating car accident while going through her own grief then this is ok as well.

Nobody's way to deal with grief and cope with depression is more valid than someone other's. If White is back and being around a locker room can help him then great. If he needs to be with his mother as she goes through rehab from a devastating car accident while going through her own grief then this is ok as well.
Your opening line is not entirely true, and either way not really related to my post. If White chooses to sit out, then that's the way he'll choose to deal and that's fine. I never stated anything to the contrary. I was giving my opinion, not a mandate, which is I believe he'll be back. Regardless, every single person has to find a return to normal life after tragedy, or you spiral into a dark place from which it is difficult (and for some impossible) to return. So even if he chooses not to come back this season, which I highly doubt will be the case, he'll have to find normalcy at some point still.

Last edited:
They were okay week one, horrible week two, and great week three. I think this RB group falls somewhere in the middle as an average group of running backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back